Transportation to Downtown Disney

joekardos

My family had ideas that after we visit Animal Kingdom we head off to Downtown Disney / Pleasure Island. Is there a bus at Animal Kingdom that goes directly to Downtown Disney? We are staying at POFQ (which has the boat ride over) but we feel it would be faster taking a bus right to Downtown Disney than heading back to our resort and then going (especially if the bus is offered at AK).

Also, how late is the POFQ boat ride back offered? Are there buses that can take you from POFQ and back as well? Thanks.

RiversideBunny

My family had ideas that after we visit Animal Kingdom we head off to Downtown Disney / Pleasure Island. Is there a bus at Animal Kingdom that goes directly to Downtown Disney? We are staying at POFQ (which has the boat ride over) but we feel it would be faster taking a bus right to Downtown Disney than heading back to our resort and then going (especially if the bus is offered at AK).

Also, how late is the POFQ boat ride back offered? Are there buses that can take you from POFQ and back as well? Thanks.

There are buses to and from DTD from each resort.
I think the last boat back to PO is about 11 pm but check when you get there.

I don't think that there are buses from the parks themselves to DTD anymore because some off-site people were parking at DTD free and then taking the bus to the parks.

:)

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Depending on where you want to go at DTD, the quickest way to DTD from AK is catch the bust to Saratoga Springs, get off at the third stop (cant think of the name of it) and walk the short path around the lake. Or you can get off at the last stop, go through the main building and catch the boat.

Upvote 0

disneyfan56

Last year when we were at Disney, you could catch a bus to any of the other parks at all the parks. Maybe it changed, but we went from AK to Epcot on a bus.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

There are buses to and from DTD from each resort.
I think the last boat back to PO is about 11 pm but check when you get there.

I don't think that there are buses from the parks themselves to DTD anymore because some off-site people were parking at DTD free and then taking the bus to the parks.

:)

If that is the case, then I have to say, it's a half-assed solution. If someone really wants to save 10 bucks, what's to stop them parking at DTD, taking a bus to a resort CLOSE to the park they intend to visit that day & take another bus/monorail/ferry/WALK to that park?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
To clear things up a bit. There is no direct transportation form any of WDW 4 theme parks to DTD. You must go from the park to a resort to DTD.

In your particular situation I would head back to PORS freshen up a bit after a long sweaty day in the park and take the boat over. The boat will run until either 10:00 or 11:00 PM. After that you can the the bus back to your resort.

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

And I deleted mine...:ROFLOL:

Where is the bus stop now? I dont remember seeing it when we were there in January.
You might be right after all but someone will have to clear the confusion I have. I guess it doesn't make sense to go all the way to TTC and grab the monorail to Epcot or whatever :lol:

I've taken the bus from AK to MGM but yeah I'm not sure about Epcot.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
You might be right after all but someone will have to clear the confusion I have. I guess it doesn't make sense to go all the way to TTC and grab the monorail to Epcot or whatever :lol:

I've taken the bus from AK to MGM but yeah I'm not sure about Epcot.

You can only catch the monorail to Epcot from the TTC. There is no direct line from MK to Epcot.

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

You can only catch the monorail to Epcot from the TTC. There is no direct line from MK to Epcot.
I knew that :p

I'm not exactly a newbie to WDW :lookaroun A little confused right now, but I know about the switching off of monorails :p I meant it doesn't make sense to grab a bus from DAK/MGM to the TTC just to get to Epcot when a bus can take you there directly.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I knew that :p

I'm not exactly a newbie to WDW :lookaroun A little confused right now, but I know about the switching off of monorails :p I meant it doesn't make sense to grab a bus from DAK/MGM to the TTC just to get to Epcot when a bus can take you there directly.

Im confused now too. I need a drink. :lol:

Upvote 0

mary219

Is there a bus from pop straight to dtd?I didnt realize there was buses to take you straight there.Also,how about the boardwalk?if you stay at pop,can you get to the boardwalk via disney transportation?thanks

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is there a bus from pop straight to dtd?I didnt realize there was buses to take you straight there.Also,how about the boardwalk?if you stay at pop,can you get to the boardwalk via disney transportation?thanks
There is no direct Disney transportation from resort to resort with the exception of those on the monorail loop. Your best bet from going one resort to another using Disney buses is to take a bus to the closest theme park and from there take a bus to the resort. In the case of the Boardwalk you have several options. The fastest is usually taking a bus to MGM and then either walk, take the boat or take the bus to the Boardwalk. You can also walk from inside of Epcot via the International gateway between the UK and France. If you are traveling after park hours your only options are to use DTD as a hub or take a cab.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom