Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Toni25

Do we really have to wait until 2025 to get RotR in Paris?
The real reaction should be...let's hope we EVER get a Star Wars Land at all. This project is moving veeeery slowly, we don't even know when exactly Frozen will open. Let's pray visitors will come in large numbers...if the park doesn't reach their target, we will get it even later.

But I have a hunch most of the new lands (Marvel and Frozen) should be open by 2024, because that's when the Paris Olympics will take place, so I guess it would be a smart move on their side.

Toni25

stop telling lies please. The Marvel campus opens in 2021 and Frozen in 2023. And they will not wait to see if attendance increases after Frozen opening to decide if they built Star Wars land. It will be already in construction...
Wow, you're a vicious little one aren't you? Hahaha
I am stating my opinion...I am not an official, therefore, there is no reason for "lie" accusations.
Are you sad your little fantasy will not come to fruition? You are delusional if you think they will build Star Wars if they don't see consistent attendance growth in the coming years as they open the lands. It happened before, you know. Literally...at Disneyland Paris, back in the 90s.
What is you official source that Frozen will open in 2023? That is just speculation mostly.

Mike S

After having been on RotR I just cannot believe the early rumors that Paris would get Galaxy’s Edge with only the Millenium Falcon. This ride makes the land. Now on this page it could end up not getting any Star Wars Land? That’s nuts.

Last edited:

cjkeating

After having been on RotR I just cannot believe the early rumors that Paris would get Galaxy’s Edge with only the Millenium Falcon. This ride makes the land. Now on this page it could end not getting any Star Wars Land? That’s nuts.

I wouldn't worry yet, based on the initial concept art (no falcon) and all of the plans submitted to the French authorities have suggested it is ROTR. Reliable insiders have all hinted at ROTR, whether or not they are just basing this on the above or inside info who knows, but I think it is the latter.

Star Wars Land being cancelled at WDSP is purely a fan rumour based on the lukewarm response to GE in DL and DHS.

Currently everything is running to schedule regarding WDSP 2, there is a lot of legal work that has been going on since the announcement and is due to be complete in the next few months before works on the expansion (outside the current park boundaries) can take place.

Robbiem

Is there any truth in the rumours that the Paris star wars land would be classic star wars themed. Rise of the resistance looks fun but for me it would be so much better with the classic characters encountering Vader, Boba Fett, Chewbacca and Yoda would be amazing and give Paris something different from the stateside parks to market

Mike S

Is there any truth in the rumours that the Paris star wars land would be classic star wars themed. Rise of the resistance looks fun but for me it would be so much better with the classic characters encountering Vader, Boba Fett, Chewbacca and Yoda would be amazing and give Paris something different from the stateside parks to market
I would be jealous. Not totally because we still basically have the same rides but it would be nicer to have the OT.

Phroobar

I would be jealous. Not totally because we still basically have the same rides but it would be nicer to have the OT.
It would be really easily to change it over. Redress the AA stormtroopers and turn Kylo Ren into Darth Vader. Change out BB-8 for R2. Redo the videos. I bet they could do it for under 10 million. Watch it become more popular than the existing versions and WDI/Disney losing face on their squeal trilogy. The Mouse would never stand for it.

Mike S

It would be really easily to change it over. Redress the AA stormtroopers and turn Kylo Ren into Darth Vader. Change out BB-8 for R2. Redo the videos. I bet they could do it for under 10 million. Watch it become more popular than the existing versions and WDI/Disney losing face on their squeal trilogy. The Mouse would never stand for it.
Beck becomes Ackbar, Hux becomes Tarkin, Finn becomes Han Solo, add Chewie, Rey switches to Leia, Poe switches to Luke. All they’d need is likeness permission, that crazy deaging CGI tech, and soundalikes unless they can also apply deaging to the actual voices.

Phroobar

Beck becomes Ackbar, Hux becomes Tarkin, Finn becomes Han Solo, add Chewie, Rey switches to Leia, Poe switches to Luke. All they’d need is likeness permission, that crazy deaging CGI tech, and soundalikes unless they can also apply deaging to the actual voices.
You could do that but I think the only characters I would use is R2-D2 and Darth Vader. Hux could be any imperial. Beck is still Beck. Finn can be any miscellaneous rebel. Nium Numm could still pilot the first ship. They could use Mon Mothma or any rebel general for Rey. I just can't see using face characters in an OT ride because they are too old or dead or expensive.

Mike S

You could do that but I think the only characters I would use is R2-D2 and Darth Vader. Hux could be any imperial. Beck is still Beck. Finn can be any miscellaneous rebel. Nium Numm could still pilot the first ship. They could use Mon Mothma or any rebel general for Rey. I just can't see using face characters in an OT ride because they are too old or dead or expensive.
Then you’re kind of missing the point.

ToTBellHop

Oh, is that all you’d have to do? If they play their cards right, they can blow $500,000,000 on a single ride...

Phroobar

Then you’re kind of missing the point.
I don't really want to see digital versions of young Hamill and Ford. I really don't want to see this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Phroobar

Haven’t they already done Leia for Star Tours? Also the tech has improved. See Samuel L. Jackson in Captain Marvel.
That Leia was from the movie. It was just dubbed over. Also it's easier to deage someone than to bring back a young version of a dead actor.

Mike S

That Leia was from the movie. It was just dubbed over. Also it's easier to deage someone than to bring back a young version of a dead actor.
That’s why I said have her as the hologram. It wouldn’t need to be crystal clear perfect then and it’d have that static look. I’m sure it can be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom