Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

cjkeating

You know, I felt that way too after all the hype and the big 2B€ figure smashed into our faces. Then I thought about it, and the fact that the park will be so much bigger, with real places that you can actually sit down, relax, enjoy the scenery / lake / etc. It's not that bad, I know I'll be thrilled to really spend more than my routine "2hours to ride Crush, Ratatouille, ToT, RnRC, take some pictures and then off to the main one for the rest of my stay"...

It should. But DLP and phases 2 don't go along so well.

That being said...

If you go back to my very first post on this forum, I had originally heard that HKDL Avengers E-Ticket would *eventually* go instead of the stunt show. And some sort of Cars Land where Tram Tour is. Although we are talking about things so far in the future, I have no doubts these plans will change...

Completely agree.

I think we have to look at this as the beginning of the second half of DLPs era following the 25th and leading up to the 50th. I know that is a long time and depressing when you think how old you will be in 25 years time but some people have been following DLP since day one and unfortunately they didn't see the expansion they were expecting up until now.

We all know money doesn't go far with WDI so whilst what we appear to be getting may seem disappointing I think a significant sum will be going into the physical land prep, expanding WDSP into the lake area, relocating admin facilities, legalities etc. which only needs to be done once so further expansions pads are ready to go.

I also think once (hopefully) an attraction or two is announced for Disneyland Park people will be more optimistic.

Mpurkiss

Disneyland park needs more. Here’s what I think. They really need to relocate alladin to the main park as it fits in better there. Splash mountain or similar water ride. Would love to see a mine train ride but don’t think that’ll be happening. Tron would be cool. But I think the main focus should be Frontierland and adventure land as these lands seem to be spaces out with not much in between

Brummyboy92

I would love to see Aladdin moved into the main park, maybe on the site of Cafe De La Brousse. A flat ride more in keeping could take it's place, maybe something similar to the Inside Out attraction at California Adventure (Beens as Disney seems to want to imitate the same attractions across each resort).

Also agree, Frontierland/Adventure Land is crying out for a big attraction. Splash would be the obvious choice, but I would not say no to large scale rapids attraction either. That could be more feasible if people are concerned about the weather/water situation.

Franklin47disneyguy

What DLP needs

DL park
- New ride adventureland (Indiana jones or Log flume)
- 2 big dark rides fantasyland (BatB & Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway)
- Space Mountain retheme to Mission 1
- Expanded princess meet n greets

WDS park (On top of what is announced/rumored)
- Removal of tram tour & stuntshow
- Place making toon studio (pixar themed)
- Replacing Studio 1 with an actual studio/hollywood street
- Avengers dark ride
- 2 more Star Wars rides (different than MF:SR)
- Dark ride toy story land (different than midway mania)
- Expanding marvel area into production courtyard
- Retheme ToT to Marvel property
- Removal of ALL filmmaking props, cardboard etc

Disney Village
- Complete make over
- Themed to Disney Springs
- Great restaurants
- Nightlife

Resort wide
- Permanent security structures
- Art of Animation Resort
- Big moderate resort like Port Orleans (WDW)
- Entertainment Laq Disney

Third gate
- Based on islands of adventure

Timothy_Q

Disneyland park needs more. Here’s what I think. They really need to relocate alladin to the main park as it fits in better there. Splash mountain or similar water ride. Would love to see a mine train ride but don’t think that’ll be happening. Tron would be cool. But I think the main focus should be Frontierland and adventure land as these lands seem to be spaces out with not much in between
Uhm

Indy_UK

What DLP needs

DL park

- Avengers dark ride

Disney Village
- Complete make over
- Great restaurants
- Nightlife

Resort wide

Third gate

Don't want much do you lol

RunningKoen

In other news: the Frozen 2 trailer makes me even more excited for the Frozen section of WDS.

In reaction to some people being "disappointed" in how little the new plans offer:
A lake with 3 themed lands, option for a 4th , 2 extra e tickets, extra dining, parade, evening show in addition to already some nice parts of WDS is exactly what is needed to improve the park.
It's an expansion in proportion with the DLP parks. Comparing this to the SW:GE in America for example wouldnt do neither expansions justice.

Edit: To sum up the new WDS; it would make around 7 e ticets in the park ( SW, Frozen, RnRc, ToT, Crush, Ratatouile, Toy Story), around 5 themed areas (SW, Frozen, Marvel, 'France/Ratatouile', Toy Story), with both the tower and the lake available for shows, several great and important avenues for parades and several other stand alone rides, dining options and gift shops apart from the themed areas.
Sounds like a complete and balanced park to me.

It's a blessing they are doing several things for the Disneyland Park aswell otherwise WDS would outshine the "main" park.

Also, do not forget that both WDS and DLP are practically intertwinted with not only each other but also the hotel area and off course the to be upgrades Disney Village aswell.

Last edited:

Otamin

What DLP needs

DL park

- Avengers dark ride

Disney Village
- Complete make over
- Great restaurants
- Nightlife

Resort wide

Third gate
DLP would greatly benefit with a log flume ride.

It just doesn't feel right to not have Splash Mountain at all.

Brummyboy92

What do people expect to see from the remaining budget, and when do we expect to find out? I hear that's there's around 500 million Euros yet to be allocated to specific areas/attractions?

We already know a portion of that will be going to the Village area, 100 Million Euros perhaps? (And that's me being generous).

I think with the remaineder we could realisticly see Splash Mountain and Mickey/Minnie's runaway Railway in Disneyland park, and perhaps Soarin added to the line up of the studios park.

This would in theory make the resort a 3 day destination, and bring it up to the level it needs to be at moving forward.

I still think with all of the above there would be money left over, so maybe general improvements and a few new dining experiences over the two parks. Would be cool if a proper indy attraction/land was added to Adventure land. Keep the coaster for all I care, as well as the dark ride attraction and add some themed dining/shopping. Then again, I'm going from likely predictions to fantasy now. :)

What do people realisticly think we could see the remaining budget spent on, and can we expect news at D23, or closer to the end of the year?

Stevie Amsterdam

What do people expect to see from the remaining budget, and when do we expect to find out? I hear that's there's around 500 million Euros yet to be allocated to specific areas/attractions?

We already know a portion of that will be going to the Village area, 100 Million Euros perhaps? (And that's me being generous).

I think with the remaineder we could realisticly see Splash Mountain and Mickey/Minnie's runaway Railway in Disneyland park, and perhaps Soarin added to the line up of the studios park.

This would in theory make the resort a 3 day destination, and bring it up to the level it needs to be at moving forward.

I still think with all of the above there would be money left over, so maybe general improvements and a few new dining experiences over the two parks. Would be cool if a proper indy attraction/land was added to Adventure land. Keep the coaster for all I care, as well as the dark ride attraction and add some themed dining/shopping. Then again, I'm going from likely predictions to fantasy now. :)

What do people realisticly think we could see the remaining budget spent on, and can we expect news at D23, or closer to the end of the year?
Well, realistically, they will not be able to build Splash Mountain, MMRR and (or) Soarin for 400M euros. 500M wouldn't cut it either. Looking at their latest additions globally, it seems 500M is the standard for a new immersive land + 1 attraction.

Last edited:

Brummyboy92

O, I was being quite optimistic there, lol.

I wouldn't mind seeing Star Tours moved over the SW Land, freeing up a bit of space in Discovery land as well. I could see that happening if Space Mountain goes back to its former glory.

Hey ho, I'm impatient. I imagine we will have a more detailed idea of plans by the end of this year.

BrianLo

I think realistically you will just see Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway in the current budget for DLP.

I think the higher ups and confidence on this attraction is that it is a new 'parks staple' ala Soaring or TSMM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom