Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

fradz

Hi everyone,

I'm a Belgian guy, coming from the French-speaking community with *some* insider DLP sources who revealed the below.
This is what we have gathered so far from our sources. Things that don't have a question marks are pretty much confirmed

- Marvel will be 2 rides re-themed (RnRC to Avengers + Armageddon will be re-purposed) + the new E-ticket that's coming to Hong Kong.
- It is not certain whether Galaxy Edge will contain both US rides or not at the moment.
- Rumors of an additional hotel (on top of the one that will be added next to the Sequoia Lodge) are also surfacing for Galaxy Edge (cf DHS). The hotel is in competition OR in addition to the one around the Disney Village lake (there is still one pad available for the full Disney Village Lake to be completed).
- Frozen was originally planned for the Disneyland Park (=Magic Kingdom), as just the E-ticket. It was decided that it would go as an entire land for WDSP.
- Alien Saucers (DHS) kind-of ride will be added to Toy Story Land.

This is what the timeline currently looks like:

- 2020/2021 : Marvel
- 2022: E-Ticket in Disneyland Park (not announced yet, this concept art is not all! Expect more later, for the other park + disney village + hotels mentioned above)
- 2023: Frozen
- 2024: Star Wars (+Olympic Games in Paris)

Construction will begin in the coming months for Marvel, starting with the closure of RnRC.

NEW WDS-V2.jpg

Last edited:

jaxonp

Hi everyone,

I'm a Belgian guy, coming from the French-speaking community with *some* insider DLP sources who revealed the below.
This is what we have gathered so far from our sources. Things that don't have a question marks are pretty much confirmed

- Marvel will be 2 rides re-themed (RnRC to Avengers + Armageddon will be re-purposed) + the new E-ticket that's coming to Hong Kong.
- It is not certain whether Galaxy Edge will contain both US rides or not at the moment.
- Rumors of an additional hotel (on top of the one that will be added next to the Sequoia Lodge) are also surfacing for Galaxy Edge (cf DHS). The hotel is in competition OR in addition to the one around the Disney Village lake (there is still one pad available for the full Disney Village Lake to be completed).
- Frozen was originally planned for the Disneyland Park (=Magic Kingdom), as just the E-ticket. It was decided that it would go as an entire land for WDSP.

- 2022: E-Ticket in Disneyland Park (not announced yet, this concept art is not all! Expect more later, for the other park + disney village + hotels mentioned above)

Construction will begin in the coming months for Marvel, starting with the closure of RnRC.

View attachment 267355

Thanks for your input! What is the French Forum you gather this information from?

Robbiem

I'm convinced the Disneyland Parc E will be a Soarin' clone in Adventureland, leaving only Hong Kong without any version of that attraction.

Soarin would be a good addition to Disneyland park, i’ Love to see Indiana jones adventure or the rumoured indy boat ride from Florida as well but I suspect the two billion wont stretch that far!

fradz

It's pure speculation so far for the Disneyland Park E-ticket.
What we know is that everyone who has been to the park, including Disney's management/execs is aware of the imbalance between the left and right part of the park. Frontierland+Adventureland don't draw enough people in there; while Fantasyland and Discoveryland have most of the traffic.

Here are all speculations I've heard regarding Frontierland & Adventureland. Please keep in mind this is 100% speculations:
- Indiana Jones Adventure (In the spot that was reserved for it; between Indy coaster and PotC. Latest rumors said this was still in plans until a couple of months ago, when it was dropped for a Frozen E-ticket. However, this E-Ticket is now going to WDSP so who knows...)
- Any water-ride attraction. French fans really miss this compared to the other parks. They want Splash Mountain (or a layout clone with another theme), a river rapids ride or even a watercoaster... But I've never heard any solid rumor around any water-ride so far.
- Soarin', Shanghai style.
- The long rumored Geyser Mountain (seems unlikely now that ToT exists)
- Anything goes really..

All that I know is that an E-ticket is coming for 2022, and that fans will be "very, very pleased". All sources agree on that. Everything else is pure speculation/day-dreaming with 0 evidence.

peep

I don't think Cars is gone? I tried to compare to the aerial photo posted earlier and it looked like nothing had changed in that area (but it is a bit murky and hard to tell).

I noticed some people on Twitter saying the Studio 1 building has changed but I'm not 100% convinced, the top looks a bit flatter but they were saying its wider and compared to the aforementioned aerial photo that's not true. The paths either side of the building have also always been there and I think I last saw them used at Terrific nights. I do hope they change the interior though, more for crowd control than the decor.

They were also mentioning about the additional trees everywhere but, yet again, already there but due to the way the artist has used his brushes they just look bigger and more plentiful.

One thing I hope gets improved in this expansion is the food, the Ratatouille restaurant is amazing but everything else is a bit rubbish (especially in terms of seating and theming).

douglasrickard

I added the comments to the map myself. There's not just one source for DLP infos, but among others: ED92, DCP, TnP, Ameworld, ... Plus non-forum based sources. Question marks are definetely speculation-based, as it's important to mention.

Thank you so much! I was just about to go to the ED92 forum and attempt to translate for myself. Appreciate your input.

fradz

No worries! ;)

In addition to my Disneyland Park E-Ticket post above (waiting for mods' approval), a well trusted forumer received some additional infos for the WDSP expansion:

- Battle Escape + one Cantina confirmed for SWLand. Millenium Falcon: no info yet.
- Frozen Land's mountain will be highest peak in WDSP (thus taller than ToT)
- 2022 will be THE major year: new E-ticket for Disneyland Park (as mentioned above, to be announced "soon"). Also, during the 30year anniversary (so might be 2022, might be 2023); Frozen Land and the lake will be completed. On top of that, for the 30year anniversary, new show on the lake + potentially new night parade for Disneyland Park
- SWLand should be completed in 2024, an a SW hotel might finalize the plan, in 2025.

Last edited:

peep

I forgot to say thanks for the art with the notes on it in my previous post, so thanks!

- Frozen Land's mountain will be highest peak in WDSP (thus taller than ToT)

That would be insane! You can already see Tower from so much of the Resort, a mountain of a similar height would be ridiculous.

I'm quite excited to find out what the Disneyland Park is getting, I'm hearing there's a few options and the insiders aren't being told the final decision. Everyone is hoping for Tron but as much as I love the theme of Tron and the style of it in Shanghai it's not the best ride (should be so much better) and it'd stick out like a sore thumb in Discoveryland (I'd be fine with it in the Studios though with an alternative exterior).

fradz

I'm quite excited to find out what the Disneyland Park is getting, I'm hearing there's a few options and the insiders aren't being told the final decision. Everyone is hoping for Tron but as much as I love the theme of Tron and the style of it in Shanghai it's not the best ride (should be so much better) and it'd stick out like a sore thumb in Discoveryland (I'd be fine with it in the Studios though with an alternative exterior).
No worries! See post above for the E-ticket @ DLP speculations! I think the new addition won't be in Discoveryland... Wouldn't make much sense.

Regarding Cars, and the changes to the front of the park; you have a point. I think long term, Cars will be gone, but the fact that it's blurry in the concept art is just a coincidence. Regarding the entrance, it might indeed stay 100% the same. So far we don't have any solid information on that, just speculation.

nickys

Premium Member
Hi everyone,

View attachment 267355

Thanks for this.

Do you know anything about LMA and the tour?

And also any definite word on what the Frozen e-ticket ride will be?

fradz

Thanks for this.

Do you know anything about LMA and the tour?

And also any definite word on what the Frozen e-ticket ride will be?

- LMA, I'm not sure. I kind of assumed it was gone, so that the E-ticket for Hong Kong would take its place, but I re-read the message, and the source never clearly mentions that LMA is gone. Not sure where the E-ticket would fit if it's not the case.
- The tour will be gone by 2020 to make room for the expansion.

- Frozen: will be a dark ride. Type is not guaranteed, but boat ride seems favorite.

I will be gone for the next 5-6 hours as I have to attend some meetings! Thanks again to all the great French sources, I'm just sharing what I've gathered here ;)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom