Transferrring my WDW video tapes

fizzle75

Original Poster
I have a quick question for ya'll...

I have probably twenty hours of WDW footage that I have videotaped over the past few years and I would love to transfer it to DVD. What would be the best way for a fairly computer illiterate mountain boy like myself to transfer these tapes to DVD, and maybe even upload some footage to Youtube?

I will be transferring(hopefully)from a Sony Handycam. We have two laptops, both of which have DVD burning capabilities and we also have a Toshiba DVD/VCR player combo with DVD burning capabilites. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.:wave:

-Matt

mouselvrmom

I know there are lots of people on here that are really computer literate and could give you better advice. But I thought I would chime in because I too am a fairly computer illiterate person, but I do transfer all of my video onto dvds.

I just bought a new program because my computer crashed and I lost the basic program I got with my computer. It's a sony movie making program. So basically, I just capture all of my video, and my photos and music, then I push make movie and it renders it for me and I can burn it to a dvd. It works really slick and I love it. You can also save it to your harddrive or send it to the web.

Like I said, you probably will get some better advice on here, but if I can do it then pretty much anyone can do it. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Easiest, and non-computer, see what inputs the Toshiba has, and see what outputs your camcorder has - maybe get the books out? Ideally both will have firewire, but I doubt it. Possibly S-Video? If so, you`ll need leads to connect the 2 together (S Video is video only, you`ll also need a pair of audio (RCA) leads for the sound.

See what connections you have and we'll continue :wave:

Lakermouser

Transferring video

If your computer has Windows XP or VISTA and a Firewire connector, you can use Windows MovieMaker to "capture" your video. Use your digiital camcorder as the capture device with a VCR. In fact with MovieMaker you can add titles, transistions, and other effects to the video.

crazydaveh

If you have a DVD recorder, you can play from camcorder to the DVD Recorder and copy like it's a VHS recording.

I use a program called "AVID" to edit. It's expensive, but the company does have a freebe version you can download. You can capture and edit and should be fine.

PhotoDave219

eh... I'll take Final Cut over AVID. Either way they both have features that i'll never figure out how to use.

To the OP: Easiest Way - Hook camera up to VCR. Hit record.

Want to edit: Hook your camera up to a FAST computer and use either windows movie maker or iMovie. (Use a 4pin to 6pin firewire cable to do this) And then edit your footage.

Beyond that, ask Dolbyman. He is the video guru around these parts.

i have foiund hooking my camcorder up to a stand alone DVD recorder hooked to your tv works the best for me, its easy, and you can pick up a relatively cheap DVD recorder for just under $100 now.

Dippy Dawg

Fizzle75: Sony makes a device called the DVDirect. We have one and love it. You do not even need a computer to use it. Insert a blank DVD, connect your camcorder/VCR/digital camera/insert a flsh memory card, whatever. Press play on you camcorder and the record button on the DVDirect and that is it!!! It is wonderful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom