Tramway project and security relocation at TTC.

The Empress Lilly

Aesthetical reasons maybe? The vast, open, scorching hot, barren concrete wasteland now makes for a great contrast with the algae overgrowth of SSL.

#sarcasm #aretheytakingthepiss

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Mar. 2. Since most of the planters were removed from the Ticket and Transportation Center tramways at the loading/unloading area over the past several months, new vehicle security barriers are being installed. Installation is ongoing north of the monorail supports. Not sure why this is necessary, as only trams and Disney parking/security vehicles use this area. Also newly installed are the slim, LED light poles on concrete bases.

IMG_9302.JPG

IMG_9230.JPG

IMG_9303.JPG

hpyhnt 1000

Lavender bollards.. Looks like a continuation of the bright color overlay of TTC.
Thanks for the photo update.

I'm pretty sure the colored part is just a plastic cap covering the steel bollard underneath. Should be pretty easy to repaint/change the color of them in the future.

Photo update as of Thursday, Mar. 2. Since most of the planters were removed from the Ticket and Transportation Center tramways at the loading/unloading area over the past several months, new vehicle security barriers are being installed. Installation is ongoing north of the monorail supports. Not sure why this is necessary, as only trams and Disney parking/security vehicles use this area. Also newly installed are the slim, LED light poles on concrete bases.

View attachment 192270

View attachment 192271

View attachment 192272

Pretty sure we're looking at a new load/unload area for the parking trams taking shape. The bollards are very similar to what already exists at the current TTC loading areas. Wouldn't be surprised if something like this is what is being built over time:

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 1.03.57 PM.png

DznyRktekt

I'm pretty sure the colored part is just a plastic cap covering the steel bollard underneath. In other words, should be pretty easy to repaint/change the color of them in the future.

View attachment 192303
Agreed, they are a plastic sleeve. Thinking I may be premature in the hope of the TTC receiving cosmetic refinement.

Nice overlay/graphic, by the way.

Last edited:

hpyhnt 1000

Agreed, they are a plastic sleeve. Thinking I may be premature in the hope of the TTC receiving cosmetic refinement.

There's a lot that needs changing to the TTC to even get the space ready for a screening area. Doesn't help that the area has to remain functional for daily operations, so crews have maybe 5-6 hours/day to work, if even that. We're definitely in long timeline territory.

But hopefully once the security stuff is in place Disney can start making design and aesthetic improvements to the complex; it needs 'em!

ryguy

So if I am understanding this right, will eventually there be security checks at each of the hotels before boarding monorail or boat? And at the bus depot in front of the Magic Kingdom?

Truthfully Disney Springs probably could use security check points.

Rider

They could be the first step in a new load area but I feel like they are building it strange if that's the plan. Why wouldn't they build new waiting areas when they tore out the planters instead of just putting down more asphalt?

And the security bollards aren't typically seen at the tram stops.

It's all very strange/interesting.

matt9112

So if I am understanding this right, will eventually there be security checks at each of the hotels before boarding monorail or boat? And at the bus depot in front of the Magic Kingdom?

Truthfully Disney Springs probably could use security check points.

Meh all really not needed. If somebody wants to do harm there will be a way. (Great example) is how security checks in and of themselves become massive human targets. Why attack what's being protected when you can just attack the people waiting to get in?

roj2323

Original Poster

View attachment 192270

View attachment 192271

View attachment 192272

This is quite the interesting development. I completely puzzled and that doesn't happen too often.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So if I am understanding this right, will eventually there be security checks at each of the hotels before boarding monorail or boat? And at the bus depot in front of the Magic Kingdom?.
That seems to be the end plan. And could start to be seen in the short term.

Biff215

It looks pretty bad which makes me agree with others here that this is just the start of a bigger project. Between the congestion in front of MK and the monorail and ferries as soft targets, it certainly does make sense to move security checks further out. Still not sure how they'll handle those who arrive by resort buses, as that's still a ton of guests in that front area.

ryguy

I think I kinda like the plan, I would much rather be checked before I arrived at the Magic Kingdom, nothing says real world like getting checked for wmd's. That's what we are all trying to forget about for a day :(. Plus everyone is all excited when they hop off their mode of transportation, getting checked or being slowed down is a buzz kill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom