Tramway project and security relocation at TTC.

21stamps

This is where magicbands can shine. Make the resort monorail accessible only to guests and those with dinner reservations. Others guests shouldn't be loitering about the grounds anyway. I know that would be controversial but people pay top dollar for those amenities and shouldn't have to deal with the crowds that now wander about.
This is what I read on FB. Someone posted photos of the Grand Californian being closed off to non resort guests.. said it may happen at WDW too. I'm sure that wouldn't extend to dining reservations though.

Last edited:

homerdance

I'm not sure how they could reroute that path to push it through the new screening area, as it would lead directly into the path of the trams. It currently feeds into the ticket booths. I'm hoping this will mean a dedicated check for the path, as opposed to closing off the path completely.
In February they had dedicated security for the walkway in the morning.

Disney-Trains

This is what I read on FB. Someone posted photos of the Grand Californian being closed off to non resort guests.. said it may happen at WDW too. I'm sure that would extend to dining reservations too though.

The grand Californian isn't closed off to guests as far as I know. The front door has been reserved for guests only, but that is so non-resort guests don't just go through the hotel to use the hotels security.

21stamps

The grand Californian isn't closed off to guests as far as I know. The front door has been reserved for guests only, but that is so non-resort guests don't just go through the hotel to use the hotels security.

That makes sense. Maybe something similar could happen at WDW. I don't know how they could do that with the GF/Poly path though.

matt9112

Security really hasn't been that horrendous or awful this week. It takes seconds of your time. Of course I go solo and not with a double-wide stroller filled to the brim. I can see how it gets annoying but plan accordingly. And most security seemed very nice and pleasant. I'm not seeing mass amounts of congestion. I'm glad they're making these changes. We all know it's theater security and if something major were to happen, it's going to happen. Just live your life.

We go with no bags or stroller and have had to wait 40 minutes before.....implementation has been far from good.

Kman101

We go with no bags or stroller and have had to wait 40 minutes before.....implementation has been far from good.

Wow! That's awful! 40 minutes? That's ridiculous. I don't understand that ... I guess I'm lucky. I've never been pulled to the side, I go through no bag and empty my pockets and go about my day. Takes literally seconds.

But going at rope drop could be why? I haven't experienced that at any of the parks since they've implemented the security screeings. Only park this week I hit first thing was Magic Kingdom and even then I walked right in?

I did have to wait in a horrible line at Universal a couple of months ago but then I ended up wanded through. It was right at 9am and probably waited about 10-15 minutes, if even that.

matt9112

Would you two have any interest in doing a podcast together? I think it would be hilarious. Kinda like a point/counterpoint format, or in this case, a fact/fiction format. :)

I see it going something like this:
@jt04 : I just heard that WDW will begin using flying buses by 2020.
@marni1971 : No they are not.
@jt04 : Well, it's been widely rumored.
@marni1971 : No it hasn't.
Pure gold right there!!! :D

I would pay money!!!

matt9112

Might be an exaggeration, don't you think? We all tend to have a distortion of time when making a point. 40 minutes would have resulted in a reportable riot.

I do apologize I believe I am including getting through the ticket gates as well. It was at epcot (on a festival day) later in the day (entry around 2ish) but there was a large wait to get through security and than beyond that it was like a cattle pen waiting to get through the gates.

To be fair this was a one time thing that I have not had to endure again. But it was rediculous that day.

jt04

This is what I read on FB. Someone posted photos of the Grand Californian being closed off to non resort guests.. said it may happen at WDW too. I'm sure that would extend to dining reservations too though.

I kinda doubt it would extend to dining at WDW. Might be necessary at DL because of the compact nature of the resort.

Clamman73

Not gonna put a roof over the new load/unload?
IMG_2659.PNG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom