Trails End is WDW's best kept secret

slappy magoo

I'm the odd one out here, but not really a fan. The food is very basic and not really very interesting. There are better WDW buffets out there.

We did the Trail's End dinner buffet a few years ago. It was fine, but not at all special. We might eat there again, or not.

I agree that the food isn't particularly special. It's basic. But it is all for the most part tasty. If you have finicky eaters, it's a great option. Before every resort started having "movies under the stars" I used to enjoy making a "mellow" night out of eating at Trail's End, then going to the campfire singalong and then watching a movie. Granted, it wasn't necessarily "mellow" getting there :D but as long as it wasn't too hot out it was always a pleasant evening. As I rec'd earlier, it's also a good option if you're planning a hard-core late night at the MK, either with Extra Magic Hours or if it's a hard ticketed event like MNSSHP. Instead of eating in the park, take a few hours, boat over to FW, chow down, re-energize, then go back to MK for the rest of the night.

Because it's also relatively inexpensive (certainly by WDW standards!), it's also a good off-the-dining-plan option. If you have a Signature restaurant/2-credit meal planned so you need to pay for a meal out of pocket, but you'd still like it to be more than a counter service meal, this is a great choice.

whitney37354

We've only been there for breakfast but we did enjoy it very much. I was able to try different things on the buffet that I normally wouldn't have.

PeoplemoverTTA

I'm so glad to read this thread - we're having our wedding "welcome dinner" here on July 14. We have some picky eaters in our group, and I also wanted to find something that was cost efficient. Trail's End also includes soda beverages, so it really is a bargain!

I am super pumped to eat here in a couple of weeks :)

disney4life2008

I'm so glad to read this thread - we're having our wedding "welcome dinner" here on July 14. We have some picky eaters in our group, and I also wanted to find something that was cost efficient. Trail's End also includes soda beverages, so it really is a bargain!

I am super pumped to eat here in a couple of weeks :)

That is the positive that soda is included. Not to mention the menu looks amazing as well.

seahawk7

Original Poster
When we ate there, I asked about the yummy strawberry shortcake that you get at the Hoop Dee Doo since it shares a kitchen with Trails End. The strawberry shortcake is not on the buffet but can be made for you if you request it. Our server told us this and made us one. Just thought I would mention that.

disney4life2008

When we ate there, I asked about the yummy strawberry shortcake that you get at the Hoop Dee Doo since it shares a kitchen with Trails End. The strawberry shortcake is not on the buffet but can be made for you if you request it. Our server told us this and made us one. Just thought I would mention that.

OMG thank you for that tip. It is nice to know you can ask :) I have a feeling I am going to really love Trail's End.

disney4life2008

I dined at Trail's End last night. It is definitely one of (if not the greatest value) at WDW. My bill was only $22 (with AP discount) includes beverage. This was my first time so a few thoughts. DO take the boat from MK to FW - the cruise was only a few minutes and drops off steps away from Pioneer Hall. Waits are long (if no ADR) - I only waited about 5 minutes. The ambiance is very rustic, down home country (though my table was broken) so they moved me to a different one on the main floor. About the floors - its a bi-level experience with seating and bar on first floor and more seating and the buffet on the second (only a few steps). I DO NOT like that the restroom is outside - every time I walked out I felt like my server thought I was trying to skimp on the bill. Now - the food. The absolute best was the red velvet cake OMG was this masterpiece amazing with soft serve ice cream YUM! The fried chicken was good (not exceptional) - it was missing something (maybe seasoning). My server brought me their version of buffalo sauce which was a good compliment. I did not try the other meats - but they had ribs, ham and roast. The sides were ok (the mashed potatoes were quite runny and the gravy had no taste - almost like paste; mac and cheese was one of the better sides; veggies are always good; and a spicy pasta dish was really great. The pizza was one of the best entrees - but I happen to love disney pizza anyway. OMG the chili was AMAZING - I had about 5 bowls with cornbread - yum. They also had peel and eat shrimp, salads, and lots of desserts including banana pudding, cakes, cookies, etc. Its really a lot of food so save room throughout the day.

Would I return: Not sure I would go out of the way every trip for Trail's End. The fried chicken was not as great as I had hoped but it was acceptable. The real winners here are the desserts, pizza and chili. The return ride to MK took forever - thanks to the water light parade (on a stuffed stomach - not a good thing, lol). Definitely a great place to try out but the return value (for me) is low.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom