Traffic Spike in October?

Blur

Original Poster
Hey guys,

I was just looking through the reservation possibilities for the October 12-14 weekend, and every single room seems to be booked! I know the Food and Wine Festival is going on, but is that really enough to get the park completely slammed?

If any of you have any information as far as how packed the park should be that weekend, and why, I'd really appreciate it!

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
I think you may have to call Reservations as you are so close to the actual weekend you are trying to book to be booking it online (with payment dates and all already set up in the resy system).

I could be wrong, but I can't believe all rooms are booked for next weekend. Try giving them a call and see..

(407) 939-7675

GOOD LUCK! :wave:

Blur

Original Poster
Heh, actually, I already gave them a call. Apparently, every single hotel is packed except for a top-end room at the Caribbean. At this point, it's more out of curiosity than anything else. I'm just used to WDW being at a low point during October, population-wise. To hear that the place is stuffed really blows my mind. Has there been a total shift in crowd movements as of late? How are people pulling this off?

teebin

Heh, actually, I already gave them a call. Apparently, every single hotel is packed except for a top-end room at the Caribbean. At this point, it's more out of curiosity than anything else. I'm just used to WDW being at a low point during October, population-wise. To hear that the place is stuffed really blows my mind. Has there been a total shift in crowd movements as of late? How are people pulling this off?

One possibility is that Disney is getting more savy at booking rooms. All of the hotels in Central florida could be dry and the parks pretty much empty. But the big money is in the rooms.

Another possibility is a major convention of sorts but I believe the former is a better bet.

Thanks to the Food and Wine Festival and MNNSHP, October which used to be value season, is now regular due to the increasing crowds over the years.

gardenia

When I looked just now, I saw standard rooms available at CSR, Beach Club, and Yacht Club. There are also rooms (including studio rooms) available at most of the DVC resorts.

Craig & Lisa

I know what you mean, we were trying to book a room at any All Stars for the first week of Nov., but they were full, but thanks to Marie at KK, she got us a great deal at CSR for just alittle more. On a side note we have airfare down, but the rest of the family had a way home for about 2 weeks except me, until today, more like early this morning, my DW found a way home. I was thinking that I would have to stay in Fla. :rolleyes: But she's good, actually they leave 3 hours before me and even though they have a layover they still get home 16 minutes before me, :shrug:, so I wonder what I can do for the little while I have after they leave :hammer:. Any suggestions?

Figment1986

As others have said, october appears to have become middle season now rather than off season thanks to the halloween parties, food and wine festival, and even the playhouse disney concerts which go through part of october.

I was at MGM last friday and it was packed, but that could have been thanks to the concert and RNRC reopening.

MrBug

When I looked just now, I saw standard rooms available at CSR, Beach Club, and Yacht Club. There are also rooms (including studio rooms) available at most of the DVC resorts.
Same here, sorry OP it looks like Disney just doesn't want your money.... Spill it, what secrets are you hiding?? :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom