Traditions, Your last One.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Ok,well I've asked if you had a tradition when you arrive at WDW,but do you have one before leaving the world. In our last two visits at riverside,both times in Parterre Place,when wheeling our suitcases over the bridge at sassagoula river we stop and each of us closes our eyes,and toss our dimes into the river whilst making a wish.We never reveal what we wished for.:sohappy:

rsoxguy

Epcot- Spaceship Earth, restroom.
Magic Kingdom- Restroom, look back on Main Street.
Animal Kingdom- Restroom.
Hollywood Studios- Restroom.

So, mostly restrooms, but I travel with females, and it's required.

disneylemons

Trying to pack anything Disney I can take home so it doesn't seem so sad.. running to the quick serve trying to eat up the rest of our dining credits..
trying to make sure my mother in laws suitcase is withing the limits and get all of our luggage checked (LOVE the resort check in)
Running in my head the next time I'll be back..:)

foreverbelle

We usually hit up Poly first before heading over and grabbing some Earl of Sandwich for lunch before either getting in the car and making the long drive home. Or heading back to catch the ME bus...Always a sad hour for us....

bgraham34

We always do Crystal Palace for Breakfast on our last day and the grab Caseys for lunch on the way out. I also throw a Dolewhip in there as well.

jdnetone

The three times we went to Disney (2000, 2004, 2010) we stayed at the All Star Music Resort, On the last day I would go the fountain that is in the walkway about half way to the back of the room sections and throw in a coin and say ”until I come back again”. This time we are planning to stay at Riverside in October and I like the Ideal of tossing the coins from the bridge. I will toss them for sure somewhere.

Can't wait till October :)

jdnetone

PS We just discovered the Dole Whips on out last trip, on the last morning before our flight we went to MK ad got one last Dole whip. That may be a another tradition and a tasty one at that

bubbles1812

Generally our tradition is to spend the first night and the last night in the Magic Kingdom. The last ride we ride on is Pirates of the Caribbean...it goes back to our very first visit when I was 7, and my brothers were 5 and 3. My littlest brother absolutely loved Pirates and no matter where we were or what we were doing, he was always asking when he could go see the Pirates again. So our last night, we raced around and around to ride it as many times as we could in the last half hour before the fireworks started/park closed. It's been a tradition since.

LuLaSue

Last Stop....

Down Town Disney for some shopping, Earl's for a late lunch and back to the resort for Magic's Pick up!:(

draybook

Our final Disney act is to hit the resort food court and pillage many a fudge brownie and chocolate chip cookie with our remaining snack credits for the long car ride home!

kprena19

while y dad brings the car around to the front my mom, sister, and i always fill up or mugs and go through the gift shop one last time :'( but we always remind ourselves on the walk to the car that we will come back again soon, it's not a final good bye, just a see you later <3

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Oh No!

Our tradition is to fish a bunch of dimes out of the river and buy some beignets.

I hope not at Port Orleans. The reason being that the story goes, a tourist once was spotted wading in the sassagoula river fishing up dimes but late on that night whilst sleeping in his bed,he was visited by the ghost of Chief Wakuma from the tribe of lost boys.The word sassagoula meaning mississippi in old Indian tells of White men panning for gold and stealing from the native American. He was never seen again.:lookaroun

Cmdr_Crimson

Go to Epcot hit all the rides to say farewell and then get to the front gate, sit on one of the benches furthest to the right of the entrance, listen to the entrance loop and stare at SSE for awhile before I have to leave.

nngrendel

You know I am getting a little depressed reading this thread. I dont want to think about what I am going to do right before I leave the parks.

My visit doesnt start for another 94 days and I started thinking what am I going to do right before I leave. :(

Kelsybelle

The night before we are set to leave, we pack up and get our luggage set and have everything we need for the a.m. including our carry on bags with bathing suits, ready to go. The morning we leave we always have breakfast at O'hana, drop the luggage at the airport kiosk (love that)! Then head to the Magic Kingdom for last minute splurge shopping on the things we can't go home without. I usually cry...We then head back to Poly, recheck our room, hang by the pool for a few, check out...and go....home....:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom