Traditional WDW Purchases each visit

LilSuzy

Anytime we go to Disney, we pick up,

a new magnet
New T-shirt
Frame

Sometimes every other trip we pick up candy, hoodies, and Mickey Ears.

Can't wait for this October......:animwink:

WDW-Crazy

-Refillable Mug
-Postcards
-Accessories for my monorail collection
-WDW stickers to decorate my albums
-Pictorial Souvenir (although I think they've been phased out with the booklets on each individual park)

Plus the "free items" like:

-Park maps
-Show schedules
-WDW rack brochures found at the welcome/tourist centers
-Soap/Shampoo from our WDW resort room
-WDW resort map/layout
-Napkins and paper cups (design usually changes to reflect what celebration they're doing)
-Folder and info packet given to us at check-in

Also on our most recent trip last year, we were coming back to Pop from Downtown Disney and happened to get into an interesting conversation with our bus driver. He gave me a card that has the list of what type of buses are in WDW's bus fleet, along with descriptions of each model. I thought that was nice and I still have it in my WDW collection.

cowanfamily

We are going with our grandchildren in October. I did not realize disney had all those different popcorn buckets and plan to get some for the kids. Could someone please post pictures of their collection. thanks!! janine

I was at a Disney outlet off exit 118 in Tennessee last week. They had an entire table full of various popcorn buckets. They were being sold for $3 each. The majority of the merchandise being sold was Disneyland stuff. They also had a lrge collection of past refillable mugs for sale.

Dads 2 Boys

* Christmas Ornaments (dated)
* Antenna toppers
* Refillable mugs
* Magnets (generally something different and ones from rides we don't have)
* Something with Malificent on it (this is my fiancee's)
* T-shirt (or 2 .....or 3) My fiancee and I need to "refill" our WDW wardrobe this year since all of ours are huge now. Since our last trip in '09, I lost 60 lbs and she lost 100 so we have nothing WDW that fits. :lol:

BigRedDad

A small tradition my family started to keep my DD from asking for this and that everywhere was to buy her a "baby" at the end of each day if she is good. These are the small stuffed animals ~$12-$15. She puts them in the window and plays with them in the room. Its a must do for us and she knows she has to be good.

jlevis

Trader Jacks at the Poly always has them. I saw them last October, I have several myself! But mine are all Pluto :ROFLOL:

I have a 2010 shirt but when we were there in March-April this year there were none available and there are none at the online store. We'll be back in September so...fingers crossed.

forevermickey

def. pins! A small themed Minnie Mouse for my 5 year old... xmas ornament ...try to find a woman's T-shirt that I like..... pressed Pennies! Photo package from Restaurants... we don't have may family photos... I love Disney shopping!

coltow

I always have each of my boys buy themselves a towel when we get to resort. Then they have it for the pool as well as to take home and use all year round.

When my oldest was born my mom got him a few pins so each time we go I pick one out with the year on it and then let him pick one more. It has to be something that he liked on that trip so that we can remember something he liked on each trip.

1. Pins-from our resort and from any new attractions that we do on the current trip that we haven't done on previous trips

2. Mickey ears-different ones from any that we've bought on earlier trips

3. Resort mugs

4. Fridge magnet with the year

Just added these to the list this year:

5. Shirt with the year

6. Plush (try to make this something memorable based on a memory we made during the trip)

jrhighteacher

This is my first post and I am really excited!:wave: My daughters always buy a new pair of pajamas the very first day we arrive. Its been a tradition since they were toddlers. Its always nice to have a new pair of Disney pjs for the trip!

mergatroid

Traditionally I try to stop my wife buying stuff ............... and always fail :brick:

Ok my weakness is I always purchase a box of 6 pieces of fudge from DTD at the Candy Cauldron :slurp:

My better half always covertly manages to obtain

at least one T Shirt
fridge magnets
a car ariel thingy
jewellery of some description, usually pearls from the market place
some more fudge to stop me complaining about the above

I always buy some mickey pretzels and fudge at DTD. At least one new pin as well. A Sorcerer Mickey antenna topper, and usually something from Basin as well. Love their bath soaps!

In the parks I usually limit myself to one thing from each park. Usually it's a CD or book of some sort. Last trip I went to AK and bought the soundtrack to Finding Nemo: The Musical.

Nemo14

...another teacher here (soon to be retired!)

I always get antenna toppers and a couple of tins of Disney mints.

mikeymouse

Yearly tradition of mine ... a box of Walkers Shortbread Cookies from EPCOT UK, even though they now sell them at my local Walmart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom