TP on the Castle

peter11435

General Grizz said:
I honestly wouldn't care if they had workers taking it down. Wishes must have been a hoot, though. ;)
So they can have lifts out in the park to take this down, but not to paint Imagination.

I still dont like it. If thats considered overeacting then fine with me. I just think they could of done a better job at PR. I hope I dont overeact when they close down COP again now that Stitch is open. :cool:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
It looked like a really fun time to me. Like others have said, it is a real experience to be present for a special event like this. It is a once in a lifetime experience that I believe surpasses not being able to take a picture of a "clean" castle for one day.

The pictures at laughing place were great...regardless of the ride itself, I think the event was well done. The only thing that really bothered me were the Elvises....some of them were truly scary! :eek:

stitchfan

I dunno....I think it appears that Stitch is a pretty bright little alien to figure out so quickly what the most fun usage of TP is. :lol:

Now if Lilo would just teach him to clean up after himself, we'd be doing good. :animwink:

I have to say, that's one of the funnier things I've seen around the Magic Kingdom...

yodathefrog

I thought we wanted to Disney to be creative, imaginitive...that looks exactly like what they were trying to do here, yet we still are not happy. Sure the castle is the main point of the park, but I have to give the Imagineers, or whoever it was, credit for coming up with such a great promotional idea for the new ride. I'm sure alot of people got some great laughs out of it, and isn't that supposed to be what Disney is about? Putting smiles on kids and adults faces?

Lauriebar

yodathefrog said:
I thought we wanted to Disney to be creative, imaginitive...that looks exactly like what they were trying to do here, yet we still are not happy. Sure the castle is the main point of the park, but I have to give the Imagineers, or whoever it was, credit for coming up with such a great promotional idea for the new ride. I'm sure alot of people got some great laughs out of it, and isn't that supposed to be what Disney is about? Putting smiles on kids and adults faces?

Very well said!! I couldn't agree more!

Indy95

I don't know why people dislike what they did to the Castle. I mean, from the video at LP it looked really well done, and it was only for a day or two! At least they're not turning the Castle into a gaint birthday cake again! (And for a whole year! Ugh!)

Indy95 said:
I don't know why people dislike what they did to the Castle. I mean, from the video at LP it looked really well done, and it was only for a day or two! At least they're not turning the Castle into a gaint birthday cake again! (And for a whole year! Ugh!)
They had the birthday castle/cake thing for a year?!!!!! I'd be ________. i remember seeing it in pictures and thought it was cute but for a year? Someone comfirm this for me please.

Lauriebar

v_misses_epcot said:
They had the birthday castle/cake thing for a year?!!!!! I'd be ________. i remember seeing it in pictures and thought it was cute but for a year? Someone comfirm this for me please.
If I am not mistaken, it was decorated for 15 months, from Oct., 1996 until January, 1998!! I could be wrong but, I know for sure that the 25th anniversary celebration lasted that long so I can only assume the castle would have been a cake for that long!! Hope this helps!

yodathefrog

I believe it was for a year or so. I vacationed down there twice during that period, and I must say that it was a bit of an eyesore being up for that long. I think redecorations for events are good for the most part, but there also can be a point of overkill. IE: Leaving Christmas lights on your house all year long... :zipit: :D Hopefully I didn't offend anyone.

Pixie Duster

Amen to that :), as I said before, it was creative and guests got a kick out of it. It was only for one day so to those who like it, sorry it wasn't to your tastes, but hey it was not even up for 24 hours so :p ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom