TP on the Castle

Sledge

Account Suspended
web_stitchopening.jpg

General Grizz

That's horrible! (Hilarious, nonetheless).

Anyone know if the TP was put up/taken down during a certain time? I'd hate to go to the MK one day and see it trashed. :lol:

hthfreek

i wish that they would do sumthing like this for every ride in every park... like the opening for EE they should have the snow man thing walk around with a sign... or like spread snow around.. and at DLR for TOT they should have made the whole park glow blue and screams.. that would have been WAY awesome:sohappy:

and by the way.... STITCH IS KING!!:king:

imamouse

The castle was "rolled" overnight, Monday 15 Nov. Not sure when it's coming down (I flew home Tues night). The grand opening also included 'security officers' posting flyers and an MIB type actor looking for the escaped alien, Stitch.
At the castle stage, the regular show seemed to be starting, then at different levels on the castle, smoke would emerge, followed by Stitch (laughing). After the 3rd appearance, there was a single burst of steamers and Stitch took the stage and performed with the Elvis dancers as seen in the photos.
After the Elvis numbers, there were at least 100 children, all wearing Stitch head hats & matching blue t-shirts, that ran to the attraction to be the first riders during the Grand Opening.

WDWScottieBoy

Let's be glad it didn't rain that day. That could've caused some extra problems that wouldn't have been fun to mess with. It's hilarious seeing what happened but I'm glad it was only for the day as I don't want to see the parks that way when I go back down in two weeks. Thanks for sharing them!

peter11435

WDWScottieBoy said:
Let's be glad it didn't rain that day. That could've caused some extra problems that wouldn't have been fun to mess with. It's hilarious seeing what happened but I'm glad it was only for the day as I don't want to see the parks that way when I go back down in two weeks. Thanks for sharing them!
Well, I don't think it was real TP, look at the size of that thing, it looks far wider than real TP. My guess is it was more like some type cloth.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
twistedmickey said:
Hmmmmm....... One word: Horrible! :mad:

I think that's overreacting....it was a press event, and as such, it was perfect. It was only there a day, and as you can tell from the reaction here - it made most people smile....and that was the goal. :)

Pigtails

Fievel said:
I think that's overreacting....it was a press event, and as such, it was perfect.

I agree. I went out to the MK just to see it, and I thought it was great. I think some people take stuff WAY to seriously. It was just for fun!

General Grizz

Ha, I saw a video of Stitch taking over the Castle show on Laughing Place, and I gotta say that was VERY well done!

Stinks for the people planning a normal, magical vacation. I'm dying to hear the general reviews of the attraction. Apparently not so good as far as the younger kids are concerned. . .

Pigtails

As far as it stinking for people going for a "normal" vacation: I may have a different view now since I live here, but I think that even when I came here only occasionally (once every few years), I still would have been thrilled at seeing something special taking place. But that is just me. I'm sure that there were people mad at seeing the castle like that, but hey you can't please everyone. And as other people have said, most people on vacation to WDW spend more than one day in the MK, and that stuff was only up one day. I still think it was a great thing to do!

General Grizz

Pigtails said:
As far as it stinking for people going for a "normal" vacation: I may have a different view now since I live here, but I think that even when I came here only occasionally (once every few years), I still would have been thrilled at seeing something special taking place. But that is just me. I'm sure that there were people mad at seeing the castle like that, but hey you can't please everyone. And as other people have said, most people on vacation to WDW spend more than one day in the MK, and that stuff was only up one day. I still think it was a great thing to do!
I think I'll agree here, if it was put on and taken off within a few hours.

Testtrack321

I saw the video on LP before I passed judgetment, and from the looks of it I like it. I mean it wasn't like it was just the castle, they had fake police looking for Stitch, Cobra Bubbles, even a new costumed alien form Stitch giving interviews! Too bad the person doing Cobra Bubbles wasn't as big as he was.

peter11435

General Grizz said:
4161castle2.jpg

Looks like it was there all day/night. . .
Well, I think the only way they could remove that is with some type of crane. I know that if they had done that during the day, many of you would be complaining about that instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom