Toy Story Midway Mania at TDS

The Duck

Original Poster
A Facebook friend of mine is a CM at Tokyo Disney Sea. Last night she posted on her page that the wait time for TSMM was 500 minutes! (That's over 8 hours!)
Thinking that her English might be a bit off (She's Japanese), I sent her a message asking if she was serious about the 500 minute wait time. She replied, "Yes" and included several emoticons indicating that she was about to go crazy.
And I thought that a 2 hour wait was insane for this ride.

maryszhi

and i thought soarin' was bad... i wouldn't wait in that line for 8 hours just to ride mania ..... but we do have to remember disney seas is a popular park and can hold alot of people. i wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

wdwfan4ver

That is insanity. I wouldn't wait 8 hours for 1 attraction. The line seems to a result 2 things besides TDS being a popular park. Toy Story Midway Mania is naturally a popular ride it tells me combined with it being a low capcity ride.

What this does is proves my theory of DHS wrong. My theory was if DHS gets more family friendly rides, Toy Story Midway Mania lines would go down.

Bairstow

Absolute madness.
I have nothing against the ride, but why a relatively simple 3D shooting gallery video game has been, arguably, the most popular attraction in Disney parks history simple astounds me.

I also, for the life of me, can't understand why it costs so much to design and build these things.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
you also have to remember they have one of the highest populations in the world, which is why it is so very popular

If you're referring to Tokyo's dense population, definitely. They're used to waiting in line for lots of things. Somehow I've either been lucky the two times I've been to TDR that I didn't experience many crowds, in fact, when I visited TDS a few months ago, everything was a walk-on!

we have done Midway Mania exactly once. We made early reservations so we could be in the park when it opened. My hubby RAN right to the fast pass line. he waited 20 minutes to get a fast pass for 6 hours later.... I enjoyed the ride, but not that much. I dont wait 1 hour for this ride. Have to admire people who wait 8. Of course... when do you eat?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom