Toy Story Mania Unvieled video from Fridays Presentation

the-reason14

I agree that the midway theme is somewhat cheap or whatever. But the tech. in this one attraction just tears the theme's cheapness apart. I mean,an interactive audio animatronic, interective and changeable game play. There aint nothing cheap about all of that. This also seems like a ride that Universal would try and come up with, and while it is kinda of a mix between their men in black and spiderman, it has all of the uniqueness that embodies a great disney attraction. I can not wait for this thing.

Im a little curious about this though, esp. the potatoe head. Will they have fp if so, will you miss out on seeing this interactive potatoe head. And what if someone just wanted to stand and watch the aa interact with guest would he tell him or her to get out of the way or something like that. Last thing, just like in Crush and the Monster thing, dont they have a voice over person saying the lines or whatever, if that applies for this ride, wouldnt the person be there saying the lines over and over all day since its in the line. I had another question on top of all of that, but I forgot it, Ill repost if I remember.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The outside of the building will be designed to look like Pixar's headquarters.

Hence the movie/studio tie-in.
Don`t laugh... as posted elsewhere Pixars building isn`t exactly theme park material.. hopefully it`ll get a pixie dust makeover!

Wilt Dasney

You know, this attraction is a great idea, but what's the point of the Toy Story characters? I think it would make a great ride without any Toy Story characters at all

What's the point of any characters, ever? PotC would be a nice relaxing boat ride in the dark without all those singing pirates.

Maybe I don't get the question...

donaldfan

it may be way too early for this information yet, but does anybody have any idea how the ride will be themed to fit into the Disney-MGM Studios? I mean, the ride sounds perfect for Paradise Pier at DCA with the midway theme and everything, but what will they do to theme it to hollywood and or a movie studio? Granted the studio's theme isn't anywhere near as well-defined as it was back in '89, but even so. It seems like it was designed for California and now Florida is getting it as is just because it's so advanced and cutting edge without any specialized theming for the studios. Still, it was just announced, so hopefully somehow they will tweak it to fit in Disney World. Right now I just can't see how they'll do it

Same question -- what does a carnival midway have to do with the Studios?

Toontown Fair would have been perfect for this attraction with the fab five as our hosts!

(I'm sure the ride will be great, and am looking forward to riding, but just don't see how this fits into the Studios theme/story?)

raven

There's just no pleasing some people. :brick:

No kidding. Most people are just excited to see Imagineers adding more attractions period. I guess no matter what Disney does some people will never be satisfied though...even if it IS the next generation of a dark ride that no one besides Disney has put into reality yet. :(

imagineer boy

What's the point of any characters, ever? PotC would be a nice relaxing boat ride in the dark without all those singing pirates.

Maybe I don't get the question...

Well, the ride could perhaps have original characters instead of Toy Story characters. That's what I meant. Something like a whimsical mad scientist wanting to create the ultimate midway ride. Don't get me wrong, the ride looks great but I just don't see the point of the toy story characters. It seems like they just shoe-horned them in to have marketable characters along iwth the ride.

goofyfan13

No kidding. Most people are just excited to see Imagineers adding more attractions period. I guess no matter what Disney does some people will never be satisfied though...even if it IS the next generation of a dark ride that no one besides Disney has put into reality yet. :(

Exactly, I'm sure that they'll find a way to tie it into the studios somehow. Me personally, I'm just happy that MGM is getting a new innovative attraction, hopefully the first of many more to come.

raven

Exactly, I'm sure that they'll find a way to tie it into the studios somehow. Me personally, I'm just happy that MGM is getting a new innovative attraction, hopefully the first of many more to come.

Me too! I'm just happy that there will be an extra attraction at MGM that the entire family can enjoy.

Harry456

i believe the use of the use of Toy Stories character b/c of the Pizza Planet place (i think) was a huge aracde (sry spelling) and hopefully that the connection (but i think their not using pizza planet place). Well they're toys and usually toys are usually made into games. (eg, legos, barbie) toys and video games go together.

but i don't understand the connect to MGM studios? why there? toys movie? movie toys? just because toy story was a movie it belongs in MGM? (other question isn't that Toy Story eating place in MGM?)

duckburg85

As much as love the idea of a brand new ride coming to MGM, I can't help feel that it's such a lame concept. The imagineers have created such amazing rides, they have a lot to live up to with each new ride. I feel that creating new ride systems and making the guest part of the ride is amazing, the concept for the story is so pathetic. I guess I have my hopes to high, but they created a rich story and ride with ToT.

I'm sorry if I'm being a kill joy, but as huge fan of Disney and a artist i feel that the way they handle the constant flow of cheap movie sequels is becoming more and more present in the parks.

WDW has been placing rides in such awkward locations that the whole theme thing that they were so good at is now fading away. It's like at Six Flags where you get off an old west themed water ride and you in front of the carousel.

doop

It seems interesting but I'm a little skeptical of it. I guess I'm just gonna have to wait to experience until I can judge it. Let's just not hope it's as impossible to do as the ring toss at most carnivals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom