Toy Story Mania Opening Info.

mprice

Original Poster
Hi, going to WDW in May, the 13th through the 20th to be exact... does anyone know wether or not the "Summer 2008" opening time might include that time period? Just hoping to be able to ride the new attraction when I go. Thanks.

nibblesandbits

I believe the ride is slated to open in June officially. (At least from what I can tell from what I read from the Chief Magic Official's rules) Now, you might get to ride on a preview, but the ride will most likely not be open officially when you are there.

Captain Hank

Not a lot is known about the opening schedule for Toy Story Mania. It's entirely possible that the ride might be open, or in testing mode. It's also equally likely that it won't. More will be known as we get closer to Summer.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
A press release for the may-august period states it will open sometime between may-august, formal dates announced at a later date, so i highly suspect it'll be atleast operational by that point.

Rob562

I was about to point out that the Studios are closing early randomly on Tuesday May 6th and thought that it might be some sort of grand opening/press event for TSM. But then I saw they're closing early on the 4th and remembered reading that Grad Nights are being moved to the Studios this year.

Scanning ahead, there's no other anomalies with the Studios schedule that could indicate an event.

(Who knows... The grads might be the first to ride it... That's what they did with the Rockin' Space Mountain in Disneyland...)

-Rob

imamouse

TSM is a ride-through video game. It will be similar to the Buzz Lightyear ride at the MK, but will be in 3-D.

StageFrenzy

i thought Grad night had one more year at The Kingdom

I was about to point out that the Studios are closing early randomly on Tuesday May 6th and thought that it might be some sort of grand opening/press event for TSM. But then I saw they're closing early on the 4th and remembered reading that Grad Nights are being moved to the Studios this year.

Scanning ahead, there's no other anomalies with the Studios schedule that could indicate an event.

(Who knows... The grads might be the first to ride it... That's what they did with the Rockin' Space Mountain in Disneyland...)

-Rob

Sil

im in orlando from the 16th to 30th of may, keeping my fingers crossed that i may get a chance to give it a go

t3techcom18

There's no sure fire way and when TSM will be open. I can say that at the most, TSM might get previews during at least April or May. The area's far from finished yet, as well as the CM traning needs to be, work operation, WDI's finishing touches, etc.

There is good news on the horizon though: Letters went out to CM's this past weekend for those interesting in being part of the Opening Crew, for the end of the month. Soo, after that, time will tell. I have a funny feeling that the inside is 3/4 finished while the outside is not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom