Toy Story Land opening day reports (June 30 2018)

ZachPL

This is a bit late, had a busy day and a half.

We got to the park around 6:50 on saturday, I walked in and saw a line stretching down pixar place and thought it was the line for toy story mania (stupidly) so I started walking towards toy story land when I realized that it was a rerouted line for slinky. I immediately turned around and saw the line was building on the handicap ramp on the right of the chinese theater, at least 300 people probably got in line during that 2 minute mistake of me walking by.

We were in line at 7:05, it was actually somewhat entertaining watching the line move, we didn't stand still very long so it kept things interesting, when merging to the large line on the path outside of pixar place on the path to toy story land the guy behind us cut through towards the front of the line, for some reason this area was large and people pushed forward as fast at they could. We eventually made it to the actual queue and were told it was a 1:30 minute wait from there. We finally made it on the ride at 9:35, exactly a two and a half hour wait. The ride was fun and it seemed liked everyone in our vehicle was enjoying it and thought it was worth the wait.

As soon as the ride was done we went to the toy story mania line the wait time posted was 70 minutes, we had a 11:40 fastpass for A.S.S so we were not too concerned. I saw there was a wait to get into actual toy story land so I was trying to stay in the line until the fastpass. We only seemed to wait about 35 minutes, in that time I saw mister potato head completely break down were he kept repeating the phrase "give me another d" (a slightly awkward phrase to get stuck on), the others in the line were getting less enthusiastic about saying D after the 8th time through. He made it through originally and said that 3 times and said something along the lines of "what does that spell? 3d toy story mania is in 3d make sure to get your glasses" but then broke shortly after. Took another 10 minutes for them to get a tech over as the door to mr potato head was locked and the cast member couldn't get in. Got on the ride.

Had about another hour wait till A.S.S fastpass, knew we couldn't leave, so I thought it was be a good time to get a snack at woody's lunchbox. Saw a wait line that was basically to the bathroom. Knew there was mobile ordering ordered my food and it was ready in like 5 minutes, we just got a totchos and a kids grill cheese, both were pretty good for what they were.

It was time for our fastpass, got in the line for A.S.S and the fastpast took less than 10 minutes. The ride was fun, but we were a group of three and I rode solo, my ship seemed to bump up and down a lot more than the others I was with so that was weird, but the music was fun.

I didn't take a ton of pictures my battery was running low, I might be able to get some from the others in my group, I did get this right as I was boarding A.S.S

YNnefGU.jpg

Overall it wen't a lot better than I was expecting, got done everything in toy story land by 12 and was looking forward to the rest of my day in hollywood studios.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Ah, then my bad for saying there were only three trains on tracks. There are apparently four.

But, that doesn't change OHRC. There could be a hundred trains in the station going through reloading procedures. They can still get only two in motion outside the station because there's only two blocks.

Based on the pacing of 50-55 seconds between trains they were launching today, ride capacity seems to be in the 1,200-1,300 per hour range- which is pretty much what was expected.

drp4video

Not even close. It's a whip style ride with the exact same ride system as Mater's Junkyard Jamboree at Disney California Adventure. There are a number of YouTube videos out there both on-ride and alongside that can give you a pretty good picture of what it's like.
Thank you. It was hard to tell from some of the prior pics.

Joebradley62

I have to agree with this. I'll never understand the "First Fetish", as I call it. I gotta be first!! I gotta be there opening day!!!!

Is the ride or land going to be any different in 5 days, 5 weeks, 5 months? Is there some sort of extra ride or attraction which will only be showcased to those who were drooling at the gates before opening on Day 1? I simply don't get it.

But despite my feelings, I do wish those of you who are there today and are braving the crowds a really good time. Just because it isn't my cup 'o tea doesn't mean others shouldn't enjoy First Day fever.
Some people have to say I rode it before you did etc. Probably have low self esteem issues! 😀

Joebradley62

You obviously do not have any platforms on social media: facebook, youtube, twitter, instagram. Sometimes being first is everything. We live just half a hour from the parks and will get to come back here often in the future. but being here today is something you have to fight for to obtain viewers or a following in a competitive socail media market. besides it gives you bragging rights to your jealous friends and family. :cool::cool::p So maybe it is a fetish like you say, but to me and my family here right now sandwiched in among the hordes, it is very worth it to have the pride of being here at the beginning. It is worth it to us to be here first.
Pride? This is an accomplishment?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It appears that the time was overinflated and probably was never that long of a wait.

Galaxy’s Edge however, most likely will be a 5 hour wait, with inflated times up to 8 hours (at least, that’s my guess)

It could be that long just to be able to set foot inside SW:GE.

Methinks there are going to be a lot of angry people in the first few months SW:GE is open, due to the length of time people are going to be waiting in one line or another. The only thing that could be worse may be if it opened in May/June, and the throngs of people had to endure waiting in line just to enter SW:GE in the peak Orlando summer heat (and the afternoon thunderstorms).

Current wait times in MDE: 90 min for SDD, 50 min for A.S.S., 85 min for TSM.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It could be that long just to be able to set foot inside SW:GE.

Methinks there are going to be a lot of angry people in the first few months SW:GE is open, due to the length of time people are going to be waiting in one line or another. The only thing that could be worse may be if it opened in May/June, and the throngs of people had to endure waiting in line just to enter SW:GE in the peak Orlando summer heat (and the afternoon thunderstorms).

Current wait times in MDE: 90 min for SDD, 50 min for A.S.S., 85 min for TSM.
Since we started visiting sans children, we always go for the 11 days just after Labour Day.

Hubby asked me if I want to change our dates next year to coincide with SW:GE.

Ummmm ... NO!
I will be delighted if the Runaway Train Ride is open during our 2019 trip, and quite content to wait until Fall 2020 to experience the Star Wars stuff. Hopefully by then, we will have dropped down to FoP/Pandora-like wait times.

Bob Harlem

Since we started visiting sans children, we always go for the 11 days just after Labour Day.

Hubby asked me if I want to change our dates next year to coincide with SW:GE.

Ummmm ... NO!
I will be delighted if the Runaway Train Ride is open during our 2019 trip, and quite content to wait until Fall 2020 to experience the Star Wars stuff. Hopefully by then, we will have dropped down to FoP/Pandora-like wait times.

You probably won't be able to get into the park without a few hour wait, much less Galaxy's edge the first few weeks. The question will be how close does the end of line get to the Boardwalk Resort.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom