Toy Story Land opening day reports (June 30 2018)

BringMeTheHoriz

For those who are there:

1. Could you please time how many Slinkies pass you for an Operation Hourly Rate Capacity? E.g., pick a point on the track, and as a train passes by, start a 10 minute countdown and count how many Slinkies pass you.

2. The Slinky video for loading is insistent that every seat be filled. Without a single rider line, how's that going?

Based on my experience at the soft open, when we got to a certain point in the line before the loading station, a Cast Member broke the line in two: to the left went all the people from a party with an EVEN number of guests, to the right went all the people in parties with an ODD number of guests. I was by myself but sat with one person who was from a party of three. The location of this Cast Member is also where the Fastpass line merges.

celluloid

What is frustrating is DIsney really put up a sandpit over people there who have no interest in the new additions still have one less major attraction to enjoy with Toy Story Mania's Entrance only being available from the new area. For those visiting for a couple of days with one at DHS, created a much lower value for their ticket.

Soluna16

The actual waits were MEGA inflated today. SDD was at 180 minutes when I got into line and ended up being about 85 minutes. Aliens was listed at 85 minutes at initial time to wait and ended up being about 40 minutes. The lines to get into TSL disappeared around 5:30 to 6 PM and it was relatively free flow at that time.

ej2557

We were there today (opening day) and it wasn't horrible. However, we didn't get to Hollywood Studios until around 4:30 in the afternoon, after the storms passed which probably helped a lot.

We had FPs for around 5:30, a couple of us had Slinky and a couple had Aliens. Around 5:30, we walked back to Toy Story Land and went right in without needing to have our FP checked or anything. It seemed about as crowded as Fantasyland on a typical afternoon.

I was shocked by how short the Slinky FP line was. We walked right up to the first touch point and then to within about ten people from the merge point and were on the ride 3 or 4 trains later. The Alien FP line was similarly short.

During supper, a pair of TSMM FP for 9:10 popped up. Around 8:15, I took my daughter to see if we could get on Alien before our TSMM FP.

The stand-by line was posted at 140 min but it looked much shorter than it was earlier in the day when it was posted around 80 min. So, we got in line.

The line didn't move at all for 45 or more min- we were basically just hanging out until our TSMM FP were active at that point. One side of the ride was down so they were just letting FP ride and the FP line was backed up. When we were about to give up, they got the second side working. We moved through the rest of the line pretty quickly, but there didn't seem to be that many FP returners at that point.

Sped2424

Have a Slinky FP for 6 p.m. Monday July 9. Will we be able to get into the park? Into TS land? Resort and AP holders, any checking of those like at Christmas at MK?
yeah it shouldn't be as terrible as today. That being said it will be slammed but I don't think there will be a wait to get INTO the land at that point!

aw14

I wonder if there is a wait to get into TSL? Makes me happy that when we go to TSL its the beginning of august, and I already have a SDD FP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom