Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

kthomas105

For what it's worth, the umbrellas leading up to Slinky Dog Dash are "permanently" installed into the concrete rather than using temporary bases.
Similar to the removable stansions for extended queues? Those are permanent with regard to the location they must go but can be removed and holes sealed to provide an open walk way.

thepirateking

It's really striking to see how much land the Slinky coaster takes up.

This image also illustrates how small the guests walkway exploration space is in contrast. It feels like more of a sideshow than a land. Something you walk past, instead of something you walk into. Imagine if there was a centerpiece attraction that you could walk around. Jesse's Critter Carousel would be perfect. It would disperse crowds and let people INTO the land. I think this was a missed opportunity.

I would have also preferred a dark ride or two in all that space, but maybe we'll get that in 15-25 years when they tear all this down.

whiterhino42

Just got back on Monday. I thought the lack of shade talk was grumpy talk until I experienced it. It was 90 the day we were there. The land was mobbed and it was unbearably hot. Honestly that whole park needs shade. We waited 35 minutes for swirling saucers. I will never wait more than 5 again. It lasted 2 minutes tops and was not even fun.....and this is coming from someone who LOVES the teacups. Hubby and godson (10) went on Slinky dog and said it was fun enough. We all still love Midway mania but we had to wait 40 min (fp was for sdd)...I had hoped with the 3 tracks now the wait would be shorter.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Is TSM stale?

The franchise sure is!

I think TSM would be more fun if they tailored it to the holidays with new game offerings during Christmas or Halloween. Or if the characters referenced and interacted with players in the ride though the "magic" of those magicbands. The ride could use some new games. But, I guess it fits well with the rest of TSL: Acceptable and fun but hardly must-see/must do experiences.

discos

The franchise sure is!

I think TSM would be more fun if they tailored it to the holidays with new game offerings during Christmas or Halloween. Or if the characters referenced and interacted with players in the ride though the "magic" of those magicbands. The ride could use some new games. But, I guess it fits well with the rest of TSL: Acceptable and fun but hardly must-see/must do experiences.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading that when TSM was developed they did create holiday overlays for the games. It would definitely be beneficial since they had that slight holiday overlay during Christmas on TSL

whiterhino42

I mean 40 minutes for a major attraction in a park with only six rides, is not a super long wait...
It is when there is not much else to do. We had fast passes for Slinky dog, tower of terror and star tours. They never got on Rock and roller coaster because wait was over an hour all day. My godson is 10 and not patient so that wasn't happening. We waited 35 minutes for swirling saucers and 40 for toy story mania (and that was the ONLY time it was under 55 min all day. We also did Indiana Jones show, muppet mania and the cars show...and waited in line for BB8 and Kylo Ren. We ended up doing star tours 3 times because it was so hot and that was the only thing that got down to a descent wait time. The park needs a lot still. Shade, updated shows, more rides and a better layout without all the dead ends. Star Wars is going to make the crowds insane when they are already close to intolerable. They really should have put in a couple more things before star wars opened.

matt9112

I know there's currently no phase 2 planned, but I'm hoping they do something in the future along the lines of little touches - a playground/splash pad, add Al's Toy Barn, and maybe one more B/C ride...

I won't waste a Tier 1 FP on it - once it drops to tier 2, it's likely that I'd consider using one of those for this.

how often do they do little touches? outside of occasionally on rides themselves. sadly i think this is all it will ever be....a value engineered land and rows of umbrellas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom