Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Musicman20

As a Brit we have pretty poorly themed parks over here in the UK. Alton Towers is the best we can do, and it isn't great IMO.

I don't even bother with UK parks now, as they will never be on the level I'm used to with Disney and Universal.

Why am I saying this? Well, to me TSM looks a LOT better than I expected. I wish we had something close in the UK...but it isn't going to happen.

There was a level of concern that TSL might be a low-themed area, and no, it isn't Potter level, and SWL is going to really show what Disney is capable of, BUT, I think this area looks fantastic.

Why? The talking figures, the level of detail, the packaging, the eating area, the note from Andy's mum on the table, SDD itself (which looks SO fun) and the cool lighting etc on A.S.S.

Plus, TSM is one of my favourite rides, and it's now got a better queue.

At night, TSL looks absolutely awesome. I am really excited to visit this year and see Pandora and TSL.

I had low expectations due to the Toy Story lands elsewhere, which look fun but NOTHING like this version. My expectation have been blown out of the water if I'm honest.

Last edited:

Walter Yensid

I'm sure it has been addressed before and I forgot, but how is SWL going to be hid from TSL?

Don't believe it is possible even as the trees grow. Those peaks are TALL. I think we all on the boards get worked up on 'hiding' lands much more than a guest thinks of it, but I do not believe it is always required nor practical. I mean, the original WDW park does not even do it where we can stand in Liberty Square and see a Frontierland mountain. I think it actually adds a lot of interest and draw. With TSL, I am interested to see how SWL looks though. Just imagine the peaks, a spaceship in the distance (thinking of the one that will be sitting on top of a few of the buildings)...might seem like an extension of Andy's toys in the yard. haha

EricsBiscuit

Same here! We had a blast tonight. We loved the little details like the popsicle stick and domino benches, the giant pencils and straws, the cooties...all awesome. It was all very well done and just a happy place to spend a couple hours. We arrived at 7 and were able to do all three rides, have dinner, watch the fireworks (terrible view cause we got there too late but oh well), and ride ToT. Btw, what happened to all the big fireworks? No more big shells even in the finale? When did they drop them from the show? We haven’t been to DHS for a few months so this is probably really old news but that was the only disappointing part of our evening.
THey traded the big fireworks for more in park pyro. A good deal you ask me.

bclane

THey traded the big fireworks for more in park pyro. A good deal you ask me.
That is true, there does seem to be a lot more of the smaller close up fireworks going on now and it was also cool that they’ve incorporated Solo and TLJ scenes into the show. The music is perfect, the projection stuff is fun, and I love the lasers and fire canons...but I think I actually prefer the old Symphony in the Stars show that was just music and LOTS of pyro that they ran before the current projection show that we have now (even before they took out the big shells). It’s not that I don’t like the projections or the new show as a whole. I do like it. It’s just that I miss the crazy amount of fireworks they used to send up. At least we have HEA now.

Anyway, about TSL, I wanted to mention that I saw a great many people wearing slinky dog ears on their head last night. They have a definite winner there and must be making a killing on those things.

EricsBiscuit

That is true, there does seem to be a lot more of the smaller close up fireworks going on now and it was also cool that they’ve incorporated Solo and TLJ scenes into the show. The music is perfect, the projection stuff is fun, and I love the lasers and fire canons...but I think I actually prefer the old Symphony in the Stars show that was just music and LOTS of pyro that they ran before the current projection show that we have now (even before they took out the big shells). It’s not that I don’t like the projections or the new show as a whole. I do like it. It’s just that I miss the crazy amount of fireworks they used to send up. At least we have HEA now.

Anyway, about TSL, I wanted to mention that I saw a great many people wearing slinky dog ears on their head last night. They have a definite winner there and must be making a killing on those things.
Omg there were a million with the Slinky dog hat thing! It's crazy

JohnD

Don't believe it is possible even as the trees grow. Those peaks are TALL. I think we all on the boards get worked up on 'hiding' lands much more than a guest thinks of it, but I do not believe it is always required nor practical. I mean, the original WDW park does not even do it where we can stand in Liberty Square and see a Frontierland mountain. I think it actually adds a lot of interest and draw. With TSL, I am interested to see how SWL looks though. Just imagine the peaks, a spaceship in the distance (thinking of the one that will be sitting on top of a few of the buildings)...might seem like an extension of Andy's toys in the yard. haha

Yeah. Seeing GE from TSL could be Andy’s or a neighbors SW toys. The concern is actually the other way around. You’re supposed to be in a SW outpost. Seeing photos there are berms around GE. Maybe to block views outside the area?

EricsBiscuit

Yeah. Seeing GE from TSL could be Andy’s or a neighbors SW toys. The concern is actually the other way around. You’re supposed to be in a SW outpost. Seeing photos there are berms around GE. Maybe to block views outside the area?
Yes, in addition to building an off scale roller coaster, Andy has taken a trip to ACE and Home Depot to get the chicken wire and concrete and stuff to sculpt rocks! Yeah!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom