Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

JohnD

Went on the Saucers today and I wasn’t impressed. It was fun but it was extremely bumpy and rough something I wasn’t expecting. Thought it would be a lot smoother and not something that’ll give you a headache.

I don't think you're the audience they have in mind. If I were to ride tea cups, I wouldn't be impressed. It spins too much. Kids, OTOH, "Whee!"

Donaldfan1934

Went on the Saucers today and I wasn’t impressed. It was fun but it was extremely bumpy and rough something I wasn’t expecting. Thought it would be a lot smoother and not something that’ll give you a headache.
Have you ever been on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree at DCA? If so, how would you compare the two? If not, then don't go on MJJ if you ever make it out to DLR.

smile

why does everyone keep calling tsl and slinky 'kiddie'?
tsl is not a 'kiddie' land and slinky is not a 'kiddie' coaster.

that may be what they come off looking as, and that's part of the problem

flynnibus

Premium Member
why does everyone keep calling tsl and slinky 'kiddie'?
tsl is not a 'kiddie' land and slinky is not a 'kiddie' coaster.

Because they are... they are rides designed to accommodate young children as their lead purpose... as is the land. Just because adults can also experience doesn't change that the design criteria from the start has been to be child friendly. Slinky is the amped up version of the Catapiller Coaster that many children cut their teeth on... Designed to accommodate small riders and offer thrills appropriate to the demographic.

smile

Because they are... they are rides designed to accommodate young children as their lead purpose... as is the land. Just because adults can also experience doesn't change that the design criteria from the start has been to be child friendly. Slinky is the amped up version of the Catapiller Coaster that many children cut their teeth on... Designed to accommodate small riders and offer thrills appropriate to the demographic.

slinky's 7dmt, not barnstormer

maxairmike

slinky's 7dmt, not barnstormer

Barnstormer is more intense than Slinky, somehow. Any Vekoma Rollerskater is more exciting. Slinky is a fun, if a little slow, roll through some fun looking items, but more than a kiddie coaster it is not. Heck, it can barely clear the hill after the 2nd launch on a blistering June afternoon, so I expect it to be rolling back from Dec-Feb.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yes. There was no upcharge to see Pandora previewed, nor RoL, nor TSL. WDW does however do a lot of special access tours and hard ticket events, but not for previews.

DL/DCA did one night upcharge for Mission Breakout and one night for Pixar Pier.

So..... charging for previews really isn't a thing that Disney does, and even then, only in Anaheim, and even then, only one night.

So far.

So Far-giggle.

I had heard rumors about Galaxy being an up charge for the first few months given its surge of guests anticipated in Disneyland. Admittedly I haven’t followed DL closely. Is there anything to those rumors? Couldn’t figure if it be during regular park hours or an after park hard ticket. Curious. Heard anything?

smile

Barnstormer is more intense than Slinky, somehow. Any Vekoma Rollerskater is more exciting. Slinky is a fun, if a little slow, roll through some fun looking items, but more than a kiddie coaster it is not. Heck, it can barely clear the hill after the 2nd launch on a blistering June afternoon, so I expect it to be rolling back from Dec-Feb.

when viewed objectively, ssd and gb are not in the same class. in many ways.
your personal mileage may vary, but it's best to compare like to like... obviously, needing to go lower speaks even louder

and yeah, while prob being the most adorable coaster train i've ever seen, there's a reason they aren't generally covered in funky doo-dads
...always a cost - exacerbated sans launches, tho, so there's that

Lensman

Looks like sameold. Disney needs to give us 4k/60fps video, with in-car cameras! In our 20+ trips, we've never found a Photopass photo good enough to buy.
Why stop there? It would really take a lot for me to buy a photo, but I'd spend a lot of money for something that did 3D modeling of the family in the ride vehicle and then maybe even put it in the context of the scenery. At first it would only exist in virtual but as the technology became less pricy I could see buying a little 3D printed model of my family in the ride vehicle. Or maybe we wouldn't even need that once they perfect 3D volumetric displays.

Bairstow

Looks like sameold. Disney needs to give us 4k/60fps video, with in-car cameras! In our 20+ trips, we've never found a Photopass photo good enough to buy.

Oh for the days when Disney would let me (quickly) strap a backwards-facing GoPro to the handlebars of Big Thunder, Kali River Rapids, or California Screamin'.

I would imagine it's only 2-3 years before we have button-sized 4k/60fps camera units that we can apply to things like stickers and remove before anyone notices. I've already got a 1080p camera watch that I paid all of $10 for on eBay. Sadly its utility for coaster videos is somewhat lacking.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom