Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

No Name

McDonalds sells the most burgers does that make it the best?

What an utterly stupid comparison. Unlike fast food, Midway Mania is in no way cheaper, faster, and closer than the other options. Put up equally against every other ride in the park, like it or not, Midway Mania is the absolutely rated the best.

matt9112

What an utterly stupid comparison. Unlike fast food, Midway Mania is in no way cheaper, faster, and closer than the other options. Put up equally against every other ride in the park, like it or not, Midway Mania is the absolutely rated the best.

that statement is garbage TOT is 10x the ride midway mania is in themeing and experience. midway mania is the cheap cheeseburger of the park....anyone can ride it its attached to some beloved IP and oh yeah theres nothing else for your 2 year old to do.

Princess Leia

yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I checked out some of the aerials and changed the brightness/contrast. You can see two footprints... but very faint. Maybe we can't see them because of the dust? I only found two in this picture...

View attachment 289593

original picture from bioreconstruct:

View attachment 289592
ok. Did some more searching and found other prints in the land... so they are still there!

View attachment 289594
ooooh I like this a lot! Nice little touch.

No Name

that statement is garbage TOT is 10x the ride midway mania is in themeing and experience. midway mania is the cheap cheeseburger of the park....anyone can ride it its attached to some beloved IP and oh yeah theres nothing else for your 2 year old to do.

Well clearly your tastes differ from the average guest's. That's fine but you can't deny popular opinion and pretend that the majority agrees with you. Toy Story Midway Mania is the highest-rated ride in the park, second-highest at the resort, fact. There's no argument.

Castle Cake Apologist

Well clearly your tastes differ from the average guest's. That's fine but you can't deny popular opinion and pretend that the majority agrees with you. Toy Story Midway Mania is the highest-rated ride in the park, second-highest at the resort, fact. There's no argument.

Popularity doesn't mean something is good, especially when it's the only option in the park for a large segment of visitors. The Emoji Movie did really well at the box office, but I'd challenge you to find 5 people who actually thought it was a good movie.

TSMM is fun, but I'd hardly call it the pinacle of modern Imagineering. You can't possibly sit there and tell me that TSMM is a better designed attraction than ToT.

djkidkaz

Popularity doesn't mean something is good, especially when it's the only option in the park for a large segment of visitors. The Emoji Movie did really well at the box office, but I'd challenge you to find 5 people who actually thought it was a good movie.

TSMM is fun, but I'd hardly call it the pinacle of modern Imagineering. You can't possibly sit there and tell me that TSMM is a better designed attraction than ToT.

Disney will never get accurate ratings to their attractions due to the curve that a family attraction gets. Why is Toy Story rated higher by guests over ToT? Well because grandma and grandpa will rate it because they actually ride it. Grandma and grandpa are probably not riding a thrill drop ride. By default any ride that the whole family can do is going to have an edge over something that they can’t.

TP2000

Realistically this land needs to be done two weeks from today, to accomodate media parties and invited guest previews for two or three days before the official grand opening on June 30th. They seem to be cutting this very, very, very close. Any of our insiders here heard anything about if they will make it in time?

Recent photos taken within the last few days don't inspire a lot of confidence in being ready to open in two weeks. :confused:

DfVvxuHVAAEUKvQ.jpg:large

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Realistically this land needs to be done two weeks from today, to accomodate media parties and invited guest previews for two or three days before the official grand opening on June 30th. They seem to be cutting this very, very, very close. Any of our insiders here heard anything about if they will make it in time?

Recent photos taken within the last few days don't inspire a lot of confidence in being ready to open in two weeks. :confused:

Ehh. It’s amazing what can be accomplished when you’re under the gun.

biggy H

That photo doesnt acrually show whats left to do but does show a lot equipment that is being used. Remove all the equipment and the land would probably look completed.. Suprising how a little clean up make things look completely different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom