Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

rocketraccoon

The entrance as of Sunday. DVC booth has wiring installed on the inside.
o7RmVBi.jpg

Lighting has been installed as well.
Q5DUgzW.jpg

Obviously no one has been inside yet, but from the aerials I would say that in my opinion this is the best iteration of Toy Story Land so far.
I'm not sure how it couldn't be, honestly.

lazyboy97o

I wonder if they may treat Pixar Place kinda similar to Mainstreet East Bypass area.

Put in the backstage gate at the rear of Pixar Place and put another gate at the front also. Then they could use it mostly for backstage processes but also open up for special guest events, or something along those lines. Especially since it is already themed for guests currently.
I think it would be more likely for Stage Lane to be the bypass. There is nothing that would direct guests through Pixar Place but the gate would stop guests from entering Pixar Place.

Animaniac93-98

They did - but it felt under-planted before that too. I don’t know if that was in anticipation of the potential growth over the years, but for an area marketed as a Forest it’s always felt somewhat de-forested.

The w-i-d-e walkways through the area don't help either.

The queues for the Mine Train and Belle feel more forest-like because they are not like that.

mm52200

I think the irony of the landscaping being SO DENSE for Toy Story Land already is that it’s mainly being used as a way to cover existing buildings, show buildings, make up for actual lack of theming. If a hurricane came thru and knocked out a lot of the landscaping it would reveal how minimal most of the theming is for the land.

DHSCM

What the photopass opportunities will look like in the new land

Attachments

• 35053470_10156336367024089_7719930571819843584_n.png
    35053470_10156336367024089_7719930571819843584_n.png
    717.9 KB · Views: 317
  • 35162212_10156336367004089_4054830859822301184_n.png
    35162212_10156336367004089_4054830859822301184_n.png
    813.5 KB · Views: 310

SpectroMan93

I think the irony of the landscaping being SO DENSE for Toy Story Land already is that it’s mainly being used as a way to cover existing buildings, show buildings, make up for actual lack of theming. If a hurricane came thru and knocked out a lot of the landscaping it would reveal how minimal most of the theming is for the land.
This is such a stretch. There are oversized fences, footprints, soup cans, toys, etc to evoke the theme here. It may look cheap and a little cartoony, but to say that there’s minimal theming is laughable. One look at any of the recent aerials debunks this. Trees being used to hide show buildings and bad sight lines isn’t new.

matt9112

Considering Midway Mania was the highest-rated attraction for many years and is still one of the highest, I'm not sure how one can call it less than an E-ticket. Apparently there's some special criterion among elitists that transcends any business sense or popular opinion.

The park will take a huge hit without it for a week.

McDonalds sells the most burgers does that make it the best?

matt9112

I don’t think that’s how contracts work. Rides are built on the pace that the contract specifies.

The construction company will use those workers on their next project, which could be anywhere. Maybe they’ll work on the Jurassic Park coaster!

If there’s no project, they get laid off.

wait what coaster!!!!

matt9112

Hadn't noticed that till today when I saw Pete go off on his rant on the Dis Unplugged podcast today. I love a good beer, but as the studios have alcohol in plenty of other places, I can't get behind the idea of them having to shoehorn it into a place themed as a child's lunchbox, that's just ludicrous.

disney wants dollar bills....you think they care?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom