Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ZmBe13

I think people are using the fact they are putting a gate here as an indication the pixar place area may still be a guest area after toy story land opens. OR the only reason they a building a nicer gate is for having a second exit from the toy story land that could go up that road and connect back into the old pixar place area since the back end of toy story land is a going to be a dead end until star wars opens.

drod1985

OR the only reason they a building a nicer gate is for having a second exit from the toy story land that could go up that road and connect back into the old pixar place area since the back end of toy story land is a going to be a dead end until star wars opens.

I think you nailed it.

Once GE opens I'd imagine they'll still want a second exit from TSL that doesn't dump you into GE. Maybe that means Pixar place will stay alive for Meet 'n Greets and such?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Why? I simply stated why I thought it was there, and then someone said, but, it is to another backstage and I stated that it was also an access road connection and therefore might be the reason.

You guys are far more knowledgeable about the inner workings of Disney, but, this one has you thrown. Perhaps the answer is as simple as the problem. But, you are right, I shouldn't be allowed to express my beliefs especially since you self appointed experts already have the answers. Oh, wait, you don't do you?

Oh well. I didn't become confrontational, I didn't challenge anyone else's opinions, I just threw in another thought about it. But, I will take your advice and no longer do anything like that on this topic. Perhaps they will hang a sign that simply says.... "Gateway to No Reason!" And another one of my opinions on the subject is that it must be a slow news day.

You expend an amazing amount of energy on things you don't care about.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think people are using the fact they are putting a gate here as an indication the pixar place area may still be a guest area after toy story land opens. OR the only reason they a building a nicer gate is for having a second exit from the toy story land that could go up that road and connect back into the old pixar place area since the back end of toy story land is a going to be a dead end until star wars opens.

Didn't you get the memo, Goofyernmost has told us we should care about this. ;)

briangaw

I’m curious what the plan is for the current Pixar walkway on June 30th and for the future. Will they eventually build a wall of some sort to hide that it’s even there?

This one is interesting. If Pixar Place is becoming a backstage area as rumored, why are they building a gate there>

View attachment 289200

Looks like we got an answer to the most recent bioreconstruct aerials as a similar gate as is going at the end of Pixar Place is also going in at the end of TSL. Of course the one at the end of TSL makes sense as it can be kept closed until the opening of SWGE and then will also be in place to be closed in the event that there needs to be emergency access using the service road once both TSL and SWGE are open. Still begs the question why they would need a similar gate at the end of Pixar Place. Perhaps in the interim between the opening of TSL and then the opening of SWGE, this could be an emergency crowd control option that if they need to route guests out of TSL and around the exit from Midway Mania to Pixar Place. However, looking how the backside of that looks in the photo above, I doubt this would be an open all the time route. Pixar Place may not be closing as soon as everyone thought though which for DHS may be a good thing given its current capacity issues.

1528744659475.png

Castle Cake Apologist

I'm just guessing here, but, of all the things in the world that there are to worry about, I can't really be all that concerned about a gate in or out of that area. Really, it is a very definite "who cares" moment for me.

I really wish that I had $1 for every one of your posts that has some variation of this. Why involve yourself in the discussion if it is of so little interest to you? Oh, well... At least you didn't melt down into victim mode this ti-

Why? I simply stated why I thought it was there, and then someone said, but, it is to another backstage and I stated that it was also an access road connection and therefore might be the reason.

You guys are far more knowledgeable about the inner workings of Disney, but, this one has you thrown. Perhaps the answer is as simple as the problem. But, you are right, I shouldn't be allowed to express my beliefs especially since you self appointed experts already have the answers. Oh, wait, you don't do you?

Oh well. I didn't become confrontational, I didn't challenge anyone else's opinions, I just threw in another thought about it. But, I will take your advice and no longer do anything like that on this topic. Perhaps they will hang a sign that simply says.... "Gateway to No Reason!" And another one of my opinions on the subject is that it must be a slow news day.

Oh. So much for that.

Castle Cake Apologist

I wonder if they may treat Pixar Place kinda similar to Mainstreet East Bypass area.

Put in the backstage gate at the rear of Pixar Place and put another gate at the front also. Then they could use it mostly for backstage processes but also open up for special guest events, or something along those lines. Especially since it is already themed for guests currently.

The new gate has me wondering that as well...

Bartattack

Anyone know if they're still planning on doing those giant footprints on the ground? I haven't seen them in those aerials..

yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I checked out some of the aerials and changed the brightness/contrast. You can see two footprints... but very faint. Maybe we can't see them because of the dust? I only found two in this picture...

foot.jpg

original picture from bioreconstruct:

foot2.jpg

michmousefan

Can't quite tell, but on that last arch at the end of the ride just before you come to Wheezy, it kind of looks like there's a "taped on" sign from Andy that says "The Big Finish." Perhaps an intro to Wheezy's song?
From one of bioreconstruct's photos on Twitter it looks like "The Big Finale" instead...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom