Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Skibum1970

Building a bobsled coaster next to the beach was a terrible idea. The ride itself was pretty fun and unique but the theming made it look a lot worse then it really was. It was worth losing to gain Gatekeeper. Still, bobsled coasters are pretty fun.

I enjoyed it while it lasted. I found Gatekeeper to be a bit boring. the transitions are in slow motion after the first drop is completed.

Have there been any rides/reviews of Slink Dog yet? Didn't know if they had started soft opens.

trainplane3

I enjoyed it while it lasted. I found Gatekeeper to be a bit boring. the transitions are in slow motion after the first drop is completed.

Have there been any rides/reviews of Slink Dog yet? Didn't know if they had started soft opens.
I think it's only been cast members so far, so no reviews. At least I think they were CMs since people were spotted riding it last week.

Agreed, it's gimmick is neat but isn't that exciting. But it's very awesome capacity and the fact there's no longer a massive beige box (and now, no more stadium) on the beach are the big gains from it.

ZachPL

Building a bobsled coaster next to the beach was a terrible idea. The ride itself was pretty fun and unique but the theming made it look a lot worse then it really was. It was worth losing to gain Gatekeeper. Still, bobsled coasters are pretty fun.

I've been on the Alpine Bobsled in Great Escape in upstate NY, although the ride is ok it must be a nightmare to run and I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been replaced yet. Almost every time I go there the ride is down, I'm not sure if this is a common occurrence with bobsled rides or is more specific to this one especially since the ride has moved parks twice and is very old now

Animaniac93-98

Not arguing at all but you could say that about most Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks (and most amusement parks). It's very obvious all the money goes to the ride with the queue being the thing that gets whatever is left. I try to compare Disney to parks that actually theme their stuff. It isn't fair to compare Cedar Fair against anything Disney/Universal/etc. One is going for immersion with some thrill, the other is all in on high thrills.

Let's forget that one time Cedar Fair tried to compete with Disney on a "ride theme" level...

At least I got to experience it when some of the audio and lighting effects worked.

More info on Disaster Transport:

djkidkaz

I’m curious what the plan is for the current Pixar walkway on June 30th and for the future. Will they eventually build a wall of some sort to hide that it’s even there?

mikejs78

Premium Member
They definitely can't use the Black Panther character, but it's entirely conceivable that they are able to use every other aspect of that movie: Killmonger, Wakanda, Shuri, Okoye, etc.
Doesn't the contract specify that they can't use characters or things that are related to the famies of characters they can't use? In that case, wouldn't most of the supporting cast also be off limits?

RSoxNo1

Doesn't the contract specify that they can't use characters or things that are related to the famies of characters they can't use? In that case, wouldn't most of the supporting cast also be off limits?
It does, but if Doctor Strange is allowed to be used in the parks, I'm guessing that the "relationship" families has been better defined. While many of the Black Panther characters exist in the comics, Doctor Strange can also be connected back to the Avengers as well. This is purely speculative on my part, but I don't think it's unfounded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom