Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

yensidtlaw1969

You must be lucky. Or maybe we’re not describing the same area. I was referring to the entire space including the area under the building, not just the uncovered area.
I was referring to any part of the extended queue, I've only ever been ushered into "onstage" areas at Gringotts.

I don't think of myself as lucky, but maybe that's where my good luck has been going this whole time and I just never knew any better.

Movielover

Gringott's extended queue is still miles above ANYTHING at Cedar Point. God help you if you get stuck in this cow pen...

1526802943461.png

Still though I would even take a simple cave queue down in the depths of the bank area. There was so much more they could have done, heck I would even take JAWS's old extended queue...

1526803411387.png

Skibum1970

Gringott's extended queue is still miles above ANYTHING at Cedar Point. God help you if you get stuck in this cow pen...

View attachment 284785

Still though I would even take a simple cave queue down in the depths of the bank area. There was so much more they could have done, heck I would even take JAWS's old extended queue...

View attachment 284786

I've been in that queue under Raptor. Oy. Two hours later...

trainplane3

View attachment 284785

View attachment 284786
Not arguing at all but you could say that about most Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks (and most amusement parks). It's very obvious all the money goes to the ride with the queue being the thing that gets whatever is left. I try to compare Disney to parks that actually theme their stuff. It isn't fair to compare Cedar Fair against anything Disney/Universal/etc. One is going for immersion with some thrill, the other is all in on high thrills.

Let's forget that one time Cedar Fair tried to compete with Disney on a "ride theme" level...

At least I got to experience it when some of the audio and lighting effects worked.

RSoxNo1

Can anyone name three characters from Avatar?
HOT TAKE!!!

This isn't insightful and I personally think regurgitating the same line should be a ban-able offense. If Disney focused on the characters of the land than it would be a relevant point. They didn't and it's not.

Can the average guest name three characters from The Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean?

RSoxNo1

E Ticket queue:

HP-and-the-Escape-from-Gringotts-1_LR.jpg

Not an E Ticket queue:

toy-story-mania-indoor-queue-1-9.jpg
While I agree, the first photo was never the setup for guests. That was taken at a media event before switchbacks were in place. Having said that, I don't have a problem with the Toy Story Mania queue, it's befitting of the property. The problem is Harry Potter (And other franchises) lend themselves to a fully immersive land far more than Toy Story ever will.

Oversized props scream "kiddy land" and that's all this is. It's Storybook Circus + an existing attraction (Midway Mania).

Goofyernmost

HOT TAKE!!!

This isn't insightful and I personally think regurgitating the same line should be a ban-able offense. If Disney focused on the characters of the land than it would be a relevant point. They didn't and it's not.

Can the average guest name three characters from The Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean?
The redhead, the pirate with the hairy leg on the bridge and Capt. Jack for Pirates and The killer bride, the caretaker and Mr. Gracey for HM. What do I win? :joyfull:

gorillaball

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts. It is the overflow queue that is barren and provides nothing more than views of backstage. It is a embarrassment given all of the work that went into the views and sight lines of the rest of Diagonal Alley.

The same ride that had a differnt pic saying this is the queue of an "E". Just showing how you can easily pick and choose viewpoints to help your argument.

Goofyernmost

If you’re deceptive.

I prefer to compare the best of one to the best of the other. At least then we are comparing Macintoshes to Red Deliciouses.
There is no comparison of MacIntosh to anything. MacIntosh rules. :hungry::happy:
I was born and raised 5 miles from what was one of the, if not the largest, MacIntosh orchard in the world in upper, upper New York State. I have yet to find another apple that I can eat without making faces.

Next Big Thing

If you’re deceptive.

I prefer to compare the best of one to the best of the other. At least then we are comparing Macintoshes to Red Deliciouses.
The point being made I believe is that the photo used to compare TSMM to Gringotts (a ridiculous comparison, mind you) showed the best of Gringotts (without switchbacks even!) and the worst of TSMM.

Skibum1970

Not arguing at all but you could say that about most Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks (and most amusement parks). It's very obvious all the money goes to the ride with the queue being the thing that gets whatever is left. I try to compare Disney to parks that actually theme their stuff. It isn't fair to compare Cedar Fair against anything Disney/Universal/etc. One is going for immersion with some thrill, the other is all in on high thrills.

Let's forget that one time Cedar Fair tried to compete with Disney on a "ride theme" level...

At least I got to experience it when some of the audio and lighting effects worked.

I experienced that ride before they enclosed it. Back when it was called "Avalanche Run".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom