Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

JessieLightyear

Please forgive the potentially lame question... I've not been following this project closely. Is the TSMM entrance going to be in that brown box building? Is the building to the left of it part of it as well?

TSMM.jpg

Yep, that's the new entrance. :) You can see the angled roof in bioreconstruct's photo.

Musicman20

To be honest, I actually think it looks good! Do we have much more info on A/S/S?

Theming looks better than the other TS attempts around the world, and SDD looks cool!

I'm a sucker for Toy Story so I'm bound to love it.

I'm planning to book last minute for a visit to Orlando in October 2018. so from the dates above mentioned I presume this will all be up and running by then?!?!

Kman101

Really sad Shanghai got the Woody area. Al's Barn is there too ;) oh well. A missed opportunity. They could have copied the Critter Carousel too. Personally the Woody version of A.S.Saucers looks a bit plasticy to me and not that we needed two of the same rides but a missed opportunity not including that area, and for an Al's Toy Barn as you enter the land, before the 'immersion into the backyard'. Move the Lunchbox to the Woody area as a smaller Q/S and bookend the land with a real Pizza Planet by the Buzz area. I mean ... it's not that hard to pad out the land and make it even better.

YMMV on liking the 'decor/theming' but we should have had the absolute best and full out version. It's close but not quite there. It could definitely have used a few more things like the carousel and another flat ride.

TP2000

It seems like they still have a lot to do in just 2 months with the new facade/entrance of Midway Mania.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've been thinking. They seem to be cutting it awfully close. Has anyone seen the coaster or A.S.S. ride testing and moving and sending those "water dummy" things Disney uses on complete trips yet?

Usually at the two months to go mark the new land looks relatively done, and you see people riding in test cars. At least that was the way it was with Cars Land. This looks... not done.

BrianLo

View attachment 279840
I hope this land gets them as well, but have seen no evidence of that.

Looking forward to seeing the final product someday.

FYI the erector sets are actually the parade route speaker and lighting rig poles. Very clever because that is not what it looks like on first blush.

However, since those line the SDL parade route I'm going with a solid no on the carry over to DHS.

BrianLo

Yeah, that's exactly what I've been thinking. They seem to be cutting it awfully close. Has anyone seen the coaster or A.S.S. ride testing and moving and sending those "water dummy" things Disney uses on complete trips yet?

Usually at the two months to go mark the new land looks relatively done, and you see people riding in test cars. At least that was the way it was with Cars Land. This looks... not done.

Slinky has been testing for months.

RandySavage

I have yet to see a photo or video of Shanghai's TSL that makes it look half-way decent. Huge unthemed warehouses (Tron and Parade Storage) box in two sides and a themed warehouse (Storybook theater) looms over a third. The bamboo they've planted looks spindly and unhealthy.

By contrast, WDW's is looking lush with a lot of planting to come and has the fence application to the nearby visual intrusions. WDW looks to completely outclass Shanghai's in the atmosphere department.

malice

I have yet to see a photo or video of Shanghai's TSL that makes it look half-way decent. Huge unthemed warehouses (Tron and Parade Storage) box in two sides and a themed warehouse (Storybook theater) looms over a third. The bamboo they've planted looks spindly and unhealthy.

By contrast, WDW's is looking lush with a lot of planting to come and has the fence application to the nearby visual intrusions. WDW looks to completely outclass Shanghai's in the atmosphere department.

Shanghai TSL looks even worse in person. The problem with Shanghai is they didn’t do a good job of hiding the outside world. Many vistas are marred by power lines and the unthemed backside of buildings you’ve mentioned. Doesn’t help that the land is plopped right between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland with zero transistion.

RandySavage

Shanghai TSL looks even worse in person. The problem with Shanghai is they didn’t do a good job of hiding the outside world. Many vistas are marred by power lines and the unthemed backside of buildings you’ve mentioned. Doesn’t help that the land is plopped right between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland with zero transistion.
It's a shame. No park's locale has warranted a tall, wide, lushly-planted perimeter berm more than SDL's, and yet - surprisingly - it wasn't planned in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom