Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

DisneyDrew

This is random, but to be honest I feel like this land isn't going to soft open until June 28th and 29th. That's how Pandora was and looking at the progress of the construction, it is coming along well, but there is a lot of work to do and they probably won't do DVC and Passholder previews until Saturday the 16th or so and then soft open it right before the official opening. If it was Galaxy's Edge, there probably would be earlier soft openings but because Toy Story Land isn't on that scale, I don't see Disney wanting to rush the opening when they'll probably do press in the first week, previews after, and then very brief soft openings if any right before the official opening. I hope it is earlier so more people get to experience it, but I just don't see a major motive for Disney to open it really early when they didn't do that with Pandora either. I guess it will all depend on the construction when we get closer to opening and if they need to speed it up or if it is ready to go. I'm expecting them to want it to be done by June 1st, June 7th or so at the latest.

HauntedMansionFLA

DA118220-8020-4B78-B2E5-980EBB759299.jpeg
1285E865-D024-4FB6-836D-0D28E058B18B.jpeg
More landscaping going in today.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is random, but to be honest I feel like this land isn't going to soft open until June 28th and 29th. That's how Pandora was and looking at the progress of the construction, it is coming along well, but there is a lot of work to do and they probably won't do DVC and Passholder previews until Saturday the 16th or so and then soft open it right before the official opening. If it was Galaxy's Edge, there probably would be earlier soft openings but because Toy Story Land isn't on that scale, I don't see Disney wanting to rush the opening when they'll probably do press in the first week, previews after, and then very brief soft openings if any right before the official opening. I hope it is earlier so more people get to experience it, but I just don't see a major motive for Disney to open it really early when they didn't do that with Pandora either. I guess it will all depend on the construction when we get closer to opening and if they need to speed it up or if it is ready to go. I'm expecting them to want it to be done by June 1st, June 7th or so at the latest.

OTOH... once they get TSM's queue reconfigured, they need to switch over to the new entrance, which means bringing people through TSL. So, if construction is done (meaning, no more hard hats required in the area), I imagine they could queue people through TSL just for TSM. And once they do that, it would be relatively easy to start doing softs. But, that's just a surmisicization.

HauntedMansionFLA

OTOH... once they get TSM's queue reconfigured, they need to switch over to the new entrance, which means bringing people through TSL. So, if construction is done (meaning, no more hard hats required in the area), I imagine they could queue people through TSL just for TSM. And once they do that, it would be relatively easy to start doing softs. But, that's just a surmisicization.
I was able to get a FP this morning. I thought they were suspending it till the land opened? The left side of the building leading into the land was painted a dark brown.

Castle Cake Apologist

Exactly. Maybe they just did a good job.

I know it's fun for some to hate on Toy Story Land ....

Nah, I think it does say something about the land itself that the most excited I've seen a lot of people get is over the menu for the QS!

But, you of all people know that it truly is fun for me to hate on TSL, so ya know... YMMV and all that jazz.

Actually, it's more painful than fun because it makes me sad that this was the best that they could do.

matt9112

Exactly. Maybe they just did a good job.

I know it's fun for some to hate on Toy Story Land ....

they do look good but I seem to remember pretty much every new eatery getting its menu dummed down quiet quickly. so the status quo would tell us it's not likely to be exactly like it is. (part of this is justified since sometimes certain items take longer to make or produce and this cuts down on service times) other times it's people who want chicken nuggets at every QSR on property. (since this is in a VERY child friendly area) I would place bets on the menu becoming more basic.

mab7689

My apologies if this has been asked before. I want to ask about FPs. I know it opens June 30th. 60 days before that is May 1st but it occurred to me today about the 60+14 thing for onsite guests. 74 days till opening is on Tuesday (April 17th), so does anyone know if the fastpasses are likely to open on Tuesday or May 1st?
Thanks

nickys

Premium Member
My apologies if this has been asked before. I want to ask about FPs. I know it opens June 30th. 60 days before that is May 1st but it occurred to me today about the 60+14 thing for onsite guests. 74 days till opening is on Tuesday (April 17th), so does anyone know if the fastpasses are likely to open on Tuesday or May 1st?
Thanks

We don't know yet is the short answer. Anything else is just speculation.

RMichael21

Thanks
We book Fastpasses for our trip (6/26-7/1) on April 27th, so I'll let y'all know if they're available prior to May 1st then.

NiarrNDisney

If it removes the one in front of the Drive-in restaurant which creates a serious choke point, then, yes, it was needed.

I know of a better location - at the bottom of a lake. All jokes aside I really hope this structure isnt really a DVC Kiosk especially in the entrance of this land. Instead of closing a much loved confectionary to sell merch for a land on the other side of the park why not build a store in the entrance of said land to hawk the lands wares!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know of a better location - at the bottom of a lake. All jokes aside I really hope this structure isnt really a DVC Kiosk especially in the entrance of this land. Instead of closing a much loved confectionary to sell merch for a land on the other side of the park why not build a store in the entrance of said land to hawk the lands wares!

It's confirmed to be a DVC kiosk. Sorry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom