Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Homer fan

I just have a general question on this land: did John Lassiter have any say? If so, is he as attention to detail oriented as Cameron and Rowling? I just wonder if he was really okay with just a relatively "simple" TSL, as opposed to a more complex Pixar Place. I would imagine, given how much Pixar means to Disney, that he would have to have been integral to approving this land, but if that is the case, why would he settle for such a bland land, comparatively speaking.

Rich T

I don't think Lassiter or anyone else at Disney has any interest in a "Pixar Place" at this point-- and frankly, the general public doesn't either. Ten years ago Pixar had a clearer identity. Since then, they've released some mediocre films (and one big bomb), while Disney feature animation has caught up in terms of quality. When a new animated film comes out, it doesn't matter if it's labeled Disney or Pixar; they're all blending together now (in a high-quality good way). If you called Zootopia a Pixar film or Coco a Disney film, no one would know the difference.-- Certainly not enough to justify a entire land limited to one studio's output.

brb1006

I don't think Lassiter or anyone else at Disney has any interest in a "Pixar Place" at this point-- and frankly, the general public doesn't either. Ten years ago Pixar had a clearer identity. Since then, they've released some mediocre films (and one big bomb), while Disney feature animation has caught up in terms of quality. When a new animated film comes out, it doesn't matter if it's labeled Disney or Pixar; they're all blending together now (in a high-quality good way). If you called Zootopia a Pixar film or Coco a Disney film, no one would know the difference.-- Certainly not enough to justify a entire land limited to one studio's output.
This reminds me how alot of animated films from other companies tried mimicking the Disney style and format with their animated films (Mainly straight to video) due to the Disney Renissance going on strong back in the 90's.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I hate to say it, but this IS phase 2. Midway Mania was phase 1 (and I'm still holding out hope for an update to debut with the land).
Like if the ride could easily be adjusted to add new games and or seasonal variants over night? You are just talking the impossible now! ;)

lazyboy97o

I just have a general question on this land: did John Lassiter have any say? If so, is he as attention to detail oriented as Cameron and Rowling? I just wonder if he was really okay with just a relatively "simple" TSL, as opposed to a more complex Pixar Place. I would imagine, given how much Pixar means to Disney, that he would have to have been integral to approving this land, but if that is the case, why would he settle for such a bland land, comparatively speaking.
Lasseter used up his political capital on Cars Land.

PizzaPlanet

He was involved with the lackluster Playlands in Paris and Hong Kong, so I assume so.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Been awhile since my last time on this site. How much progress has been made?

From July 1...

tsl07012017.jpg

Fox&Hound

Any updates on theming? Have they decided to spend more money on items palced around the coaster? I feel like with two launches (one change since the original lift hill) it would make sense to have a lot of static/moving items around to look at as you are momentarily stopped before you launch. Updates???? Thanks...

ToTBellHop

Any updates on theming? Have they decided to spend more money on items palced around the coaster? I feel like with two launches (one change since the original lift hill) it would make sense to have a lot of static/moving items around to look at as you are momentarily stopped before you launch. Updates???? Thanks...
You'll be able to look at the large Star Wars Land structures in the distance and wish you were there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom