Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

David Giles

Any updates on theming? Have they decided to spend more money on items palced around the coaster? I feel like with two launches (one change since the original lift hill) it would make sense to have a lot of static/moving items around to look at as you are momentarily stopped before you launch. Updates???? Thanks...

I figured the second launch would be like talon in phantasialand, not a stop and launch again but a speed boost type of launch...

Goofyernmost

You can see the castle from MSUSA too. And Tomorrowland from the hub. What was Walt thinking?
Even though, more often then not, I am bewildered why you continue to constantly promote an agenda that is not only not likely, but, sometimes just, well, crazy, however, this time you are absolutely correct. People that don't know what reality is, what part of the responsibility of fantasy falls onto the shoulders of the beholder and think they know what was before when Disney's parks were perfect, are constantly making the parks into things that never were and never will be. Things have always been visible from one area to another. Space and physics make that a situation that is physically impossible to completely control. If we decide that it is more important to focus on the peripheral than to great things that are in whatever area you are standing instead of hundreds of feet or more away then that is on us.

Last edited:

jt04

Even though, more often then not, I am bewildered why you continue to constantly promote an agenda that is not only not likely, but, sometimes just, well, crazy, however, this time you are absolutely correct. People that don't know what reality is, what part of the responsibility of fantasy falls onto the shoulders of the beholder and think they know what was before when Disney's parks were perfect, are constantly making the parks into things that never were and never will be. Things have always been visible from one area to another. Space and physics make that a situation that is physically impossible to completely control. If we decide that it is more important to focus on the peripheral than to great things that are in whatever area you are standing instead of hundreds of feet or more away.

Agenda?

I guess if there is one it is to see a WDW with properly developed theme parks. DAK is the closest so far if you don't count Dinorama.

Goofyernmost

Agenda?

I guess if there is one it is to see a WDW with properly developed theme parks. DAK is the closest so far if you don't count Dinorama.
I thought you might understand my reference, it isn't about what you would like to see, it is your insistence that your opinion is the one being carried out, instead of the people that actually do have a direct and reliable connection to people that are more likely to be in the know. And I'm not talking about spirited conversations.

ToTBellHop

Even though, more often then not, I am bewildered why you continue to constantly promote an agenda that is not only not likely, but, sometimes just, well, crazy, however, this time you are absolutely correct. People that don't know what reality is, what part of the responsibility of fantasy falls onto the shoulders of the beholder and think they know what was before when Disney's parks were perfect, are constantly making the parks into things that never were and never will be. Things have always been visible from one area to another. Space and physics make that a situation that is physically impossible to completely control. If we decide that it is more important to focus on the peripheral than to great things that are in whatever area you are standing instead of hundreds of feet or more away.
You know I wasn't commenting on the view of SWL from TSL but rather on the fact that there won't be much appealing to look at in TSL from the coaster so your eye will more be drawn to SWL.

Goofyernmost

You know I wasn't commenting on the view of SWL from TSL but rather on the fact that there won't be much appealing to look at in TSL from the coaster so your eye will more be drawn to SWL.
OK, I can except that, but, I don't think that it matters to the vast majority of people. TSL is what TSL will be. As far as I can see it will be themed as it is supposed to be, a backyard with a few toys scattered about. Considering the popularity of the Aerial views we currently are seeing posted, I think it will be fun to see an elevated overview of that land next door. Sort of like how the Skyway used to show us all of MK, wort's and all. That would have been back in the days when the Parks were perfect and nothing was visible that wasn't part of the land one was in. (Yea, that was a little sarcasm, but, based on fact not alternative reality.)

jt04

I thought you might understand my reference, it isn't about what you would like to see, it is your insistence that your opinion is the one being carried out, instead of the people that actually do have a direct and reliable connection to people that are more likely to be in the know. And I'm not talking about spirited conversations.

They have been making a lot of great choices but highly doubt it is upon my "insistence" or whatever you are implying. TDO is just choosing well. In my opinion. And I don't mind saying so when they do.

I also am critical when warranted.

Goofyernmost

They have been making a lot of great choices but highly doubt it is upon my "insistence" or whatever you are implying. TDO is just choosing well. In my opinion. And I don't mind saying so when they do.

I also am critical when warranted.
None of which I am referring too. There is no sense in continuing this conversation because you are not starting to understand what I am referring too and I have no desire to recap all of it. Just be happy that I agreed with your sentiment concerning the history of Walt's parks and let the rest of it go. Thanks!

jt04

None of which I am referring too. There is no sense in continuing this conversation because you are not starting to understand what I am referring too and I have no desire to recap all of it. Just be happy that I agreed with your sentiment concerning the history of Walt's parks and let the rest of it go. Thanks!

Oh, ok.

Dan Deesnee

What are the odds we get a fully 3d model of this land at D23? Remember the one they did for Pandora where Rhodes ear-thing kept smacking into the tiny fake trees and such as he pointed out minute details to Jimmy (James) Cameron?

No Name

I really don't see how a model of Star Wars land is super exciting. We've already gotten aerial view concept art, and both rides are entirely indoors. If they lift the roof off of the showbuilding and show us the Battle Escape ride/queue, yeah, that would be exciting (though too revealing, IMO). But otherwise I don't have much interest. I also don't salivate over every new piece of steel added, like some do on DL forums, so maybe my interests just lie elsewhere.

The Pandora model was more exciting to me because we hadn't gotten aerial view concept art beforehand. And I'd actually be more interested in seeing a Toy Story Land model because hardly anything is fully enclosed (unlike Pandora and SWL).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I really don't see how a model of Star Wars land is super exciting. We've already gotten aerial view concept art, and both rides are entirely indoors. If they lift the roof off of the showbuilding and show us the Battle Escape ride/queue, yeah, that would be exciting (though too revealing, IMO). But otherwise I don't have much interest. I also don't salivate over every new piece of steel added, like some do on DL forums, so maybe my interests just lie elsewhere.

The Pandora model was more exciting to me because we hadn't gotten aerial view concept art beforehand. And I'd actually be more interested in seeing a Toy Story Land model because hardly anything is fully enclosed (unlike Pandora and SWL).
There's a LOT of detail from SWL that's not been seen in the renderings yet. Even without going inside.

britain

I found the Pandora model to be nice for the floating mountains, but pretty much indiscernible because of so many trees covering the paths.

For the Star Wars land model, I am really looking forward to seeing:

1) what kind of scale we're talking about with the towering mountains (and color - I'm hoping for the igneous gray from the earlier concept art, rather than just more southwestern red rock).

2) better idea of what the facade and exterior queue for battle escape is going to look like.

Last edited:

BrianLo

I also don't salivate over every new piece of steel added, like some do on DL forums, so maybe my interests just lie elsewhere.

Shame-Bell-Lady-From-Game-Thrones.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom