Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

spacemt354

Chili's
In your expert opinion, how long should it take for them to add a third track in a new building? What are you basing that on?
Never said I was an expert. It's just my observation.

If an organization wants something built faster, they will find a way. Not really interested in starting a Uni vs Disney thing, but if you're asking what I'm basing it on, it's that other parks can build quicker and more efficiently than Disney has been.

I'm not going to sit here and guess or make excuses though why the timeline is as such. It's the pace Disney has chosen so nothing more you can do.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And?
What if the building prep itself takes at least 12 months? Its not like SS1 was prefabricated based on becoming a third track for TSMM. For all we know it could take just as long whether its one, two or five tracks

In your expert opinion, how long should it take for them to add a third track in a new building? What are you basing that on?

I would think it should take much less time to add a single track to an existing ride that has already been built 3 times then it took to build the totally new ride from scratch.

Figment2005

The initial announcement about Avatar wasn't really about "Avatarland" but instead was about the partnership between Lightstorm and Disney to develop Avatar attractions. I am sure they had some blue sky ideas , but I don't think they had any detailed plans at that point.

I wouldn't call the amount of demolition "un-believable". They are very simple buildings back there, some are just trailers, so once they are cleared out they could demolish them in a very short period of time.
To add proof of concept to this post, the speedway has been under demolition for just about a week and the north half near the parking lot is practically leveled. There are still some large chunks of concrete to move but I wouldn't be surprised if it is completely graded by the end of this coming week. With that said, removing backstage structures will be overly simplistic.

Rutt

I would think it should take much less time to add a single track to an existing ride that has already been built 3 times then it took to build the totally new ride from scratch.
Except that theyre adding it to a seperate building which also has to be prepped. How long should the prep of SS1 take? Do you have a timeline of how long each step of the original TSMM took?

I could understand if we were arguing from drawing board to R and D to opening, but I mean construction is construction.

Last edited:

matt9112

I think it will definitely help, as will the Mater clone. Still that leaves only TSMM, Muppets (if it survives) and TGMR as rides with no restrictions. It would have been nice to have added one more to the list along with the two rides that are already coming. If the argument is that these rides should be replaced with one with no restrictions then I agree that the height restrictions on the new rides are just fine.

How about people don't complain that there 2 year old can't ride. My son is 41.5 inches at age 4 I think 36 or 38 Is acceptable.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Except that theyre adding it to a seperate building which also has to be prepped. How long should the prep of SS1 take? Do you have a timeline of how long each step of the original TSMM took?

I could understand if we were arguing from drawing board to R and D to opening, but I mean construction is construction.

The time line of the steps isn't really important, just how long it will take. From the closing of Millionare to the opening ot TSMM was 20 months. The permits for SS1 were filed 9/24/2014 and Disney has said it will open later 2016, so we are probably looking at 24 months.

Last edited:

Rutt

The time line of the steps isn't really important, just how long it will take. From the closing of Millionare to the opening ot TSMM was 20 months. The permits for SS1 were filed 9/24/2014 and Disney has said it will open later 2016, so we are probably looking at 24 months.
My understanding was early 2016 so I guess we'll see.

Cosmic Commando

How about people don't complain that there 2 year old can't ride. My son is 41.5 inches at age 4 I think 36 or 38 Is acceptable.
But if your 4YO gets a little brother or sister, your family will still be splitting up to ride everything at DHS. It's nice to have a mix of things, so families with small ones can stick together more.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I still think studios will get radiator spring's because castrophic canyon and the tank are still there. And at D23 no one specifically said toystory land is replacing backlot

They didn't say where it was going, but it's pretty clear it's going behind TSMM, but not as far north a Cat Canyon. There have pretty strong rumors that DHS will be getting some version of Carsland, but I doubt they will save Cat Canyon even though the rock work looks similar to that in Radiator Springs.

G00fyDad

Its suppose to be an indoor version of radiator springs.

I doubt that. An indoor version of a beautifully themed Route 66 with the rockwork and details that only show well in a daytime setup would be too difficult to accomplish inside a building. The idea that RR would be indoors stems from people jumping to conclusions after it was mentioned that RR would not work in the overly wet climate of central Florida.

roveness

I doubt that. An indoor version of a beautifully themed Route 66 with the rockwork and details that only show well in a daytime setup would be too difficult to accomplish inside a building. The idea that RR would be indoors stems from people jumping to conclusions after it was mentioned that RR would not work in the overly wet climate of central Florida.
We have test track and test track has the same design as radiator springs. Florida imagineers designed radiator springs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom