Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

The lighting isn't what kills that place - it's that place that kills the place. When I first opened the pics, I thought it was a joke...I thought that through the first several pictures. Sometimes I think there is a group of upper management taking bets or maybe playing a drinking game to see how bad they can make something and still have people enter and spend money. It breaks my heart that in 1982 I got Centorium, and this is what I get today.

Spencer_ralph46

I think they know that most people don't know any better. I heard multiple people say how great the land was and how disney is so clever. While I'm just thinking how cheap some of this stuff looks.

OG Runner

Painting the ceiling square red and black checkered would be a huge help.

Also, let me reassert my take on Disney's lack of marketing savvy... the toy store should sell all the old games that you see in the Land, from Chutes and Ladder to dominoes to Tinkertoys.

Sounds like a great idea, but do those toys and games sell? They are nice for decoration and bring a good feeling of nostalgia to the
average park goer, but when was the last time you even considered buying one of those games?

doctornick

Sounds like a great idea, but do those toys and games sell? They are nice for decoration and bring a good feeling of nostalgia to the
average park goer, but when was the last time you even considered buying one of those games?

I think they sell in general but I'm not sure a theme park would be a good location. People on vacation are unlikely to buy a board game (especially one in a longer box) and lug it around the park or (even if shipped to your room) pack it in luggage home.

If they did something like a Pizza Planet in Disney Springs and had a gift shop attached to that, maybe it could work to have such games.

aladdin2007

Pop up or not or whatever the long term plan is, Disney use to be better than this! In a way its serves them right, they had a great chance to build an actual real store in the new land, now they scrambled in a desperate attempt much too late to get merch into the area.
Yet they had to go and ruin the former candy shop on sunset for...toy story merch. I am not optimistic about the refurb of shops in progress and coming to hollywood boulevard. I hope we will be pleasantly surprised or happy, but with their record as of late, I would expect more detheming, generic and bland.

JohnD

Yeah. It’s in the show building just before you exit the building on the south side for the LOOOONG walk back to TSL. Before TSL at least you exited immediately into Pixar Place. Now you walk through what looks like an office building gift shop before trekking bsck to TSL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom