Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

sedati

Except Future World you’re surrounded on all sides by giant indoor air conditioned buildings, many with open areas you stay and sit in for long periods of time.
That’s not a thing in Toy Story Land except for the TSM queue.
Same with Food and Wine...plenty of nearby shops or inside places you can pop in to catch some AC. Also a lot of the Food and Wine Food you can easily carry with you and eat as you walk, you’re not carrying an entire quick service entree around.
I should have said Future World at Epcot Center- believe it or no, but in its early days you stood in lines well outside of the pavillions where you baked in the unshaded concrete wasteland... and were happy to do so.

Lensman

I should have said Future World at Epcot Center- believe it or no, but in its early days you stood in lines well outside of the pavillions where you baked in the unshaded concrete wasteland... and were happy to do so.
No need to defend yourself. There are many who will agree that the shade/heat problem in TSL has analogues in Epcot, either today or in the past. And people have been complaining about it for decodes.

I've learned not to get trapped in trying to defend my opinions when 20% of everyone (sometimes 30%) will disagree with everyone about anything. People live to fight and argue about everything, except when you can rile them up in common and get us to complain about some demonized other like Disney Corporate or Iger or Chapek or today's Imagineers or strollers. :)

Actually, I lie, I get caught up trying to defend myself fruitlessly many times. That's also an instinctive reaction. My main takeaway is that there might be some who agree with you in gist but mostly they'll be silent and you'll maybe get a like from someone but you can be sure that any small point will get nitpicked away so just make sure this doesn't ruin your day! Be self aware and don't hesitate to laugh at yourself sometimes and just add in something light and funny when you think you're taking the board too seriously!

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

We just returned from WDW last night.
Mike and I visited Toy Story Land four times.

First time - middle of the afternoon. We had a FP for A$$. (If memory serves, we hopped in TSM stand-by immediately afterward, just to get out of the blazing sun.) We wanted to eat at Woody’s. The queue to order was legit 40+ people deep; there were dozens of people carrying trays laden with food walking around in a daze, desperately looking for somewhere to sit.

Mike said, “This sucks, let’s go”. We ended up over at Pizzerizzo’s and had a perfectly fine pizza and meatball sub in the frigid A/C.

We popped in again just after sunset on another day to use our TSM FP’s and promptly left. While not blown away, we thought the area was nicer once the sun was down.

Zipped in around 5:00 on Friday just to do a face to face hello with a wdwmagic friend, and immediately left, soaked in sweat.

Went back after 8:00 that same evening to finally use our FP’s for SDD, and stand-by A$$. Totally different experience at night time. The crowds and temps are almost tolerable, and the night time ambience is charming.

Mike is of the opinion that we never need to go there again unless we have FP’s for SDD ... and only once the sun has set. 😂 What is overly plastic-looking and garish during the day is much prettier at night. We were very disappointed that we really couldn’t get near Woody’s Lunchbox, as there were a lot of things we wanted to try.

I know Mike and I are not the target demographic for this land, but I have to imagine it’s actually a 1000 times worse for their actual intended audience. I couldn’t fathom spending a couple of hours in this shade-less area with small children. We were overwhelmed by the crowds and direct sunlight. I can’t imagine how kids feel.

That being said - SDD is awesome. Really a great little coaster. And roomy! Hubby’s 6’ 8” frame fit no problem.

Is it their plan to “mitigate” before SW:GE opens?
Mobile Order is your friend...

matt9112

Except Future World you’re surrounded on all sides by giant indoor air conditioned buildings, many with open areas you stay and sit in for long periods of time.
That’s not a thing in Toy Story Land except for the TSM queue.
Same with Food and Wine...plenty of nearby shops or inside places you can pop in to catch some AC. Also a lot of the Food and Wine Food you can easily carry with you and eat as you walk, you’re not carrying an entire quick service entree around.

point still stands....walking around with food when its 100 out....with 10,000 of your closest friends on all sides. no thanks. and some people dont accept it just the masses do and well thats who pays the bills. Than we go down the rabbit hole known as disney is never wrong and people keep coming and dropping 10k on vacations reguardless of what they do so why would the company care? theres no incentive to.

smile

Not sure what could be considered ruined here...it's just ordering on your phone instead of waiting in line...

either mobile order or spontaneously walk-up and wait 40+ deep... tough choice.
and spontaneously mobile ordering isn't nearly as charming ;)

and that's now, during a relatively modest time -
imagine it's proximity to the chaos on the horizon and with the myriad issues already brought up and it's just... yikes.

a rather boutique approach towards living next door to the death star :p

sdd seems to be rolling along nicely and well recieved for what it is
- thank goodness for that.
:)

smile

I read that you can walk up and mobile order and many times your order will appear as fast or faster than if you had ordered it at the counter?

varies, as there remains a human element ;)
it's becoming easier to consider a future where spontaneity is all but gone from the general experience, is all

many feel it's well on it's way even now - many however, also embrace such a future

regardless, consider proper capacity for either approach or just shoot yourself in the foot, irk everyone, and save the money for something else.

ToTBellHop

either mobile order or spontaneously walk-up and wait 40+ deep... tough choice.
and spontaneously mobile ordering isn't nearly as charming ;)

and that's now, during a relatively modest time -
imagine it's proximity to the chaos on the horizon and with the myriad issues already brought up and it's just... yikes.

a rather boutique approach towards living next door to the death star :p

sdd seems to be rolling along nicely and well recieved for what it is
- thank goodness for that.
:)
Lines at QSRs are new? My memory suggests otherwise. I remember having to wait awhile at Pecos Bill 20 years ago. I am shocked that people can actually complain about Mobile Order. You like waiting in line to order behind morons who can't spend the 20 min in line actually deciding what they want to order?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
varies, as there remains a human element ;)
it's becoming easier to consider a future where spontaneity is all but gone from the general experience, is all

many feel it's well on it's way even now - many however, also embrace such a future

regardless, consider proper capacity for either approach or just shoot yourself in the foot, irk everyone, and save the money for something else.
Mobile order isn't less spontaneous. There might be less person to person interaction and I can get complaining about that. But there's no difference between walking up and ordering from a person or walking up and ordering from your phone in terms of spontaneity. Except that with mobile ordering you usually get your food faster, thus you receive it closer to your decision to walk up spontaneously to get it.

Complaining about losing the human element is a completely separate issue.

ToTBellHop

Mobile order isn't less spontaneous. There might be less person to person interaction and I can get complaining about that. But there's no difference between walking up and ordering from a person or walking up and ordering from your phone in terms of spontaneity. Except that with mobile ordering you usually get your food faster, thus you receive it closer to your decision to walk up spontaneously to get it.

Complaining about losing the human element is a completely separate issue.
Of course, you're not losing it. You still have the option of interacting with a human.

smile

My main point was that spontaneity is a completely unrelated issue.

that 40 person line was actually far longer considering the kitchen is also preparing food for folks not even in that line...
x qsr can only serve x patrons in any given time, which exacerbates an already long walk-up line just like fp/max/express passes elongate stand-by waits

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom