Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't understand why Disney would put 2 launches in 1 park? Why don't they bring a launch to a different park??!

Why do they have four spinners in MK?
Why do they have three boat rides in MK?
Why do they have three boat rides in Epcot?
Why do they have two coasters in AK?

There are only a limited number of possible ride systems to choose from, duplication is inevitable, and in this case they will be two very different coasters.

PorterRedkey

I don't understand why Disney would put 2 launches in 1 park? Why don't they bring a launch to a different park??!

I think that this will be a launch the younger set can go on. RnR is a little to scary for some (it is inside, so it has the mystery and goes upside-down 3 times.). I think this could be a stepping stone for kids (or my fiance) to work up to RnR. It should be fun for all ages.

DisneyRoy

Plus RnR is 48" which limits the age of people able to ride. My oldest on her 5th birthday could ride anything 44" or over. Now at 6, wants to ride RnR so bad but she's just an inch too short.

See. I don't know if I'd rather be in your shoes or not. My daughter just turned 6 and is tall for her age. Already over 48" and can therefore ride anything in WDW. Mentally...she's not ready for some of them though. ToT, RnR, Space Mtn just to name a few. I would love to get her on them because I know she would love them. But I'm obviously not going to push her.

RSoxNo1

To anyone that's complaining about Toy Story Land not being all D's/E-Tickets... The park needs everything. Yes, Toy Story doesn't lend itself to elaborate theming in the same way Star Wars Land does, but it will be a lightly themed area with a B and C ticket attraction that are very much needed. This is a single part of the park improvement, it's not all of it.

gmajew

Premium Member
To anyone that's complaining about Toy Story Land not being all D's/E-Tickets... The park needs everything. Yes, Toy Story doesn't lend itself to elaborate theming in the same way Star Wars Land does, but it will be a lightly themed area with a B and C ticket attraction that are very much needed. This is a single part of the park improvement, it's not all of it.

That is way way to much logic for most people on these boards to understand.

lazyboy97o

"Lightly themed" is the problem.

Bairstow

Because why not?
Generally speaking, launches make a roller coaster more fun. Between Everest, Rockin, California Screamin, Grizzly Mountain, and the Paris version of Space Mountain, WDI just has an affinity for the things, and to be honest, so do I.
They also tend to be a lot more compact, vertically, and quieter.
In this case, SlinkyDog appears to have both a traditional lift and a launch, so the launch element is probably just there because it's fun.

Marlins1

The Slinky Dog looks like a very good family coaster. Based on reviews of Maters the alien ride should be a lot of fun. TSMM will have added capacity and hopefully better availability. Based on the concept art I think the area will be much more attractive than it was and will look better than the other Toy Story lands (hopefully some of the greenery really shows up!) I really think this land is a winner and a major DHS upgrade.

Magenta Panther

The folks that are primarily fans of the Disney brand will love this. The folks that are primarily fans of Disney Theme Parks will find this underwhelming and more than a titch tacky.

I'm really, really hoping that it'll be okay. That it'll be a bright splash of magic and color. But I'm scared to death it'll look like a mishmash of cheap carnival rides. I sure hope I'm wrong.

lazyboy97o

The concept art they've put out there looks to be better than Toy Story Playland, as does the attraction lineup. Toy Story Playland is A's and B's... this looks like a solid B and a solid C.
There are plenty of photos in this very thread showing the built elements that are clearly being repeated in the promotional art.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom