Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

msteel

Sometimes with B&Ms they really just need a fresh coat of paint.

A week or two ago I rode a brand new B&M and it was so smooth that it was the best coaster experience I have ever had in my life. The rest of the old rattley Arrows or whatever else were in the park were no fun in comparison. Too bad it is pretty much impossible to a 325 foot lift hill anywhere close to Disney standards.

Disneyhead'71

Things don't are just purely technical though. Sure it adds up to a greater sum, but it doesn't impress me much when i'm on it.
See, that's the thing that impresses me is how they used a LOT of tech to make it seem as there is no or little tech involved. Things like the simulated clack-clack of a steam train crossing track breaks. That doesn't happen on the system used so that had to create it so that you hear AND feel it.

Next Big Thing

See, that's the thing that impresses me is how they used a LOT of tech to make it seem as there is no or little tech involved. Things like the simulated clack-clack of a steam train crossing track breaks. That doesn't happen on the system used so that had to create it so that you hear AND feel it.
I enjoy all of that and i'm glad they put in the time and effort to make it as realistic as possible. However, I still just see it as a gussied up transportation system. I know it's unique in that it takes you park-to-park too, but many may not want to go from park-to-park, so they then have to wait in another line to go back.

You said you see it as an E, I personally cant give it much more than a C+.

Disneyhead'71

I enjoy all of that and i'm glad they put in the time and effort to make it as realistic as possible. However, I still just see it as a gussied up transportation system. I know it's unique in that it takes you park-to-park too, but many may not want to go from park-to-park, so they then have to wait in another line to go back.

You said you see it as an E, I personally cant give it much more than a C+.
Actually, I think it is a great D Ticket. But given the scale, scope, and cost, I can see where some could consider it an E. Also, because of the lack of any "thrill factor", I can see why some would consider it a C Ticket. I just think it is an amazing combo of tech and ride system to create a great illusion.

JLipnick

My question regarding the timeline for TSL opening deals with the third track for TSMM already being built. How are they going to incorporate the new queue with the current one when the plans for TSL have the entrance now being in the back of the building? I guess they will do double work? Not sure that makes sense from a dollars perspective. Also, once they start SWL they will most likely be removing other attractions, either IJSS or Muppets. So the number of attractions open will get even smaller. At least if they fast tracked TSL, they could open it shortly after removing some other things to keep guests in the park.

optjay

Unfortunately not, I don't think any insiders are claiming it's any more than a D. More advanced than Soarin' granted, but that is really little more than a swinging screen in front of a screen and synchronised to a fan and an air freshener.

I really want to see Disney do nothing but the best, but the last decade has been really frustrating. The worst being is there is absolutely nothing in the pipeline that does anything for me at all.
Star Wars looks like 1 new screen based attraction and a re-theme of one existing screen based attraction; but I couldn't care less about Star Wars. It holds no interest for me whatsoever. Sure I'll ride it when I go next, but its not something I'm excited about. Potter is on the same level for me - no interest. However, I can appreciate an amazing ride such as Forbidden Journey.

Avatar, another screen attraction and a tame water ride. No interest in the IP, I so wish it was something else; but again will take a look in the future.

Frozen - overlay of an awfully boring attraction. No interest.

Toy Story Playland, love the IP but the announcement is massively underwhelming (as expected). Another cheap spinner a Barnstormer-esq Kiddie Coaster and another track for what will be a 10 year old wii style screen shooter.

Disney Springs strip mall...more generic shops and chain restaurants. Could have been so much more.
Perfectly summed up! My thoughts exactly!

ToTBellHop

My question regarding the timeline for TSL opening deals with the third track for TSMM already being built. How are they going to incorporate the new queue with the current one when the plans for TSL have the entrance now being in the back of the building? I guess they will do double work? Not sure that makes sense from a dollars perspective. Also, once they start SWL they will most likely be removing other attractions, either IJSS or Muppets. So the number of attractions open will get even smaller. At least if they fast tracked TSL, they could open it shortly after removing some other things to keep guests in the park.
It's easy enough to have the new building contain hallways that will connect into the start of the current queue and just switch over to the new entry hallway when it's time. Sort of like how they just opened up the new Peter Pan queue one day.

roj2323

A week or two ago I rode a brand new B&M and it was so smooth that it was the best coaster experience I have ever had in my life. The rest of the old rattley Arrows or whatever else were in the park were no fun in comparison. Too bad it is pretty much impossible to a 325 foot lift hill anywhere close to Disney standards.
You really don't need 300ft+ lift hills anymore with the launch systems available. maverick at cedar point Makes an excellent example of a coaster with a launch system.

Next Big Thing

Actually, I think it is a great D Ticket. But given the scale, scope, and cost, I can see where some could consider it an E. Also, because of the lack of any "thrill factor", I can see why some would consider it a C Ticket. I just think it is an amazing combo of tech and ride system to create a great illusion.
I could potentially consider it a D, but it has nothing to do with the actual ride. It's just the experience. The wonderfully detailed queues and the effects used on the King's Cross station to show people "going through the wall". The train is beautifully detailed as well, the actual "ride" though is underwhelming. I thought the in cabin effects would be more intense during the dementor sequence.

doctornick

It's easy enough to have the new building contain hallways that will connect into the start of the current queue and just switch over to the new entry hallway when it's time. Sort of like how they just opened up the new Peter Pan queue one day.

I think the bigger issue is the exit pathway, not the entrance. I would agree that switching the entrance would be relatively trivial, but the exit drops you off on Mickey Ave and it seems likely that the third track would do the same (assuming it opens in advance of TSL which appears very likely). The exits would have to be re-routed somehow to get you to the other side of the building.

ToTBellHop

I think the bigger issue is the exit pathway, not the entrance. I would agree that switching the entrance would be relatively trivial, but the exit drops you off on Mickey Ave and it seems likely that the third track would do the same (assuming it opens in advance of TSL which appears very likely). The exits would have to be re-routed somehow to get you to the other side of the building.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us now board the ride vehicle where unload currently is. The exit old then go over the bridge and out. Otherwise, there will need to be long walkways a built around the outside of the building back to TSL.

DisneyRoy

You really don't need 300ft+ lift hills anymore with the launch systems available. maverick at cedar point Makes an excellent example of a coaster with a launch system.

My absolute favorite coaster!!! Then launch is awesome and the airtime and angles you get are just incredible!!!

msteel

I understand that launches can provide the energy, but that 300 foot 81 degree drop is hard to get without a hill.

msteel

If the Toy Barn is the exit/gift shop, then unload could still be much the same. The main part of the shop could be in the current street where the artwork shows trees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom