Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Magic Feather

Toy Story Land is only a dead end because the other place it's connected to isn't finished construction. It won't stay like that.
Yeah, and once construction is finished, it will become the world's biggest exit!
Question, did we ever find out what was planned for the apparent Woody's Roundup/Al's Toy Barn are near the entrance in the original concept art? I'm assuming Al's was going to be merch, was Woody's going be Meet n Greets? Play area?
Al's was merch. IIRC, Woody's was shallow façades, most likely meet and greets.

BoarderPhreak

What's with the "GO!" hoops at the second launch point... That you can TOUCH? Especially the last one, where you're going faster and this hoop is quite low indeed? That looks like an incident waiting to happen.

Overall, TSL gets a big ol' "meh" from me. I'm sure it's cool, I'll certainly check it out thoroughly... Once.

Bartattack

What's with the "GO!" hoops at the second launch point... That you can TOUCH? Especially the last one, where you're going faster and this hoop is quite low indeed? That looks like an incident waiting to happen.

You cannot touch the 'Go' hoops. There's a lot of room between the hoops and the car... even if you stretch out your arms.

dash.png

ToTBellHop

Overall, TSL gets a big ol' "meh" from me. I'm sure it's cool, I'll certainly check it out thoroughly... Once.
You can't touch them. On the other hand, you've been able to touch the inside of the "blast through a star" finale of Space Mountain for 43 years and we've survived.

My favorite is the drop from the 2nd lift hill on Beast at King's Island...

trainplane3

You can't touch them. On the other hand, you've been able to touch the inside of the "blast through a star" finale of Space Mountain for 43 years and we've survived.

Blast through a star? I always assumed it was supposed to be re-entry? Regardless, it's fun to freak out friends by dragging your hands across the top of that and the first tube.

mj2v

So rode Alien Swirling Saucers....

Beyond the comedic gold of Disney acronyms, it was pretty decent.

We were able to get a tsm fp last minute, so took my daughter.

It was evening, but were they thinking with the lack of shade. It’s great that they ran to Walmart to get some umbrellas, but for God’s sake.

The “land” is ok. Not great, certainly not befitting of a great trilogy of movies.

I was not expecting Pandora, but I would have hoped for a bit more.

The fences and little touches along the way were good. The exit from tsm is improved with theming.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It seems you can; from WDWMagic video in article (start at 1:00):

It may look close, but it's not... when they build a coaster, they will push a car or two around the track with something similar to what is seen below to ensure that all themeing aspects are outside of the clearance envelope for the ride. They would have (should have) ensured that being able to touch this aspect is out of reach.

03-sdmt-clearance-rig.jpg

smile

an all-time fav...
that long gradual decent - by the time you hit the tunnel, you're raging

smile

It may look close, but it's not... when they build a coaster, they will push a car or two around the track with something similar to what is seen below to ensure that all themeing aspects are outside of the clearance envelope for the ride. They would have (should have) ensured that being able to touch this aspect is out of reach.

View attachment 295240

also figured well in advance, but one can never be too careful

great pic

Disney Dad 3000

I know it's stupid, but I'm tall and always feel like I'm going to hit my head on something on SM during the ride.

ToTBellHop

Blast through a star? I always assumed it was supposed to be re-entry? Regardless, it's fun to freak out friends by dragging your hands across the top of that and the first tube.
I think we are going through the sun. Re-entry wouldn't be necessary as we ostensibly launch from a space station. I'd imagine the tunnel under the train track gets us to and from the space-station.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Insiders have been consistent: backstage with CM access only.

Yeah... I realize that for the area actually WITHIN the old Pixar Place, I was more curious how they might make the entrance to Pixar Place feel a bit more permanently blocked off. I mean, I would assume that blue wall is just temporary until a more permanent solution is implemented. It would be nice if however they more permanently block off the entrance was at least nicely themed (or landscaped).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom