Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

andysol

Calling it "bisque" is a bit pretentious, but a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup is as iconic a memory of a Saturday lunch as a kid as I can remember...
It’s still hands down the best thing at beaches and cream.

Some people prefer A.S.S. while others prefer tow truck driver’s junk. I say there’s room for all in America.
I’m definitely an A.S.S. Man.

Disney Analyst

I'm glad to hear the Mr. Potato Head animatronic is returning after being missing for 2 years. I hope they used some of that time to improve his ability to remove and replace his own ear?? They removed that sequence early on because Mr. Potato Head would often drop his ear.

Oh really? Disneyland’s still did it before they started the Pixar Pier redo, and I saw him do it in 2013 and 2014 at DHS.

Fantod

Oh really? Disneyland’s still did it before they started the Pixar Pier redo, and I saw him do it in 2013 and 2014 at DHS.

That is just what a cast member told me, I think it might have been a 2013 visit. Not an authoritative source I know, but I had no reason not to believe them. I've also been a central Florida local since 2014 and never saw the ear removal sequence after many visits between then and when he was removed, but it's possible I was just unlucky.

Disney Analyst

That is just what a cast member told me, I think it might have been a 2013 visit. Not an authoritative source I know, but I had no reason not to believe them. I've also been a central Florida local since 2014 and never saw the ear removal sequence after many visits between then and when he was removed, but it's possible I was just unlucky.

I know for sure I saw it in 2013, but I'm actually not sure if I did in the 2014 visit.

Goofyernmost

I like that it is an admission, by Disney, that FP is a fiasco that apparently causes more problems then it solves. And the old first come first served was then and still is the best system. A few Type A personalities that think that life is a sprint get upset, but, we all have our problems. The fact that FP is necessary is because FP exists. We were all quite happy and had a great time before it raised its ugly head.

Magic Feather

Interesting tidbit-

SDD is only allowing fastpasses as early as 8:40 for an 8am opening and A.S.S. Is only allowing 8:30. This is 70 days out with one person right at opening.

Clearly a move to try to decrease stand by times with the initial wave. Futile effort, but at least they’re trying.
IIRC, They have done this with most additions (I know Pandora was the exception). For instance, I think I recall FEA only recently allowing FP’s that start at opening.

nickys

Premium Member
IIRC, They have done this with most additions (I know Pandora was the exception). For instance, I think I recall FEA only recently allowing FP’s that start at opening.

Yes, pretty sure FPs only started at 11am for quite some time, before opening them at 9am at some point. Maybe 2016 or so????

mikejs78

Premium Member
I like that it is an admission, by Disney, that FP is a fiasco that apparently causes more problems then it solves. And the old first come first served was then and still is the best system. A few Type A personalities that think that life is a sprint get upset, but, we all have our problems. The fact that FP is necessary is because FP exists. We were all quite happy and had a great time before it raised its ugly head.
Here we go again. Just because you don't like FP (and that's fine, I get that), doesn't mean it's a fiasco. I have no idea where you're getting this 'admission' from. You have this myopic view of the past where everyone was happy waiting in line, yet the original paper FP system (not FP+) was designed specifically in response to declining guest satisfaction with the length of the lines, and increased wait times. We can debate forever on whether it has succeeded or not (and from my view of the evidence, it mostly has), but to say that everyone enjoyed waiting in line before FP is just not supported by any evidence except maybe your own personal preferences.

Goofyernmost

You got a quote for that incredulous claim?
Here we go again. Just because you don't like FP (and that's fine, I get that), doesn't mean it's a fiasco. I have no idea where you're getting this 'admission' from. You have this myopic view of the past where everyone was happy waiting in line, yet the original paper FP system (not FP+) was designed specifically in response to declining guest satisfaction with the length of the lines, and increased wait times. We can debate forever on whether it has succeeded or not (and from my view of the evidence, it mostly has), but to say that everyone enjoyed waiting in line before FP is just not supported by any evidence except maybe your own personal preferences.
You guys could win the award for myopic. I have stated that what I post is my opinion over and over and over again. So I make a statement on what their action means in my reality, and instead of telling me and everyone else how it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, you decide to ask me for written proof that what I have seen and experienced over the past 35 years is not legitimate because you don't agree. OK, I guess that is an argument that cannot be won by either of us.

So we will just leave it as I have said it, you can decide that it is correct and quietly nod to yourselves or you can say that you are not in agreement and then stop asking for backup on opinion. It makes you sound a little less then bright. At least if you are able to come up with a good argument about why it is so great. The one about the success of decreasing the length of lines or decreased wait time, I guess that would depend on what line you are in wouldn't it. To be successful it would have to be beneficial to every single person in the attraction line. Right now Ray Charles could see that it isn't true, and one persons heaven is another persons hell. I stick by what I said and until you folks can give ME proof that it is wrong it will stay that way.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I have stated that what I post is my opinion over and over and over again. So I make a statement on what their action means in my reality, and instead of telling me and everyone else how it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, you decide to ask me for written proof that what I have seen and experienced over the past 35 years is not legitimate because you don't agree. OK, I guess that is an argument that cannot be won by either of us.

Is that what you call it?

I call it lying. You lied. Second time I caught you.

Stop making things up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom