Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Fox&Hound

I know it has been discussed but no one in Disney thought twice about Alien Spinner Saucer?!? Between this and Monsters In Laugh Flooor you have to think they are doing it on purpose....

Goofyernmost

I know it has been discussed but no one in Disney thought twice about Alien Spinner Saucer?!? Between this and Monsters In Laugh Flooor you have to think they are doing it on purpose....
You would think that it is almost intentional wouldn't you. Wouldn't surprise me if stuff like that completely escapes the decision makers. Or maybe they think it will cause a lot of publicity.

matt9112

I know I could probably look this up...but isn't the alien ride just maters from DCA?

If so...yikes...by next year there could be riots in MGM Due to ridiculous long waits.

I think it has more tables than California though? I could be wrong but I swore somebody mentioned that. if true technically higher capacity. in any case it's going to be a mad house since regular day guests IMHO see most of the park as tired and empty. hopefully slinky and TSMM are in tier 1 together. force family's to stay back in that pit of children so I can enjoy the rest of the park ;)

matt9112

You would think that it is almost intentional wouldn't you. Wouldn't surprise me if stuff like that completely escapes the decision makers. Or maybe they think it will cause a lot of publicity.

we notice because we are the fan base and talk asbout this stuff 24/7 but think about all the normal random stuff in life that would have a "bad" acronym if it was used.

Goofyernmost

we notice because we are the fan base and talk asbout this stuff 24/7 but think about all the normal random stuff in life that would have a "bad" acronym if it was used.
If MILF hadn't already existed then Alien acronym would be simply and oversite, but, this was mentioned a long time ago. There is no excuse for this except that it is intentional. MILF isn't universally known, however, this one is. Something as simple as Alien Escape Saucers would have worked and made as much sense as Alien Swirling Saucers.

smile

If MILF hadn't already existed then Alien acronym would be simply and oversite, but, this was mentioned a long time ago. There is no excuse for this except that it is intentional. MILF isn't universally known, however, this one is. Something as simple as Alien Escape Saucers would have worked and made as much sense as Alien Swirling Saucers.

imagine what a hoot it would be getting something like that thru approvals

hasn't been changed yet?!
no way it lasts to close out.
wow... it did

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think it has more tables than California though? I could be wrong but I swore somebody mentioned that. if true technically higher capacity. in any case it's going to be a mad house since regular day guests IMHO see most of the park as tired and empty. hopefully slinky and TSMM are in tier 1 together. force family's to stay back in that pit of children so I can enjoy the rest of the park ;)

They both have 8 tables.

matt9112

I don't think potential acronyms is how things should be named..... I guess I just don't read into it as much. sure could they have noticed and changed the name but nobody really cares normal guests and visitors don't identify ANY rides via acronyms furthermore acronyms are not often used in an oral context. for example I'm never going to say let's go over and ride T O T or let's see what the wait time is for RNRC it's only rver used in a text format.

Goofyernmost

I don't think potential acronyms is how things should be named..... I guess I just don't read into it as much. sure could they have noticed and changed the name but nobody really cares normal guests and visitors don't identify ANY rides via acronyms furthermore acronyms are not often used in an oral context. for example I'm never going to say let's go over and ride T O T or let's see what the wait time is for RNRC it's only rver used in a text format.
Except that even Disney uses acronyms in many promotional ways. Even someone not looking for it, will find it. I never gave it a thought until I was looking something up and the MILF acronym was used. It just seems that it would be very simple to not ever have that problem if they really didn't want it to be one.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
What's the capacity for Saucers? 12-1300 riders per hour? It looks to only seat 2 guests - that's kinda puny right!?
Or is it less than that; similar to Mater's Junkyard?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

If milf isn't universally known...they they don't know what they're missing...

...what???...

Brian Swan

No, both rides have two sets of 4 disks; assuming the ride is the same length, the capacity should be identical.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No, both rides have two sets of 4 disks; assuming the ride is the same length, the capacity should be identical.

Well...the one in dca is slow as....well, nevermind.

Look, I don't mind that the rides aren't elaborate...but they sure as hell shouldn't underbuild.

Other than movie ride and tower of terror...the entire park has been underbuilt since day 1...

And it seems they are doing it again - twice - while trying to pump more people in...

erasure fan1

That's an UGLY number in Orlando...not good at all.

They continue to underbuild lands in parks that have been screaming for capacity for 15 years..
I don't think I could agree with this anymore. The whole build the absolute minimum and raise tickets to the maximum has gotten old. Sadly I think the times of large scale people eating rides are all but extinct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom