Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

bclane

By all means geek out.

I understand that a lot of people don’t like this land and I fully admit it’s no Star Wars Land, but I do think it looks pretty decent. I like the shrunken down to the size of toys theme and at least based on concept art the FL version will be superior to the other Toy Story Lands.
Yah, I wish everything was going to be up to the Pandora/Star Wars Land standard going forward, but I also understand that just isn't realistic. And I know my 4 yr old nephew is gonna lose his fool mind over TSL. His eyes are gonna bug out when he sees Slinky dog for the first time! I definitely get the "what could have been" side and I would have made different choices had I been in charge. I've just decided that I'm not gonna let any of that stuff ruin my joy over what we are getting. :)

Movielover

By all means geek out.

I understand that a lot of people don’t like this land and I fully admit it’s no Star Wars Land, but I do think it looks pretty decent. I like the shrunken down to the size of toys theme and at least based on concept art the FL version will be superior to the other Toy Story Lands.

I vaguely remember visiting Disney's MGM Studios for the first time when I was a super youngling. One of the things that really stuck with me was playing in the Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playset, just thinking how awesome and fun it was to think that I was really shrunk down and in the movie. If this land can replicate that feeling for today's children then it will be more than a success.

bclane

I vaguely remember visiting Disney's MGM Studios for the first time when I was a super youngling. One of the things that really stuck with me was playing in the Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playset, just thinking how awesome and fun it was to think that I was really shrunk down and in the movie. If this land can replicate that feeling for today's children then it will be more than a success.
Yeah man. I had that same feeling in the Swiss Family Treehouse when I was a kid. I remember truly believing it was a real tree and being blown away by the whole thing. I would have moved in if I could have! I wanted my dad to build us a house just like it and went through this phase where I would picture treehouses in every giant tree I saw.

DisneyDodo

A playground made of giant toys could’ve been a great addition to TSL for the kids and wouldn’t have costed too much, at least compared to a ride. Not sure where they would have put it, but I’m sure they could have moved some things around to make it fit

GoofGoof

Premium Member
A playground made of giant toys could’ve been a great addition to TSL for the kids and wouldn’t have costed too much, at least compared to a ride. Not sure where they would have put it, but I’m sure they could have moved some things around to make it fit
I am kinda surprised that they didn’t include something like that since they removed the other play area. You may be right that it was a lack of space based on the other things they wanted to add. The coaster takes up a lot of space.

DHSCM

The thing I want to point out is in the concept art for the QSFB you can see the lightbulbs hanging as the same in Hong Kong, but in the model at Walt Disney Presents there are no lightbulbs hanging, does anyone know if they will later add the christmas lights?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The thing I want to point out is in the concept art for the QSFB you can see the lightbulbs hanging as the same in Hong Kong, but in the model at Walt Disney Presents there are no lightbulbs hanging, does anyone know if they will later add the christmas lights?
Are there other light posts in the model or concept art? I assume those lights provide theming but also the practical purpose of lighting some of the place at night.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Yeah man. I had that same feeling in the Swiss Family Treehouse when I was a kid. I remember truly believing it was a real tree and being blown away by the whole thing. I would have moved in if I could have! I wanted my dad to build us a house just like it and went through this phase where I would picture treehouses in every giant tree I saw.
I’m 50 years old, and I still dream of living in the Swiss Family Treehouse. I’ve already called dibs on this room:

2765CDAF-4306-40A4-8533-F088DF41E09A.jpeg

Jones14

Jesse and Rex figures spotted offsite getting ready for transport to WDW
Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like Jesse’s feet are attached to a mechanism of some sort.

Are the characters seen from the track going to have movement of some sort? I was under the impression that they would all be static figures.

bclane

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like Jesse’s feet are attached to a mechanism of some sort.

Are the characters seen from the track going to have movement of some sort? I was under the impression that they would all be static figures.
Not gonna hold my breath but it does look like there could be something going on there. My guess would be very simple movement if anything. But if those turned out to be animatronics of some kind that do anything more than very slight movement my head might just explode.

Vesty

Probably just where she connects to the supports under the block covers. Looks like she's being held up by a crane and they're still bolting her down.

disnyfan89

In the photo it appears to me that Jessie is being lowered on to her support structure and my guess is the "mechanism" is just exposed connectors to the figure's feet that will be covered up once she is attached.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom