Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Rich T

Waiting in line in blistering heat to buy overpriced fast food from a giant lunchbox and then finding no seating... sounds like a magical vacation moment to me! :D

I like the Cootie, though.

Jahona

My take away is that Hollywood studios really doesn't need another outdoor quick service location. ABC Commissary and Pizza Rizzo's are the only ones and they can fill up pretty quickly.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
My take away is that Hollywood studios really doesn't need another outdoor quick service location. ABC Commissary and Pizza Rizzo's are the only ones and they can fill up pretty quickly.

Kind of wish they made that Indiana Jones themed restaurant in HS and just expanded Indiana Jones at the park into a land with the other two attractions + the current show! Would've been a hit, I think! Especially since they're rebooting the franchise soon.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Don't use the bathrooms in Toy Story Land... you'll get cooties!!

upload_2017-10-24_18-1-36.png

bclane

Don't use the bathrooms in Toy Story Land... you'll get cooties!!

View attachment 239899
Cooties! Noooooo!

Honestly, that artwork looks fantastic to me and I am just so excited for this new land. I know they could have done more, and I wish they would have given us the terrain coaster that was originally designed, but I am loving this artwork. Hopefully it actually looks like that when it's all said and done.

Casper Gutman

Cooties! Noooooo!

Honestly, that artwork looks fantastic to me and I am just so excited for this new land. I know they could have done more, and I wish they would have given us the terrain coaster that was originally designed, but I am loving this artwork. Hopefully it actually looks like that when it's all said and done.
We know what it's going to look like because they've already built it twice. Hong Kong Disneyland, for instance, has almost exactly the same bathroom structure as the one pictured above.

bclane

We know what it's going to look like because they've already built it twice. Hong Kong Disneyland, for instance, has almost exactly the same bathroom structure as the one pictured above.

Oh man I hope that isn't true. Here is a pic of the Hong Kong DL bathroom and it looks like absolute rubbish compared to the artwork posted above for DHS.
HK ToyStoryLand.jpg

I mean seriously, that looks like trash! But if they do give us what is in the artwork it would be amazing. I mean just look at those giant Cooties! :joyfull:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Actually the concept art does have a few more details than the Hong Kong version like the boys and girls blocks and the cooties. That could be what he was talking about. The building itself looks like it’s a very similar size and shape.

Hong Kong:
EAFEA6BD-133C-45D8-A1F2-FDFF2EC4584A.jpeg

sedati

Imagining what could be done with the food here. Kid's can have "unique" tastes, and I think there's an opportunity to offer some one-of-a-kind creation here. Something Andy created, like a really bizzarre (but tasty) sandwich or snack. Also, based on the artwork I'm going to assume they'll offer that Woody themed thermos as a souvenir cup.

bclane

Actually the concept art does have a few more details than the Hong Kong version like the boys and girls blocks and the cooties. That could be what he was talking about. The building itself looks like it’s a very similar size and shape.

Hong Kong:
View attachment 239919
Definitely. Of course I admit I do tend to overly geek out about some of this stuff but that Hong Kong version looks very different to me than the DHS artwork. I will be SOOOOOO disappointed if we get the HK version.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Definitely. Of course I admit I do tend to overly geek out about some of this stuff but that Hong Kong version looks very different to me than the DHS artwork. I will be SOOOOOO disappointed if we get the HK version.
By all means geek out.

I understand that a lot of people don’t like this land and I fully admit it’s no Star Wars Land, but I do think it looks pretty decent. I like the shrunken down to the size of toys theme and at least based on concept art the FL version will be superior to the other Toy Story Lands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom