Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kman101

I think it would be a much better argument if the coaster theming wasn't downgraded from the announcement. I'm getting vibes of mine train all over again.

I don't think it's terrible but I don't love exposed coaster that much either. I think it'll be more fun than expected. I wish they hadn't cut down on the theming either, it was already bare enough. At least mine train has animatronics and a show scene (two) and a mountain landscape. This will be as bare as it gets but I agree it gives off the same vibe. Seems like this is a slightly better barnstormer which is what I'd compare it to, and DHS can use a family coaster. I'd have preferred the Monsters Door coaster but I'm not as down on this land as some. The space could be used better ...

donaldtoo

Just like Storybook Circus is Magic Kindgom's Dinorama! ;)

And for the others: It's exposed because it's a boy's make-shift rollercoaster he made in his back yard with the slinky dog as the cars of the coaster. You want to yell at the boy for not putting the coaster indoors with state of the art theming?

No. I want to yell at Disney for using that lame backstory to cheap out...!!! :hilarious: ;)

sunsetblvd26

And for the others: It's exposed because it's a boy's make-shift rollercoaster he made in his back yard with the slinky dog as the cars of the coaster. You want to yell at the boy for not putting the coaster indoors with state of the art theming?
He should have taken out his clay modeling set and sculpted rock work for it! It's not a real coaster if it isn't built into a mountain! ;)

roj2323

The decorative concrete walkways inside the ride path is an interesting development. I don't quite see how these can be guest pathways as usually pathways under rollercoasters are avoided where possible due to the potential of falling debris from passing trains. That said, it's clear that these pathways are for something more.

Last edited:

WDWbuff2001

The decorative concrete walkways inside the ride path is an interesting development. I don't quite see how these can be guest pathways as usually pathways under rollercoasters is avoided where possible due to the potential of falling debris from passing trains. That said, it's clear that these pathways are for something more.

Like what?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The decorative concrete walkways inside the ride path is an interesting development. I don't quite see how these can be guest pathways as usually pathways under rollercoasters is avoided where possible due to the potential of falling debris from passing trains. That said, it's clear that these pathways are for something more.

Not sure what they are for but I would be surprised if they were guest walkways.

donaldtoo

What should they have built instead? And since he liked your post @marni1971

I'm not sure about the exact attraction, as I am not a Disney Imagineer, and wasn't in on any "blue sky" discussions in regards to such. But, no matter how you slice it, this is just not up to par for what those of us who have been around a while were used to seeing from TWDC P&R.
Again, that's their job, not mine, and any of us can call them on it anytime we want. I'm not trying to stir the pot. I just, honestly, think they could have done much better. They have done so sooo many times in the past. They set the standard...they need to, at very least, keep it up...but, they should be extending it. Who would not agree with that?
That damn Walt, setting the standards so high...!!!!!!! :mad: ;)

Macca250

Like many on here, I've had the (dis)pleasure of visiting Toy Story Playland in WDS. When I first heard the announcement that DHS would be getting its own version, I let out a loud, exasperated groan. However, the slinky dog coaster (with all its minimalist, scaffolding glory) is at the very least an upgrade to this area's portfolio compared to the Paris offering. Seriously, their "Playland" is a step away from taking the "worst land" award from Chester and Hester!

Ps: the above reference to Dinoland is in no way a reflection on DINOSAUR, it's a reference to the thematic car crash of a land that it sits within :banghead:

CaptainAmerica

Like many on here, I've had the (dis)pleasure of visiting Toy Story Playland in WDS. When I first heard the announcement that DHS would be getting its own version, I let out a loud, exasperated groan. However, the slinky dog coaster (with all its minimalist, scaffolding glory) is at the very least an upgrade to this area's portfolio compared to the Paris offering. Seriously, their "Playland" is a step away from taking the "worst land" award from Chester and Hester!

Ps: the above reference to Dinoland is in no way a reflection on DINOSAUR, it's a reference to the thematic car crash of a land that it sits within :banghead:
This is technically incorrect. DINOSAUR does not sit within Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama. They both sit within Dinoland, USA. Chester and Hester's is not a land any more than Storybook Circus is a land.

No Name

The problem is that the story is an excuse. Doesn't matter that it's outdoors and exposed... it looks absolutely nothing like a make-shift roller coaster that a boy made in his backyard. It looks like a typical steel roller coaster you'd find at another park, with typical track, typical supports, launch equipment, etc. If Disney wanted to sell the story and make it look better, they could've at least dressed up the supports. But they didn't and they aren't going to.

It will look like a coaster built by Six Flags, not by a child.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom