Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

HMF

There is bigger different between studio affiliation and theme.
The theme of the Park is the Disney Studios itself and it's many subsidiaries. It makes sense, It's straightforward and it's not contrived. We don't have to pretend we are in a backyard when we are clearly not.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The theme of the Park is the Disney Studios itself and it's many subsidiaries. It makes sense, It's straightforward and it's not contrived. We don't have to pretend we are in a backyard when we are clearly not.

I guess we just don't see eye to eye on this. I just think grouping movies based on the arbitrary decision of which studio made them is lazy and uncreative.

invader

Jumbled studios IP lands is more lazy and bleak than what they are doing now.

HMF

Jumbled studios IP lands is more lazy and bleak than what they are doing now.
Whatever keeps them out of Epcot which is a much more critical concern right now. Besides the theme is supposed to be the "Movie Business" That's what it was designed to be and deviating from that will only cause more headaches.

Last edited:

Nickels5

Honestly, I don't think that is the point. I wish we had more insight on their planning process. It just seems like Disney does not plan for the future. At some point, IP lands become irrelevant. We will probably end up with Toy Story 10 to make sure the land stays relevant.
That is the point with HMF if you read his posts, not just in this thread but in all of them everything he says is negative where he just comes off complaining not too mention he hasn't stepped foot in WDW in over a decade but yet he thinks he has the ability to judge things because he sees a youtube video of it? Its foolish, I do agree some IP's don't have the staying power necessary to make them into their own mini land, I don't have the worry with Toy Story but I do worry about the content inside the land,

Phicinfan

Whatever keeps them out of Epcot which is a much more critical concern right now. Besides the theme is supposed to be the "Movie Business" That's what it was designed to be and deviating from that will only cause more headaches.
no, the theme of the park was a working studio. To date we still don't know what the driving theme will be at DHS, nor how the lands tie together. Perhaps patience instead of panic may be the answer here.

I will add, if done correctly(yeah I know....) I would LOVE to go into Andy's back yard and be incorporated into that space. I don't want a cookie cutter Pixar land that just throws movie IP rides all willy nilly. No thanks.

kthomas105

The park is called Disney's Hollywood STUDIOS.
Here is what I would do.
Animation Courtyard- which would be themed to the Hyperion Avenue Studio
Pixar Studios- All Pixar
Lucasfilm -Star Wars and Indy
Muppets Studio_Muppets Courtyard.
Solve the parks identity problems in a FAR more efficient way.

I realize his opinion is not the most popular on here but you have to admit that there have been far worse proposals for the park and overall thematically it fits the best for what Disney seems to be doing these days. It would allow for a designated space for the latest and greatest IP to be plugged into a park without creating themeing issues in other parks or lands. If you look back this is kind of what Disney has been doing up to this point just without significant investment behind it. I mean where does a Monsters inc ride fit within the current themed lands and parks that Disney has? I realize that it is currently in DCA and tomorrowland in WDW but in all honesty nobody really thinks that that is a good fit thematically.

Here's hoping for "Hollywoodland" Where you can experience the magic of the movies!

Whether that's how movies are made, movie history, experiencing the world of your favorite movies, old timey Hollywood etc.
I don't think that's a huge stretch. However I do like HMF's idea of the lands being different STUDIOS. makes sense to me.

huwar18

That is the point with HMF if you read his posts, not just in this thread but in all of them everything he says is negative where he just comes off complaining not too mention he hasn't stepped foot in WDW in over a decade but yet he thinks he has the ability to judge things because he sees a youtube video of it? Its foolish, I do agree some IP's don't have the staying power necessary to make them into their own mini land, I don't have the worry with Toy Story but I do worry about the content inside the land,

I see. I was looking at the thread in general. Lets hope this is just the first step of change at Hollywood Studios.

HMF

Last time I checked 9 years was not "Over a decade" Also, When I like something I am very generous with praise. I don't go out of my way looking for negativity, It usually finds me.

HMF

Well when you do like something, let us know, I don't remember that EVER happening....
I have been generally fair to New Fantasyland, Pointing out it's strengths and weaknesses. Even Toy Story Land I can't make a final judgement on, yet. I just think the concept is lame. Also I have lavished nothing but praise for the enhancements to Carousel of Progress and am excited to see how tomorrowland looks in a few years.

Casper Gutman

How can you possibly be so full of yourself, that you think you have the right to comment on something that you have never experienced or seen in person. Just stop.

Of course he has the "right to comment." And you have the right to disagree with him on the merits of his argument. You also have the right to try to dismiss his arguments without engaging by attacking him personally, which is what you tend to do - you have that right, but it's intellectually dishonest and unappealing.

Really - coming on a message board and challenging someone's right to comment. Awesome.

Ripken10

Not really considering Toy Story Mania's still gonna be open. I'm just surprised they're gonna completatly remove that entire road.
Not really "removing an entire road". Toy Story Land is going where backstage was, and now what is Pixar Place would become backstage. Basically, the way it is laid out, one can't happen without the other.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Of course he has the "right to comment." And you have the right to disagree with him on the merits of his argument. You also have the right to try to dismiss his arguments without engaging by attacking him personally, which is what you tend to do - you have that right, but it's intellectually dishonest and unappealing.

Really - coming on a message board and challenging someone's right to comment. Awesome.
So you think it's ok for a person that hasn't even been to WDW in 9 years, to comment on something he has never experienced or seen? As he does ALL over these forums? He is the one being dishonest and unappealing - as you are for defending him.

So no - I do NOT believe he has the right to comment on something until he has done something other than watch a youtube video, and listened to all the crap expounded by naysayers around here. Once he has visited all of the areas that he claims to know and love (which he has NEVER seen in person), then he can come here and yell and scream about how it all sucks then.

ETA: And why do you feel the need to defend him? You don't think he can do that on his own?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom