• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

HMF

I would put TSL above Chester and Hesters but below Storybook Circus. (Which might not have much of a shelf life left considering recent events.
With Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey shutting down. It is very likely the next generation of kids won't know what a Circus is. @Eddie Sotto, more or less forecasted this back when Storybook Circus was first announced.

clemmo

Advertisement
I hope DAK gets something especially a major overhaul of dinorama or an expansion but I highly doubt anything would be looked at to open within this decade 2017-2027. Hopefully I'm wrong but with Epcot needing work and DHS probably needing more after SWL and TSL I just doubt they'll get to DAK

HMF

Kids don't know what a stock & pillory is, that doesn't stop one from being in Liberty Square.
True, but the entire land of Liberty Square does not revolve around certain props. Storybook Circus is not a strong enough concept to me to be worth saving and the fact that the next generation will not know what a circus is just drives home that point. Keep in mind it is supposed to be MK's "Kids Area".

hpyhnt 1000

I'd be surprised if nothing's happened by 2027.
I see this in sort of two ways:
  • If Avatarland is a big success and brings in the crowds, AK is going to be in dire need of even more ride capacity. The park still doesn't have enough on a good day, and especially so in the evenings and during inclement weather.
  • If Avatarland isn't a big hit, then Disney is going to need to add something else or risk AK getting left behind (again) as MK, Epcot, and DHS all get their new attractions and/or expansions.
Either way, it's a win. Doubly so if it means Dinorama finally gets tossed into the dustbin where it belongs. :D

Matt_Black

True, but the entire land of Liberty Square does not revolve around certain props. Storybook Circus is not a strong enough concept to me to be worth saving and the fact that the next generation will not know what a circus is just drives home that point. Keep in mind it is supposed to be MK's "Kids Area".
Oh, if only there were a beloved children's movie that endures throughout the generations!

Kman101

Well, it's more themed to Dumbo, which centers around a circus, and they're giving us a live action version no one seems to be asking for ... but I get what you're saying. However it's going to be a long time before the circus is out of the minds of folks. JMO. I don't like the land either, apart from the train station, so I'm not defending it, and it seems a lot of wasted space that should have been used better, they were just lazy and wanted to save the circus tents from Toontown Faire. (And instead of a water play area they could have copied the Casey Jr. Circus Train ride ...)

Goofyernmost

Starting to take down the walkway?
I've not seen any plans for this but, I'm not sure that there would be any need to take down the walkway bridge unless they are tearing down a building it is attached to. It's not like anyone is going to bump their head on it walking under it and it would make a good base for a creative entry to Toy Story Land. Someone may know if they are going tear it down, I'm just thinking out loud (in print).

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Starting to take down the walkway?
I've not seen any plans for this but, I'm not sure that there would be any need to take down the walkway bridge unless they are tearing down a building it is attached to. It's not like anyone is going to bump their head on it walking under it and it would make a good base for a creative entry to Toy Story Land. Someone may know if they are going tear it down, I'm just thinking out loud (in print).
Walkway and "studio" 4 should both be going. Sadly but that's just me.

Top Bottom