Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

DHSCM

Curious to see if the Pixar Studios section of DHS will be rolled into TSL. It would make the most sense from my perspective since it is, after all, the entrance to Toy Story Mania.
uhm ya its confirmed it will. The backside of MWM will become the entrance side and the current side will become backstage

Next Big Thing

Yes. Until they leveled everything in the back half of the park. Now there will be no explanation for the bizarre organization back there. There are ways they could have thought outside the box here, but it would be costly.
Is there any proposal good enough (past or present) that could be presented that would have Disney willing to move that parking garage and bulldoze the animation building? Has it ever even been brought up? @marni1971

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is there any proposal good enough (past or present) that could be presented that would have Disney willing to move that parking garage and bulldoze the animation building? Has it ever even been brought up? @marni1971
There was a long term proposal for the whole animation area as a phase 4 when SWL was going in the parking lot.

Next Big Thing

There was a long term proposal for the whole animation area as a phase 4 when SWL was going in the parking lot.
That whole area really needs/deserves it. This isn't a working studio anymore, it's time to get rid of spaces that were originally intended for studio use.

In this proposal, did it call for removal of the parking garage do you know? That thing just bothers the hell out of me being there when Disney has so much land they could be using literally right across the street.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In this proposal, did it call for removal of the parking garage do you know? That thing just bothers the hell out of me being there when Disney has so much land they could be using literally right across the street.
That I don't know. Given the new backdrop is doesn't look like it's going anywhere soon. It's still used by those working in the animation offices amongst others though why go to the hassle of building a large new CM lot if it won't be used by all CMs.

One things for sure. If they need the space they'll use it but It'll be a hell of a big area to be used if that and Animation go.

Last edited:

flyerjab

This should be where the Mickey ride is going and a few other new rides as an extension of Animation Courtyard.

Man, I could not agree more vociferously with this point. The Animation Courtyard is exactly where the new Mickey ride should be going. I still believe that the slow reinvention of this park needed the GMR to remain, albeit with an incredible amount of plussing/refurbing. Even though this park is no longer about creating movies, it is still about Hollywood and living within movies. Tell me how the GMR does not fit into that concept and help tie this more loosely focused theme park together.

jhendrix

Since Mickey will (most likely) be steamboating into the Great Movie Ride...will the Chinese Theater remain? Or will it be turned into something else, say, a Steamboat, or....a Sorcerer's hat... o_O

Haymarket2008

Is it possible, because the Mickey ride is going into GMR instead of the Animation Courtyard, that they have bigger plans in place for that area?

UpAllNight

They have several plans. If any come to fruition is down to the usual factors.

Genuinely intrigued as to why after so many lean years stateside there's suddenly rumours floating around here there and everywhere...what has changed? Shanghai finished? Chapek wanting to make his mark?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Genuinely intrigued as to why after so many lean years stateside there's suddenly rumours floating around here there and everywhere...what has changed? Shanghai finished? Chapek wanting to make his mark?
There's been a realisation over the last few years of just how much needed to be done.

You can only defer new things and long needed overhauls for so long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom