Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Atomicmickey

Best guess is some sort of mural that serves as a back drop.

I think I saw, somewhere, a large blue picket fence? Wracking my brain trying to remember
where but I had it in my mind it would be giant fencing . . .

Edit: Yes, I think that's what I thought from this video . .

Edit Edit: Looks like the blue fence is more on the backside of TSM, and there's some other Slinky Dog graphic by the parking garage. The "box" that the coaster parts come out of, perhaps?

Last edited:

DDLand

I think I saw, somewhere, a large blue picket fence? Wracking my brain trying to remember
where but I had it in my mind it would be giant fencing . . .

Edit: Yes, I think that's what I thought from this video . .

Edit Edit: Looks like the blue fence is more on the backside of TSM, and there's some other Slinky Dog graphic by the parking garage. The "box" that the coaster parts come out of, perhaps?

Watching that reminds me of how awful the sightlines are going to be. Just terrible. The parking garage is still peeking out in that rendering along with the animation building. You'll also get to see the beautiful soundstages and the Chinese Theatre too.

Highly Immersive.

I never knew Andy lived near the Chinese Theatre, or does he own the Chinese Theatre play set?

Last edited:

G00fyDad

I figured it would be a fence. It might be nice to make it a bit of a forced perspective thing so they can have the top of the fence without it looking like the fence is just flowerbed fencing.

truecoat

Watching that reminds me of how awful the sightlines are going to be. Just terrible. The parking garage is still peeking out in that rendering along with the animation building. You'll also get to see the beautiful soundstages and the Chinese Theatre too.

Highly Immersive.

I never knew Andy lived near the Chinese Theatre, or does he own the Chinese Theatre play set?

True, it's going to be hard to spin this one if the supports and track are just straight out roller coaster. You can say Andy built a toy roller coaster in his backyard all you want but if it looks a lot like the video, it's a hard sell theme wise. I guess it's still a step up from Chester and Hesters?

Brian Swan

I thought Alien SS was going to be like a teacup ride? What kind of ride is this exactly? Any idea on potential capacity? Do the two sections not connect?
Google Mater's Junkyard in DCA - this ride is a clone, with different theming. The two sides are actually 2 separate rides; on each ride, the vehicles kind of figure-8 from one disk to the next. I've been on it at DCA; a LOT more fun than the teacups.

lazyboy97o

I figured it would be a fence. It might be nice to make it a bit of a forced perspective thing so they can have the top of the fence without it looking like the fence is just flowerbed fencing.
Forced perspective is not something that just gets plopped on to something. The only real option would a picket fence where the pickets are slight parallelograms instead of rectangles. That though requires spacing between pickets, therefore working against the initial objective of screen the parking garage.

G00fyDad

Forced perspective is not something that just gets plopped on to something. The only real option would a picket fence where the pickets are slight parallelograms instead of rectangles. That though requires spacing between pickets, therefore working against the initial objective of screen the parking garage.

Good point. I haven't thought about the increased space between the boards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom