Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

CinematicFusion

Oh it very much is. Disregarding attractions since there's no direct comparison, the art, theming, visuals and landscape is virtually identical to the land in Paris.

In regards to theme yes. Didn't know that is what you were objecting to. Theme doesn't bother me. I thought you were referring to level of entertainment. I have twin girls who are 3.5 years old. I think they will enjoy this part of the park.
My opinion, if the coaster is a success....land will be a success. We shall see. I'm of positive mind at the moment. Hey, we have something to talk about again. Something is better then nothing.

Great videos by the way, I enjoyed the films you put together on WDW past.

Fox&Hound

Then they really shouldn't try and promote it as something to get excited and worked up about if it's simply going to be something no "less than many of the lands in MK". Why not really put the Imagineers to work on a new and creative kind of attraction to give the public? Re-theming rides based on already-existing rides in the other parks just smacks of laziness to me.

All of this negativity just sounds like the teachers from "Peanuts" "wah wah wah wah wah wah". We get it, you aren't impressed even though you have not seen anything built or ridden it.....Why not choose optimism? Try it, you might like it =)

jensenrick

From her description for the Slinky Coaster, "you'll see Jessie, rex and other friends who will trigger things as you go by," I imagine that means show rooms! Which means AA's! Hopefully they'll learn a lesson from seven dwarfs and make more show rooms and a ride that lasts a few minutes... Toystory playland will be the perfect family balance to a more adult/ boy centric Star Wars. Now the question is how does this fit into the DHS theme.... We have old hollowood, Star Wars and Toy Story...

Oh my gosh, I hadn't heard that about Jessie, Rex, etc.- now I'm even more excited. I do recall some had suggested the parachutes might be one of the interactive elements- that would be awesome as well.

ToTBellHop

All of this negativity just sounds like the teachers from "Peanuts" "wah wah wah wah wah wah". We get it, you aren't impressed even though you have not seen anything built or ridden it.....Why not choose optimism? Try it, you might like it =)
I agree. I am working under the assumption that we will end up with more than four new attractions, which I think is a very safe bet. This is a wonderful first glimpse at the DHS redo to me.

jensenrick

I know, right? Of course, in a way, it makes it easy. Anyone whose consistent reply to any thought of improvement is "don't care, I hate it" is just SO easy to add to the ignore list.

captainmoch

I'm sort of 'meh' on the pair of expansions. I love the concept art of both expansions, but in the end, it's 25 acres for 4 rides, and it's between 3 & 5 years away (minimum). And... that's really before the accountaneers get their pencil sharpeners revved up.
Well technically, it's 25 acres for 6 rides. TSMM and Star Tours will be part of these areas/acres. And who knows what types of shows/other things we may get in those two lands.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From the maps I've seen, neither ST nor TSMM are included in the 25 acres.

TSMM is going to be part of the new TSL, but it is not clear whether Disney is counting it in the 11 acres. Star Tours has not been mentioned at all. It could end up adjacent to the land, rethemed to be part of the land, left in it's own island sepeate from the land or re-themed to something else. We just don't know yet. Either way these rides would be a small part of the whole acreage. TSMM plus the Soundstage one building where the third track is going is only about 1 acre

The Empress Lilly

Oh it very much is. Disregarding attractions since there's no direct comparison, the art, theming, visuals and landscape is virtually identical to the land in Paris.
And that is a pretty stiff contender for title of worst land in any Disney park.

Toy Story Land is to Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard what the All-stars are to classic Poly. Why oh why is WDI ran by people who think the height of clever theming is 'make oversized everyday objects, so the people will think they have shrank!'

Bairstow

With everything we know, Slinky is not just a retheme of Barnnstormer.

It would probably be more accurate to say that nothing we currently know suggests that SlinkyDog will be anywhere as small and cheap as Barnstormer and that the Barnstormer comparisons are born wholly out of people's general trend toward cynicism and a pervading assumption that everything Disney builds in Florida inevitably becomes smaller and cheaper.

Cmdr_Crimson

I've wonder for years, what is that catwalk anyway? Is it part of the original walking tour (when the backstage tour was two hours)? Is it a backstage area? Does it even have a function anymore or is it just some remnant from an earlier time (can anyone even get in there or is sealed at both sides with all the changes done to the buildings)?

Yes it is a part of the Original tour. The soundstages used for TSM is where The New Mickey Mouse Club was filmed and as you continued to walk onto the catwalk it entered where the Narnia/Sparrow attraction was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom