Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kman101

If they couldn't give us a full TSL, then I'm not sure why they're bothering at this point, if even basic theming and static figures were cut. And folks wonder why we're so hard on them?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If they couldn't give us a full TSL, then I'm not sure why they're bothering at this point, if even basic theming and static figures were cut. And folks wonder why we're so hard on them?

maybe they still believe the finished product will be very cool...

Kman101

maybe they still believe the finished product will be very cool...

I'm sure it will be good enough. I was a supporter of the land initially, quite vocally so, but I'm tired of everything being "good enough" and them putting in the bare minimum while cutting everything they can and raising prices. Why is this OK?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm sure it will be good enough. I was a supporter of the land initially, quite vocally so, but I'm tired of everything being "good enough" and them putting in the bare minimum while cutting everything they can and raising prices. Why is this OK?

I never said good enough was acceptable. For me, I will wait until I see the finished product before finalizing my decision. Not a fan of the adjustments they have made so far, but I will let it play out...

Next Big Thing

The Studios have always had an awkward guest flow. Guess that will continue.
That's mostly because it wasn't originally designed as a full on theme park. It was supposed to be that you were experiencing the movies being made and how they got made with lots of production on the backlot. Unfortunately for Disney, they never ended up getting as much production as they thought they would.

Mike S

Because it's an area for "families" with "young kids" don'tcha know.

What? Areas like this have been done before and way better? What? Another "family area" could open about two years after this one with more than just carnival rides and be impressive for older people just as much as the kids? Well, um, DISNEY MAGIC!!!

Thank god for Avatar and Star Wars...

Kman101

Because it's an area for "families" with "young kids" don'tcha know.

What? Areas like this have been done before and way better? What? Another "family area" could open about two years after this one with more than just carnival rides and be impressive for older people just as much as the kids? Well, um, DISNEY MAGIC!!!

Thank god for Avatar and Star Wars...

I hope Nintendo delivers because so many are putting their eggs in that basket.

The problem is, Disney has nothing to prove (which I disagree with). Universal does and it's why they put in the effort. Unfortunately, we can already see them slacking ever so slightly (let's not have this be a debate, just an observation).

I was for the land because Hollywood Studios needs (yes that's subjective) flat rides and more things for a family to do. I find it hilarious though that so many were "nooo Cars Land" and now that's what I keep seeing pop us as something that should have gone in the back of the park.

The "expansion" of DHS is the disappointment most here expected it to be.

Kman101

I never said good enough was acceptable. For me, I will wait until I see the finished product before finalizing my decision. Not a fan of the adjustments they have made so far, but I will let it play out...

Sorry, wasn't actually implying you, I like your posts and you come off as sane about things, so I didn't mean to lump you in ... I agree to let it play out but it just ... bugs me, LOL. It just seems so problematic of the bigger picture.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Sorry, wasn't actually implying you, I like your posts and you come off as sane about things, so I didn't mean to lump you in ... I agree to let it play out but it just ... bugs me, LOL. It just seems so problematic of the bigger picture.

I am sane? That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on this forum. lol

But, yeah, I understand why it bugs you and others. It is annoying to see an original intent and have it changed for what seems to be the worse (on the surface at least). I just hope even with some of these limitations, we can still get a good final product. I always say TSL as an effort to balance out the park a bit. But that doesn't mean that they still shouldn't be able to do something cool with it.

brb1006

I don't understand the love for Monstropolis. I haven't seen the film in a while, but is it really as suitable for an immersive experience as say Radiator Springs, or is it just an attachment for the characters? When I think of Monstropolis, I think of basically Streets of America inhabited by monsters. Nothing terribly breathtaking.
This scene is just asking for an actual attraction at HS.

brb1006

And even if you aren't a coaster person, just seeing the massive Monsters Incorporated building would be breathtaking on its own IMO. And I feel like a Monstropolis has a lot more attraction ability than one might think at first... There's the Door Coaster as the e ticket of course, I could see a nice d or c ticket dark ride that tours MU campus or something like that, they could clone the DCA dark ride (if it doesn't conflict with the Door Coaster's story), the Laugh Floor could be relocated, and lastly, the world's next most incredible animatronic theatrical event- Put That Thing Back Where It Came From Or So Help Me: The Musical!

:p

Seriously, I would love a Monstropolis, and yeah while it is 'just a city', I still think it would be an incredibly fun environment to explore. Plus MI is my favorite Disney movie so there's that little bias too :D

I wouldn't clone the DCA attraction but based more on the one at Tokyo Disneyland. Look how amazing the animatronics are compared to the static ones at DCA.

Mike S

I hope Nintendo delivers because so many are putting their eggs in that basket.
Just in case, I got my torch and pitchfork.
I was for the land because Hollywood Studios needs (yes that's subjective) flat rides and more things for a family to do. I find it hilarious though that so many were "nooo Cars Land" and now that's what I keep seeing pop us as something that should have gone in the back of the park.
All I wanted was a Fantasyland-like Pixar area with nice dark rides. Was that too much to ask?

Kman101

Just in case, I got my torch and pitchfork.

All I wanted was a Fantasyland-like Pixar area with nice dark rides. Was that too much to ask?

Same and same.

What we really should have gotten was Monsters Inc. taking over the Streets of America area, Cars Land taking over the backlot, Toy Story taking over where it's going, Animation Courtyard getting a total overhaul (Big Hero 6, WiR), Star Wars expanding into the parking lot where Indy/Star Tours is, a new show to replace Mermaid, a new show to replace B&TB ... I mean, it's not that hard.

And in the very beginning it seemed like we actually could have gotten all of that so ... what happened?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom