Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Herbie

I don't understand the love for Monstropolis. I haven't seen the film in a while, but is it really as suitable for an immersive experience as say Radiator Springs, or is it just an attachment for the characters? When I think of Monstropolis, I think of basically Streets of America inhabited by monsters. Nothing terribly breathtaking.

Rteetz

I don't understand the love for Monstropolis. I haven't seen the film in a while, but is it really as suitable for an immersive experience as say Radiator Springs, or is it just an attachment for the characters? When I think of Monstropolis, I think of basically Streets of America inhabited by monsters. Nothing terribly breathtaking.
The thought of a door coaster is incredibly exciting to me. I would be happy with just that attraction.

DinoInstitute

The thought of a door coaster is incredibly exciting to me. I would be happy with just that attraction.
And even if you aren't a coaster person, just seeing the massive Monsters Incorporated building would be breathtaking on its own IMO. And I feel like a Monstropolis has a lot more attraction ability than one might think at first... There's the Door Coaster as the e ticket of course, I could see a nice d or c ticket dark ride that tours MU campus or something like that, they could clone the DCA dark ride (if it doesn't conflict with the Door Coaster's story), the Laugh Floor could be relocated, and lastly, the world's next most incredible animatronic theatrical event- Put That Thing Back Where It Came From Or So Help Me: The Musical!

:p

Seriously, I would love a Monstropolis, and yeah while it is 'just a city', I still think it would be an incredibly fun environment to explore. Plus MI is my favorite Disney movie so there's that little bias too :D

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So, what's gonna happen to Pixar Place? I know the toy story mania entrance is moving from the front of the building to the back where toy storyland it. Are they gonna keep pixar place? If so, is it going to become more generically pixar themed and add other pixar franchises, because it's right now it is basically a toy story mini land. Are they just going to walk off Pixar Place after the toy story land entrance and leave it abandoned until it is eventually eaten up by star wars land phase 3 or whatever? Transform Pixar Place into something new? What is happening to it?

Next Big Thing

So, what's gonna happen to Pixar Place? I know the toy story mania entrance is moving from the front of the building to the back where toy storyland it. Are they gonna keep pixar place? If so, is it going to become more generically pixar themed and add other pixar franchises, because it's right now it is basically a toy story mini land. Are they just going to walk off Pixar Place after the toy story land entrance and leave it abandoned until it is eventually eaten up by star wars land phase 3 or whatever? Transform Pixar Place into something new? What is happening to it?
It will be transferred to backstage space.

Magic Feather

Do any insiders know how that area will look from on-stage when they change it to backstage? I have to think it will be rather awkward given it will be an abrupt stop to the path and a turn into TSL. Any theming details know about what they plan to put there? @marni1971 @Magic Feather @articos
Expect a Frozenstrom-esque S-Curve with Mild theming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom