Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

SCOTLORR

As nice as it looks compared to the others Toy Story Land should not take 2 years for anyone to build other than Disney. Typical. This could've easily been ready for 2017.
That's what I was thinking. I was a bit disappointed by what TSL was offering, but then I realized it should be opened rather quickly and be a sort of relief for the park amidst the major makeover. But now that it's gonna go into 2018, there's really no reason to be super excited for this. Oh well, it'll open soon enough, now I'm a bit worried that this could delay Star Wars land...

Jones14

I doubt they'll get it open before 2018. 2017 is Avatar's year, and 2019 is (wishful thinking?) for Star Wars, so from a marketing perspective, you've got three major lands opening three years in a row. Why rush? (From a executive's perspective, not mine)

Jones14

Fallon, Furious, and a Volcano, oh my!!!

All next year.
I guess theoretically you could argue that the water parks are separate, so on a theme park level they'll be equal in attraction openings, but considering the state of DHS right now, it feels very lazy.

MagicHappens1971

Not gonna get into the Universal vs Disney argument, or defend Disney on the slow construction. But isn't one of the reasons Universal gets everything done faster is because they don't use union workers compared to Disney who does use union workers? Which regardless I'm sure they could have two shifts of union workers but thats another discussion.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not gonna get into the Universal vs Disney argument, or defend Disney on the slow construction. But isn't one of the reasons Universal gets everything done faster is because they don't use union workers compared to Disney who does use union workers? Which regardless I'm sure they could have two shifts of union workers but thats another discussion.

I don't know about unions, but I do know Universal uses at least some of the same contractors that Disney uses.

lazyboy97o

They use a lot of the same contractors, vendors and even designers. Disney moves slower because of how they are organized.

Bacon

Toy story 4 opens in June 2018. Theoretically they still could have it done by then because that's more than two years away.
I still don't see it sorry.
iu-20.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom