Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

HauntedMansionFLA

No but they have been clearing out buildings I believe. Based on this it seems things will be getting really started now.
I know I just goofing around. It will be interesting to see how far along DHS and DLR projects will match up with each other. Both projects have several things that need to be addressed before getting to SWL. Cool link - Thanks. And yes, I'm glad they look like they are ready to get started.

SCOTLORR

Any updates on whether or not construction has started? I was hoping this could be finished by late 2017, but having no 'spades in the ground' at this point, I'm beginning to think that's just wishful thinking.

Bacon

This is what the DisneyParksBlog said
  • Family-friendly roller coaster – Guests board Slinky Dog’s back for a thrilling toy-filled coaster adventure that’s ideal for the entire family.
  • Alien saucers attraction – The famous little green aliens from the movie will take guests around for a spin in their very own flying saucers – but beware The Claw!
  • Toy Story Mania! – This current guest-favorite attraction, which allows guests to take aim at 3D objects in into the Toy Story Midway Games Play Set, will expand with more midway track that takes you into the world under Andy’s bed where he’s built a carnival-style midway.
    • Possible idea's (Not By DisneyParksBlog just speculation) –Most likely:Al's toy barn Not So likely:pizza Planet
      d23-2015-announce-1.jpg

Bacon

This is what the DisneyParksBlog said
  • Family-friendly roller coaster – Guests board Slinky Dog’s back for a thrilling toy-filled coaster adventure that’s ideal for the entire family.
  • Alien saucers attraction – The famous little green aliens from the movie will take guests around for a spin in their very own flying saucers – but beware The Claw!
  • Toy Story Mania! – This current guest-favorite attraction, which allows guests to take aim at 3D objects in into the Toy Story Midway Games Play Set, will expand with more midway track that takes you into the world under Andy’s bed where he’s built a carnival-style midway.
    • Possible idea's (Not By DisneyParksBlog just speculation) –Most likely:Al's toy barn Not So likely:pizza Planet View attachment 135411
I ment: Pizza Planet

Marc Davis Fan

The TSPL areas were obviously built with speed in mind. Those parks needed additions ASAP, so TSPL areas came first, followed by he additions that would take longer to develop and build. We're seeing the same strategy here with TSL and then SW, though obviously TSL is more involved than TSPL. Does anyone know what the construction timeline was like for the TSPL areas?

Also, what do you guys think the crane situation will be like? Should we expect cranes visible from Hollywood Blvd.?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The TSPL areas were obviously built with speed in mind. Those parks needed additions ASAP, so TSPL areas came first, followed by he additions that would take longer to develop and build. We're seeing the same strategy here with TSL and then SW, though obviously TSL is more involved than TSPL. Does anyone know what the construction timeline was like for the TSPL areas?

Also, what do you guys think the crane situation will be like? Should we expect cranes visible from Hollywood Blvd.?

The one in Paris appears to have taken about 2 years.

Rteetz

Any updates on whether or not construction has started? I was hoping this could be finished by late 2017, but having no 'spades in the ground' at this point, I'm beginning to think that's just wishful thinking.
I believe they are just going to start demo in the back. Most backstage area where it's supposed to go has now been blocked off according to reports.

SCOTLORR

I believe they are just going to start demo in the back. Most backstage area where it's supposed to go has now been blocked off according to reports.
Is there a chance that pieces of the land are being constructed offsite? That would certainly fast-track the construction timeline, once the land is cleared, they can just drop the pieces in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom